New Player just discovering EQ2

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by mj295, Nov 16, 2014.

1. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

F2p can't sell on the broker, unless you buy broker tokens with SC from the marketplace. If you become all access ($15/mo sub) you can sell on broker without tokens and can access the broker from anywhere (you don't have to go to broker npcs anymore).
  2. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention, you can also pay for a sub by buying krono off of the broker with in game currency (platinum), but they are going for 3,000+ plat at the moment on the broker, which can take a new player quite a while to acquire, especially since f2p can't sell on the marketplace without broker tokens.
  3. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

No they do not. Subscription is cheap and definatly makes the game more fun. I could never go FTP!
  4. Halanna Active Member

If you don't want to subscribe you can buy 10 Broker Credits from the SC store for 50 SC that gives you 10 "sales" on the broker. You will need a broker box to list things to sell, to put them in. The smaller ones are reasonably priced. If you are on the Oasis server, I can give you one for free.

If you keep playing and decide you are going to stay and like the game, subscribing is worth it. You get double in-game earned currency, like loyalty tokens for the daily quest, all in-game earned currency. There's a lot of different kinds. You also get 500 SC a month with your sub so you can buy stuff on the SC store. It's kind of six of one, half dozen of the other. You'll either nickel and dime yourself to death being F2P and making small purchases on the Store or just subscribe and not have to worry about it. It's an individual choice. A 12 month sub (paid all at once) is only $119.88. That is $9.99 a month, with the 500 SC you get for free it really makes your monthly sub only $4.99. As far as entertainment goes, it's a bargain. And that covers all Sony games, except Landmark (right now).
  5. Wellknownmember Active Member

First, welcome! :)

The most populated servers are probably AB and Freeport. Freeport used to be the only server that allowed "Free to Play" accounts. Now any server might have such accounts on it. Personally my favorite servers are Permafrost, and Everfrost. Just a coincidence. Start a toon on any of the servers and just listen to chat until you get to level 10, by then you'll know if it's a place you want to hang out or not. There aren't many brand new players, form what I can tell, but my guild focuses on training of new players and we get about 1 or 2 a year who've never played at all.

I think personally that you can play for free until around level 30 or 50, depending on your patience. Then you're probably going to want a merc, which will run you real money. It's also a matter of reward for effort. If you decide you want to craft... all currency rewards (tokens and coins given as quest rewards, and used to barter for specialized goods like for tradeskills, it might be recipe books)... so currency rewards for a member are doubled. If you've leveled to 80 crafter before you started paying, you missed out on some doubling that removes some of the grindy aspects of the game.

The from-launch players I know (I'm not one of them though), they always say that they only ever buy collector's editions and maintain their membership. One reason is that they have top level toons that wear fabled armor and use Master (now Grandmaster) level spells that are unavailable to free players. In the end, I don't think this is a very playable game without spending some money. The effort I put in to making my toons high level and getting them various factions, etc... I don't want to then have to keep them "nerfed" because I'm unwilling to pay. People do it, but they have way more patience than I do.

My advice is, buy a 3 month membership. It will be a savings from month to month and yet gives you an "out" if you decide later you don't want to continue. Then let it lapse and see the difference. If it makes none, then keep doing what you're doing and at least you know what you're missing.
  6. attacktrice New Member

Glad I waited for black Friday sale will get double sc. I made lvl. 32 might need mercs. about now. Do they ever do promo on Memberships?
  7. mouser Well-Known Member

I didn't think we'd ever see another double SC day...

If they do, it will be on Monday.