New player... For soloing, and soloing alone. Which is best Necro or Conj?

Discussion in 'General Mage Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-joeyfishcakes, Oct 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

I /yawn while soloing epics with my Conj.
    never played a necro so i can't speak for them. But I dont know many that go around soloing epics like i do :)
    P.S. I'm not saying they cant! I'm just saying I don't know any :p

by the way, at 90 with my gear, my tank pet can be at 1% health and my pet heal fully heals him. So healing isn't really a problem.
    Not to mention I can cast 8 Stoneskins on my pet, which helps a lot :)
    Plane Shift, Ele Blast, Blazing Avatar, Elemental Unity, Ele Toxicity = pet wins.
    Yesterday I tried soloing Kael trash for the first time. No problem, piece of cake!
  2. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Lamprey_02 wrote:
    I dont have an issue with mana. The first named in Pools takes about 15 minutes to kill, and I still dont run out of mana :p
    between Sacrifice, Shards, Manastone, and Essence Shift, its hard to run out of mana on my conj unless the mob has some sort of MASSIVE power drain.
    And as I stated before, my pet heal (which is fast cast/recast) will heal my pet back to 100% health when he's at 1%. +8 stoneskins I can hit my pet with helps a lot as well. (Vehement Skin(3), Stoneskin(3) w/aa, and the AA group Stoneskins(2) = 8 stoneskins.)
    +Plane Shift = godly pet.
  3. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

having both classes 90/320 raid geared and having solod them both up ( i actually have 2 conjies btw) i can say without a doubt necro is far easier to learn and keep alive but later on with skill and aa , a conji can do most of what a necro can .
    in the end though a necro is much harder to squeeze proper raid dps out of with the exact same equipment making good ones much harder to find than conjis

you might just want to consider a beastlord because they are dominating everything and will for a very long time and anyone who doubts it can just go read where soe posted in black and white that they would never bring beastlords to table in eq2
  4. ARCHIVED-Urgol Guest

Depends on what you want to solo. If you want to solo rok/tso raids, necro is your best bet, because epic bosses pwn conji's pet hard. Same goes for things like Cella and other SF group instances. Some DoV group instances probably can be soloed by a necro too. Other than that, either it's not worth soloing or it can be done by any class, really.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Urgol wrote:
    I've always been able to solo heroics, epics, RoK, TSO and quite a bit of DoV with ease with my Conjy. Both are good classes. It's hard to say which is really better than the other because a lot has to do with player skill.
    Epic bosses down "pwn" my conjuror pets. So not sure where you are getting that information from.
    So from my experience (and experience from watching other people play necromancers), with the right amount of skill, both classes seem to be equal soloers.
    I'm only slightly biased towards a conjuror because that is my main and i've been soloing hard stuff since the very low levels, and doing it with quite a bit of ease.
  6. ARCHIVED-Azomonas Guest

I have both conj and necro at 92 and I agree with a lot of what has been said here. I think my necro can take on tougher mobs (epics) than my conj, despite having slightly worse gear. I think one benefit the conj has though, is Elemental Blast. It's hard to ignore it, I mean with EB you can negate old scripts in one shot. I find that I actually have to LEARN some of the scripted fights on my necro, and who wants to do that? =p
    Again, only my two cents. IMO both are great for soloing.