Pieces of the bigger picture!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    Join us for a Social Media Jigsaw Puzzle Reveal Event!

As part of The Year of Darkpaw: An EverQuest® Celebration, we have created a jigsaw puzzle reveal event. This event will occur across all our official EverQuest II social media platforms starting on March 25, 2024, and will continue until all the puzzle pieces have been fully removed and the image underneath has been revealed.

Each day, a task will be posted to our social media pages. These tasks can be anything from posting a screenshot, answering a trivia question, unscrambling a word, or finishing a story based on lore. The first person to complete the task correctly (including correct spelling) will win a point and get to choose a numbered piece to remove from the puzzle. Each platform will be scored separately, and after all the puzzle pieces have been removed, the people with the top three highest scores for each platform will win a special pack containing one of each of the following:
    • Doubloons x10
    • Potion of Crafting Progress x1
    • Scroll of Tracking x1
    • Potion of Vitality x1
    • Item Unattuner x1
    Scoring will be updated daily and can be seen at any time HERE.

This event will take place solely on the official EverQuest II Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram social media platforms, and we will not be accepting entries from the forums or any other social websites, including but not limited to, Reddit and Discord. Participants must have a social media account on one of the eligible platforms to win.

No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Sponsored by Daybreak Games.

Follow us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
    Peredhel, Saw-Lau and Sturmlocke like this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Seems void right at the start

You guys alright?
    Victisa likes this.
  4. Victisa Active Member

i hope you realize some of don't have twitter, facebook or instamgram? I am not for type media platforms. what about discord? I used to be on facebook, never again... or twitter
  5. Erythor New Member

The old adage about pleasing everyone always rings true ;)

You can pretty easily create a dummy account on either Twitter/Facebook/Insta if you want to play this minigame and deactivate it after it's over.

All you get is 10 doubloons and a few temporary spell scrolls anyway. This is pretty clearly mostly for bragging rights.:D
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Do we have any idea of roughly when the questions will be asked each day? I would certainly hope it's during the later portion of the day when most of your playerbase isn't at work and is unable to check the socials at will.

Those rewards aren't worth bending over backwards to obtain. Don't feel slighted if you're feeling left out.
  7. Victisa Active Member

no actually i am usually easy going, but i am just not into twitter, facebook, instagram, too many trolls lol, keep asking for bathing suit pictures, I just usually send them a picture of a Maine Coon in a thong lol. :p:) I am just being honest Erythor. :). I know when the cloaks came around some members "non staff" posted in the forums here.
    Rose Fire likes this.
  8. Barwyn Member

Why don't you ever fix issues with your current event before introducing new things? For instance answer a question about event ranged items previously asked? Are you added them and when? If they aren't going to be added in the next camp why not?

Really be nice to get some company feedback as to why you gave 1/2 the classes ranged items on the Darkpaw Vendor and the other 1/2 are left to pound sand and when or if you plan on fixing it.
    Rose Fire likes this.
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Different teams do different things. This is the marketing and social media division running this. You don't ask the art team to fix bugs.
    Siren and Sheyn like this.
  10. Bentenn Well-Known Member

As good as this sounds, half the items you listed people literally don't care about. How about:

• Doubloons x10
    • Potion of Crafting Progress x1
    • Research Reduction potion 10 days
    • Familiar XP 50k
    • Status Stack 100k
    This people actually will care about.. maybe not the doubloons or crafting potion, but at least 3 viable ones
    GrunEQ likes this.
  11. Sheyn Member

I see a company putting forth effort. It doesn't have to cater to me, but by putting forth this diversified effort it reaches more people and can only benefit me, even tangentially.

The item rewards don't feel like I'll be missing out on them if I don't get them, so it feels like bragging rights, and so what that's fun!

Congrats Ouka prematurely

- Sheyn
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

MikeBob2023 likes this.
  13. Barwyn Member

Be nice to have whatever team answer the question. If this isn't the correct place to ask then what section is? General Gameplay has resulted in zero answers.

Simple question. This is about the Darkpaw celebration. When are you going to put a ranged item for casters and priests like you have for the scouts and fighters and if it's not like real soon why?

Please direct me to the right place so I can get an answer from someone on the correct team on this issue

A little feedback from the company goes a long way IMO..
  14. Barwyn Member

It's not bragging rights btw. Resolve allows you to be able to go into group content and contribute to the group. Grouped with t people yesterday. 1 had barely enough resolve for the H1 but still had a difficult time. The other had slightly higher resolve and was staying alive longer and putting out more DPS.

Difference is the mage had 2 slots of 480 gear and the scout had 3.

If you put out rewards in an event they should apply to all classes. I hate hearing the frustrated people trying to get their stats up so they can enjoy the group content. Especially when there is an easy fix. Treat all classes equally by placing ranged items on the event vendors for the same price as the bow.
    GrunEQ and Geroblue like this.
  15. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, it pretty much is. All of *THIS* whole puzzle piece social media thing they're doing-- the reward they have listed above isn't a game-changer by any means, it's basically just bragging rights.

This has nothing to do with the Herald camps or the Year of Darkpaw celebration merchant in Q/F
  16. Zinj Well-Known Member

17. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

18. Zinj Well-Known Member

I'm not a big social media person. If I'm on-line, I'm either playing, answering e-mail, or looking for a good place to go fishing.
  19. Anguisette Member

This event sounds like a lot of fun, thank you for coming up with it. Pay no mind to the habitual cynics, if they do not complain in every single thread by a staff member, they might explode from the hot air buildup.
    Twyla and Breanna like this.