Nights of the Dead 2016 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I lost some pumpkins on regular server because it told me I can't pick them up , but the person I tossed them at can.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

shure enough you can't smash your own pumpkins anymore only those that others throw
    I used to throw them at people that are afk now you better toss them at somebody who can pick them up
    because its not you yourself.
    That's why a merc or pet or NPC won't work.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yep, just find a quiet corner and a friend, or, if you're stubbornly independent or NEVER see a friend on, use 2 accounts.

Remember, you can buy as many of the pumpkins as you want during the event, and then use them at any time during the year that you want, so you're not limited to just during the event time for the achievements. Even the most demented hermit {points at self} can find someone willing to throw things at her for a few minutes. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Avahlynn like this.
  4. Lera Well-Known Member

Has Nights of the Dead been cancelled so we can have six more weeks of Frostfell?

No merchants yet, and they were supposed to be here an hour ago.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. kalenberi New Member

No Night of the dead yet? what time does it start? waiting patiently on Maj'dul server
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

If it's not started yet on the live servers, then someone at Daybreak messed up. It was supposed to have started at midnight Pacific/3am Eastern.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Pssst! It seems there was a bit of a zombie uprising or such that has delayed the arrival of the Nights of the Dead celebrants. Could you check and be sure that they arrive safely? Pretty please with jumjum on top?
  8. Kaitheel Developer

It's there now. And extended an extra day. Have fun!
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

THANK YOU, KAITHEEL! :D

Also: thanks so much for the extra sprinkling here and there of the new collectibles! Just one thing, and I'd never thought I'd say this, but they seem to be...lingering a bit too long. I wouldn't do a thing to change the frequency/numbers of them showing, but can their re-cycling be kicked up a notch, time-wise? Most areas now, I go to pounce hopefully on a purple glowie for my candies, only to find yet another collectible part, which my main on any given server has gone through great pains to obtain for everyone. I'm not the only one cherry-picking, either, apparently (thank goodness for the beaches of Nek and all those lovely Peanut Brittle-packing skellies! ;->). Having them wink out faster than they do now would, I think, go a long way to avoiding the imbalance. :)

Heck, having everything cycle through faster would also re-pop the candies more frequently, too. ;->

Uwk
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Only ran across one problem and I'm going to guess as people get involved, you'll hear more. This morning, I ran Hedge Hollow on two toons. One was L22 and the other was L44. No issues. A guildie (L80 and necro) complained about getting one-shotted by the werewolf twice and gave up. I tried it on my L59 brig this afternoon and yup, same outcome. Get to half health and all of a sudden, boom, dead. Don't even see what hit me. There may be some scaling issues at play here. Not clear.
  11. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Thank you to each and every one who tested for this holiday. I'm grateful for you and the time you volunteered for the good of the community.

Ava
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Katz like this.
  12. Blaupunkt Active Member

I also had this on my 47 Assassin, ran back and on the second try killed it no problem.

I did have a bigger problem with the second key you get that looks like a hand, basically it did not drop and no more mobs popped meaning I could not progress through the zone, I had to zone out and back in and start over.
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this as I forgot to add that. I too, had that same issue when I ran the instance for the 1st time on my monk. Talked about the key, but it did not drop and I had to zone out and rerun. I did not have this issue on subsequent toons.

I did run the instance twice on my brig with the same results. Twice one-shotted, at about the same health level each time. Was ready to interrupt, but saw nothing to interrupt. Was alive, then was dead. Boom---like that as Knopfler would say.
  14. Blaupunkt Active Member

I am replying to you again because I have figured out what is happening, or believe i have anyway.

around 50% the mob will emote something getting stronger and a red glow/hue will go round him, at this point do not hit it, make sure no DOT's are on it and turn off auto attack.

He is actually putting some sort of buff on himself and if you hit him he will kill you, i died several times on my assassin to make sure i was sure what was happening, after a few seconds the buff will drop and you can finish burning him down.

I think he only buffs himself once.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Ah, good to know. You might well have it figured out. I ran him on my zerker this am and took a lot more damage. I'm going to run it again on the brig and see what transpires, but this could well be the answer. Thnx for posting. And I'll let me guildie know as well.
  16. Gneaux Active Member

I just found a weird bug. I was crafting the Platter of Pestilence for the closet full of skeletons achievement, and it is labeled as a "building block" when it sure does not look like any building block I've ever used.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey! That could mean you could build a crap-ton of objects with them in a house and have them count as a Building Block, instead of a "real" item? Sweet! :D

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Lovely holiday, Kaitheel, thanks again, but next year, can you please convince the Powers That Be to REMOVE THE STUPID NO-VALUE TAG from the Nightmarish Ceremonial Plate armor pieces? They're nice sets, but Heirloom means never having to say you can Broker it, and the stupid No-Value means we can't even vendor-trash them. Even my numerous alts on each server have extras that I'm not willing to just Destroy. :(

Why No-Value in the first place? Heirloom I can understand, if you don't want lazy people getting it from the Broker and never doing the quest (though there are other, arguably more cool items from the Hedge Maze than just the armor pieces)... :-/

Uwk
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Call me a dreamer, but if you really want to make this event more fun, have the Nightmarish armor keep the color theme, but make it suitable for the class that actually wins it. Love the look on my SK and Zerker, but it looks completely out of place on non-plate classes like mages or scouts. Again, California dreamin'....oh wait, I don't live in California, haha
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely yes! Brilliant! :)

On the other hand, my Monks/Bruisers wearing it can be sneaky ("Why, no, I'm a slow, clanky, Plate-wearing brute...yeah, that's the ticket..."), and my Mages and whatnot can feel bad-arsed, even if it's not real armor. But yeah, I totally agree with this. :)

If nothing else, usually Old Man Dave drops a chest with this, as well as the critter in the center, and both of them start out wearing ordinary clothing, so they could easily have either Cloth or Leather pieces. Let the Headless dude drop Plate or Chain.

And have it be just Heirloom (or just Attuneable; ditch the "we don't want you to ever sell any of this stuff" tags altogether, since folks are gonna want to do the Maze anyway for all the other cool stuff), without the No-Value tags! ;->

Uwk