number of AAs Q

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Aurius, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Aurius New Member

I'm a lvl Sarnak 18 bruiser (first character in eq2).

I've started out in neriak until someone showed me how to get to timorous (yay, I'm around other sarnaks and away from inkys).

Anyways, I've been leaving my AA rate pretty high (between 60-80%) because all my quests are always blue/green to me. I want to get through them to the higher lvl ones instead of all my quests always being easy.
    So I'm now up to 76 AA (thank goodness for autoassigning, I wouldnt know where to begin with them).
    Am I just leveling really slow or doing too many quests? Or how do things work for most people?
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

One of the great things about this game is you can level slowly if you want to. It causes you no problems and actually will make you more powerful as you level up (courtesy of all those aa points). And once you get to 90 you can't level higher unless you have 280 aa. Some people end up stuck there grinding, leveling the way you are you will never have that issue.

If you find at some point you want to level faster you can always just move your slider. 60-80% always works fine for me though, I've never been very focused on the endgame though, even when my guild was raiding I was doing it for fun.
  3. ColorsFade Active Member

You should level however fast you want to.

When I came back to the game, my toon was level 62 and didn't have many AA. I put my slider at 80%. Even with that, I outleveled a lot of quests in my journal. I am a bit OCD about finishing quests. Fortunately, the Chronomages exist, and I've spent quite a bit of time self-mentoring down to lower levels to finish quests (I don't consider finishing a grey quest really "finishing" it).

Take your time. There's no reason to rush. The content isn't going anywhere. Enjoy the game.

And if you're on AB and need help with something, give me a holler.
  4. mouser Well-Known Member

On my main "questing" toons I've got the AA set @95% and still don't run out of things to do.

It's a big world out there - you don't have to see it all on your first character, though.
  5. Charlice Well-Known Member

The way you're leveling is how I'm leveling my Beastlord and I'm enjoying it. You'll be very pleased with having that AA later too, and if at some stage you decide you want to level faster, you can.

There's no right or wrong way to level, just level at the pace you enjoy, and have fun!

Oh just in case you're not aware, you can mentor down in increments of 5 levels. I'm not sure where the mentoring person is in Timorous, but a guard could probably point you in the right direction. So if you do want to level faster at any stage you can always go back and do the quests at the appropriate level.