Paladin Mitigation

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Falreth, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Falreth New Member

So i have noticed lately I have been dropping like a rock on my paladin even in H1s current resolve is 9388. I checked and my mitigation is 15ish K, avoid is 14k and Block 215, to put in perspective on my Bruiser with just barely H1 resolve gear my mit is 16k, avoid 35k and block 192. I have spoken with other paladins whose mit is also in the 15k range, am I doing something wrong or did they do some weird nerfing of paladins. I mean I don't mind that my lesser geared bruiser has 20k high avoid, but to have higher avoid and higher mit with just slightly less block, kind of defeats the purpose of a plate tank with a shield. In fact, talking to my groupmates the mages were sitting at 40k mit and the healers in the 30ks, how is this possible? Last week i was tanking H3s with no problem and to be spike damaged to death even in H1s this week makes me think something was done any other paladins noticing this or other plate tanks in general, and if not, what are you doing to increase your mit?
  2. Benj Well-Known Member

I've noticed a few hard hits in H1 (haven't tried H2 yet) that can completely wipe out my health and death save, but even fewer that can truly kill me. If I know those hits are coming, I can use a full damage prevent like Faith and Manawall, or at least add some more wards to myself. My mitigation is about the same as yours, but I'm doubtful of how effective that stat really is. Non-fighters have had better mitigation for years now. Many group-wide mitigation buffs exclude fighters because we already have our own. I mostly rely on my spells to keep me alive, not my armor. I'll gladly pick caster stats over mitigation and block, though I'll take these defensive stats over melee stats.
  3. Falreth New Member

So you haven't noticed any difference, because I went from tanking H3s reliably to falling like a wet paper sack in h1s and 2s with no change on my part. Other than equiping the newest gear to raise that almighty resolve.