Next Expansion

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lidahn, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Lidahn Lady of Light And Crystalline Hydromancer

idk what is going to be about vampires or gods again but one of my ideas is obviously new god quests for lvl 80-100 and also adding maybe if possible 3 of the these (drinal,luclin,druzzil,fennin,xegony,rathe,truimvirate) doesnt have to be all them 2 or 3 of those would be great. also adding that vampire outfit that the those female mobs use they look pretty gothic stylish. it would be nice for halloween.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Sadly, all the planning for the next expansion is already being executed. My understanding is that things like that, unless they were already on the list, would go for the one after that. But can't hurt to throw it on the queue. You never know!
    Feara likes this.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

Right. At this point they are working on polish to prep for beta, it's probably not *entirely* too late for new concepts if they are really interesting - see Graceless, for example - but entire questlines are unlikely.
  4. Dgkelly38 Active Member

One thing it can do is finally give us EQ Classic type robes, with the wide sleeves, for mages to wear.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

This is an animation issue with the knee joints on the animation skeletons. They don't interact with cloth physics the way they had hoped, so those EQ1 style robes that cover the legs had to be redrawn as front and side flaps with the legs underneath exposed.

*IF* they could fix this, they would have already
  6. Dgkelly38 Active Member

I didn't say the wearer's lower half was the problem.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

It's still cloth physics, though. The sleeves wouldn't look like the big cuffs the mages had in EQ1 either.
  8. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Sure, but they wouldn't have to be a mirror image. Just the kind that the Qeynosian queen, and Firiona Vie have.
    There's also the potential for Players to finally get a skin update so we stop looking like a middle schooler's art project.
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

Wow. The middle schoolers you know must be extremely talented. The graphic in this game have never been something I had an issue with. Are there games with more detailed or realistic graphics? Sure. But I've never considered them to be awful. I prefer them to EQ1 without a doubt. I guess everyone has different tastes.
    KauaiJim and Feara like this.
  10. Taled Well-Known Member

That is a fantastic way to convince someone to do what you want.

Did you take a course in negging and think it was a good idea?
    Aggy and Melkior like this.
  11. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Look at the most recent NPCs and mobs, then look at Player toons.
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

I play a lot. I have. I have a different opinion. Sorry, you apparently can't wrap your head around the concept.
  13. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Maj'dul NPCs, Mara NPCs, and Renewal of Ro NPCs are works of art. Player characters are just 20 year old clumps of discarded clay.
  14. Taled Well-Known Member

Turn on SOGA models then. They're several years newer than the base models.
    Twyla likes this.
  15. Feara Well-Known Member

I love my toons just the way they are, thank you.

You see discarded clay, I see masterpieces.
    KauaiJim and Twyla like this.
  16. Laughing Owl Active Member

One thing they have already announced a DirectX update....
    That should begin to open the possibility for tweaks after that.
    Twyla likes this.
  17. Twyla Well-Known Member

And hopefully solve the random kicks that say unrecoverable error DirectX...:)
  18. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

They're also significantly uglier.
    Breanna and KauaiJim like this.
  19. docdante Member

much more frogs!!!
    go go go
    Hartsmith likes this.
  20. Grandavi Active Member

The only character I find.. um... repulsive... is the Half elf. Looks like some kind of plastic doll. All the rest I am fine with.

(oh... and Sarnak's walking drives me nuts... so I won't do those.. lol)