Paying Rent

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by GrunEQ, May 13, 2015.

1. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I usually pay my house rents on Mondays, which I did last Monday. However, today all my toons that have rent to pay were charged their week's rent today, as though they had not paid on Monday. Double rent?!! Anyone else have this problem?
  2. Strings Well-Known Member

I always just pay 12 weeks in advance
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I wish there was an option to pay the maximum rent period in one lump, instead of clicking the thing however many times.
    Katz and Spindle like this.
  4. Zookeeper Active Member

..................................................................................................................................
    If you do two of the Daily Objectives per day, you will get Loyalty Point Tokens for completion.
    When you get 10 Loyalty Point Tokens, go to either Qeynos or Freeport to the Loyalty Merchants.
    Both are near where you arrive in the cities when you take the globe portal.
    In Freeport, go right upon landing, and when you cross through the archway, look to the right.
    Just inside the building, you will find the banker and broker. Before you get to them, there are
    two loyalty faction merchants near the street...a tall and a short one.
    They are the same NPC's in Qeynos, but in Qeynos, you leave the dock and go right, the two
    Faction Merchants are under a tent with barrels behind it. The banker and broker are farther to
    the left.
    See the short Loyalty Merchant Tark Validus. Look in his list of items for a dark grey box rather low
    down on the list...aTreasure Hoard for 10 Loyalty Point Tokens.
    Purchase the box and put it in your home.
    Your rent will be reduced. For one of the starter homes, all you need is four to have a rent-free home.
    If, at some point, you purchase a larger home, it takes more boxes to reduce rent to Zero and the
    number needed will depend on the house rent.
    Charlice likes this.
  5. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

LOL you don't have to go to the merchants to buy with Loyalty points, you can do so directly thru "cart". I have about half my toons with no rent because I have the Treasure Horde boxes. The toons that got double dipped on rent were the ones I haven't gotten the boxes on them yet. But thanks for being thoughtful. ;)

I still paid double rent this past week so that problem hasn't been solved or taken care of as far as I know, and with the lack of responses, I'm guessing I've been the only person who has had the problem or the only one who noticed.
  6. Goldra Active Member

This sounds like a very interesting idea for not paying rent which I haven't seen. So I'm going to go out and try this out. What is the correlation between rent and how much each Treasure Horde box will reduce that amount?
  7. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Each Treasure Horde trunk will reduce your rent 25%. There is also a Treasure Horde trunk that is part of one of the Vet rewards, but I don't remember which year because I've used them all.
    Kittybock likes this.
  8. Agee Member

I have had issue occur on several occasions (twice on Guild Hall rent, and 2 or 3 times on std QH house)
    Found house/GH rent due - paid upkeep - tried zoning in - kicked out - tried again and "rent due" again

/petition with screenshots from payment window/logs showing two rent payments to reopen houses/guildhall but only 7days accrued - had landlord in court and Judge ordered restitution (got me 2nd rent payment back!)

I have suspicions as to cause...
    At least two of the rent dues fell due during a scheduled server outage - suspecting this may cause "negative" rent (eg: rent due -1hr) - so 1st payment got it back to zero and second then opened house/GH

is it possible your rent due fell during server outage?
    The following is the last time I encountered issue (all my houses moved to prestige - no rent issuse now - and GH's being keep paid up)

ref #130407-000247 Had to pay GH rent twice to open hall
    Greetings ...,

GM ... here to follow up with your petition. I have looked further into our logs and was able to confirm that you had paid your upkeep twice for the Guild Hall, but were still displaying as having only 7 days remaining till your upkeep was due again. I have gone ahead and placed 20p 28g 00s 00c and 531,250 status in your Guild Hall escrow for you.

If you have any other questions or issues, please let us know so that we could assist you further.

and followup as coin component came from my wallet not GH escrow:

Hi there ...,

I've done a bit of checking into the issues that you're experiencing with your coin being granted back to the Guild's escrow, and am happy to let you know that I've been able to go ahead and reimburse you with the amount of 20 Platinum, and 28 Gold which had been removed from your inventory in your earlier transaction. This amount can be found in it's entirety in your character's bank, and should be available for immediate use.

Thank you for being patient while we helped to resolve this issue for you!

Agee
    GrunEQ likes this.
  9. Zookeeper Active Member

It's the 4th Year Veteran Award.
    The crate contains the title "The Zealous," a "Mystic Moppet Billy" disguise that shrinks you by 40% and you look like the demented little slightly burned gingerbread man, and 6 Draft of the Wise (the BIG treasure) that lasts an hour and gives your crafting or combat experience 110.0% experience gain, and one Treasure Hoard box.with rent coin reductions of 25%.
    4 Treasure Hoard boxes make a starter home rent-free.
    I don't know how many boxes it takes for a larger home, as I generally only invest in the starter home.
  10. Charlice Well-Known Member

Just a fyi. You must use your own treasure hoards in your housing. Using another one of your toons items, will NOT work.
  11. Katz Well-Known Member

Since it reduces rent by a percentage and not a set amount of coin, it doesn't matter which rent requiring home you have, one treasure hoard will reduce the rent by 25%.
  12. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

The rent reduction works on all player style homes.
  13. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten about the Treasure hoard, thanks.

As an aside, since we are discussing rent: Please, if you have Sales Displays in your houses, keep your rent paid or try to place in your prestige homes, if you have 'em.

Aggravates me beyond belief....go through trouble to find a house to buy pricey Masters, etc, and they have not paid rent.
  14. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I thought if your rent is due, your market items did not display....has this changed?
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

You don't even have to own a home to put things on the broker so I don't think that's the case. Used to be it would just show your name (not the location of the home) if you didn't have a house or your house was not available. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
  16. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Guess I was in another game when this change happened. Good to know, thanks.