New Reckless Stance 3/14/2014 Test/Beta notes

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Silzin, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Velros Member

tbh leave it as it is, its not a major issue.. what needs attention is Offensive stance.. that is a stance that you are SUPPOSE to be able to use and still tank.. unfortunately it yields less DPS than defensive stance in its current state.. maybe either add potency to it.. OR, maybe turn the tables on the whole huge Pot stuff and make it give the tank a huge chunk *50-100* weapon damage bonus. obviously the fact that you lose 20-30% mit increase just by dropping defense makes you noticeably squishy..

even better idea.. make the O stances semi-class based,

Examples : Crusader - 10 doublecast/some potency or proc on spell based attacks
    : Warrior - 50-100ish Weapon Damage Bonus/ perhaps a chunk of accuracy
    : Brawler - 15-20 Flurry and/or a chunk of WDB..
    but IN THE NAME OF (insert random iconic person here) UPDATE/REMOVE the old damage procs from *Some* tanks Offensive Stances.
  2. Silzin Active Member

I can be leave it is working for you. on my monk all of the benefits of Reckless Suspend when an mob attacks me (As Described and as it has been since ToV)

On my SK (95) the Recklessness also would not drop on gray mobs that could not hit... until they did land a hit, then the buff dropped. on even + Con mobs that could hit the buff drops fast.

On my Zerker (45) when i attack a gray mob and let it attack me it will not drop... mom did not hit. when i attack a White Mob it drops when the mob attacks back.

Interesting, there seems to be something not working as intended here where the buff is not dropping on attack for all tank types.

@Sunje what class tank are you testing when and what criteria are you using... what results are you actually getting in detail plz. lets see if we can ether get it working as intended or changed to be like... 10% of max health, or being attacked for more then 3 sec's.
  3. Sunje Active Member

It was used by a berserker (a friend of mine) he has said that it gives nor problems when he used +Hategain adorns and the necklace from the temple with +40 hategain, after changing the gear and adorns all looks fine and he has +hategain and can tank as before.

We have so much items in the game that we can use to receive hategain, we have so much items that procs and gives all tanks in the group hategain etc.

This change is stupid and it makes no sense, delete it or dont touch it and let the tanks do damage as they do before the patch comes and changes the reckless stance...
  4. RockRoll New Member

Reckless stance should not suspend when taking a hit but rather when taking damage. Solves the problem of pass through blocks. It's intended purpose is to allow multiple tanks to not continually swap aggro, and keep the fight facing the same direction to save the rest of the party. If there is an item or equipment configuration that can be used to make the stance more effective, there is no need to change the ability. Meaning if you have an equipment configuration that has +100 hate gain, that configuration is not designed to be used in reckless stance. Carry around different armor/items for different stances. Like the necklace mentioned that converts taunts to de-taunts.

It's a way of designating a primary and a secondary tank. Tanks should get hit occasionally, to manage aggro for the party, however if the tank fully blocks, mitigates, or avoids the damage, they should not be penalized. There is already a huge penalty in place.. lots of extra damage when you are damaged. If you want to go out swinging like a madman, and are willing to take as much damage as you are dishing out, what's the problem? How about each time you take damage while in reckless, for the next 30 sec, the damage you receive doubles, and stacks? So if you get hit 1 time, damage = 2X, 2 times, damage=3x, 3 times, damage=4x, etc. Resets after 30 sec.

The lore idea is that you are intentionally sacrificing your defense to do extra damage, and so when you do more damage, you become squishier. You are going all out.. so why would you suddenly stop for 30 sec? One thing about how the stance was before the update, it took into account that defensive tanks are designed to take damage, offensive tanks are designed to give it.
  5. Silzin Active Member

I think several of the posters forget the intended use of Reckless Stance....As i understand it...

Reckless Stance is to be able to be used to give tanks something to do when the are NOT tanking. In this effort Reckless Stance needs to help the tank NOT tank and not be usable to tank in. to this ends the stance must do...

• help the Fighter NOT Tank.
    • Should Not assist the tank in Shedding Hate more than a T1 dps class.
    • Should Not be used to tank with.
    the Dev's may have more requirements on Reckless Stance but these seem to be the main needs as i have seen and heard over the life of the stance. the newest iteration of the stance does all of them better then any other version but not as good as it could. thus i still stick to my beginning thoughts.
  6. Skabia New Member

Reckless is damn near useless imo. I swapped from SK to Pally and back already with all the changes going on with this stance. I can say that when you have all your blue aoe's going off if the MT, a Guard in my case, grabs a herd of trash its damn near impossible for me to not pick up at least one of the mobs for a split second. Once that damn mob swings at me my dps is screwed for 15 secs.
    I like some of the suggestions on how to fix the problem, like make reckless suspend if the tank is hit for 10% of max health or allow 3-5 sec of tanking a mob before it suspends. I would like somthing along the lines of turning all taunts into detaunts or mitigate the hate gain that the dmg of a reckless tank dps creates.
    How bout add an effect that when in reckless the tank never be on the top of the hate list unless he is the only one left alive or solo'n. Just drop his hate position by 1 if his agro becomes 100%. That way there will be no way possible to tank in reckless but still make the stance useful.
    Suspending the reckless broke the stance imo. Find a way to make it impossible for tanks not to hold agro while in reckless and the problem will be solved.
  7. Lenolian Active Member

Do not cast all your aoe at once then. A good DPS knows when not to use their abilities.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

Update Notes for June 3, 2014:
    • We have removed Reckless Stance as nobody is using it anymore.
    • Monks have had their Black Widow Stance restored.
    • Guardians and Berserkers are still behind the 8 ball.
    Avianna likes this.
  9. Meshuggahx Member

I still use reck stance on my sk in raids. Less effective than before, but still with grendish neck combined, at least on linked or st mobs i don't pull aggro when unwanted (although with the stupid taunt change+ grendish neck it's actually way too much dehate now).