Ossuary: Choir of T'Vyl[Event Heroic]

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Jodiph, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Kander Developer

We will look at it. WD40 for those caps locks.
    Errrorr likes this.
  2. Gninja Developer

Is this only happening on Legion or on the other two encounters as well? I am trying to track this down asap.
  3. Xenord Member

All encs
  4. Xenord Member

Try to tank it :p by Paladin for example :p Inquisitor and fury will heal :p and dd will be BL with hands broken at the elbow and support with prev addon dps :p See how much WD40 you need then
  5. Vasco Active Member

Don't use wd40, it'll dry the membrane. Lithium grease is better.

This fight is the only thing that's close to making me nerd rage, and I'm a pretty zen person.
  6. Xenord Member

By the way, find another nice bug. If you keep skeletons till next spawn, then reduction number of baffs do not reduces Legion's AA, and may be group debuff to (not sure). For example - on the first spawn with 4 buffs on Legion stoneskins reduces about 6mil dmg, but when you keep two of this adds till next spawn (if you dont want to spawn spirits), then at next spawn legion get's 6 buffs and start's hits about 11mil in stoneskin. Then, if you kill 2 adds from first spawn, which you kept to spirits did not appears, Legion continue to hit about 11mil in stoneskin. That means that from 2nd spawn tank should do 100% avoid, no any dmg reduction will not help.
  7. Vasco Active Member

That mechanic or bug has been there since they fixed the dmg buff reset issue. Sometime the dmg will buff will drop when you kill the add, sometime it doesn't. It's fairly inconsistent.

Just like leaving the adds alone. At times I can tank 8 adds no problem, other times legion hits for a redo idiots amount that I cannot mitigate. It's like the dmg buff is additive for one fight, then it's miltiplicative for another.
  8. Xenord Member

Yep
  9. Xenord Member

Yep
  10. Kanalie New Member

Fix this name plz!

very fun.. 5:20+
  11. Galvanic New Member

Well that's 40 mins I'll never get back......so 95% of the fight you are just twiddling thumbs, occasionally reapplying buffs to rezzed players. Very fun indeed.
  12. Vasco Active Member

This fight is still terrible lol.
  13. Gninja Developer

Can you be a little more specific... Need feedback to be constructive to get things changed.
  14. Vasco Active Member

The dmg is inconsistent. I can do the same thing on multiple different fights but each time I receive different amount of damage. All of them however is instant death dmg without avoidance immunity running. Coupled with the fact that this fight has no emote, it's almost impossible to determine whether or not that this is intended or if it's bugged.

Add control, feels like this is an impossible situation. No matter what you do, you always gain more debuff toward the end of the fight then you can getting rid of the debuff making incoming dmg impossible to mitigate. So far, I've been able to keep the spirit from spawning, but then I'd have too many buffs from Legion. I can balance the debuff/buff ratio but in the end, the dmg is too much on group and tank. No emote, no discernible unique mechanic that can be differentiate from the rest makes this fight incredibly convoluted and frustrating.

So far, we only know of one team that managed to beat this encounter. It shouldn't be the case of a decked out raid team members running multiple avoidance immunity tanks with 3 healers.

If anyone has found a viable strat for this fight, please post up.
  15. Trak Member

Beat legion with berserker/illy/dirge/assassin/warden/channeler. I had the illy stun/daze lock legion and just burned him down, only swapping off to kill spirits, then back on legion. The incoming damage was still pretty high, but no deaths.

(09:34) 37892M Dmg 66013k DPS Illusionist-Temporal Mimicry-74326339
    Assassin 29318418 | 23
    Dirge 10484312 | 13
    Illusionist 9948530 | 20
    Berserker 6758178 | 59
    Channeler 5680198 | 207
    Warden 3823608 | 223

Basically eat the damage and power through. Probably not a viable strat in most cases though. :(

Also, mezzes and stuns work for the next two named fights. Still cant get the second inquisitor past 80% though, not enough curse cures and the damage from missing a single cure destroys the group.

Another edit: This was on February 7th, things may have changed since then, particularly the random resetting.
  16. Gninja Developer

We are still working on nailing down the resetting. We haven't given up.
  17. Trak Member

Second named resetting today as well, around the 6 minute mark. It seems that if one named dies, it won't reset, or at least has less of a chance to.

Also, is the 3 healer requirement for the last named intended? Assuming I understand how it works correctly, it's a bit silly.
  18. Gninja Developer

No it should not require 3 healers. I will be looking into that as soon as we nail down the resetting issue.
  19. Clevemo Active Member

Did the first encounter with guard/templar/channeler/mystic/assassin/dirge. The Legion of Many named getting a 75% damage reduction (DR) at 15% and maintaining the DR through the duration of the encounter is completely unnecessary to be honest. Having wasted 15-20 mins of my time before the 15% mark, I feel like the ending contributes to the suck of this encounter.
  20. Clevemo Active Member

Don't kill bone piles, just use temps through the initial spawning of the adds. 3 healers + dirge made the incoming damage on tank very easy to manage. It becomes a slight DPS check because the longer it takes the higher damage that "Sound of Screams" AoE will hit the group. The AoE damage ramps up every 5 minutes or so. There was no issue with aggro control especially when you consider that the Malice of Lanys is up for every add spawn, used that charm to snap the ghosts that spawn under the named.