NEW NEW NEW! Holiday House Exchange 2018 (HHE18) Official Announcement Thread

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ealdian, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Ealdian Well-Known Member

Due to some real world stuff happening, Aney and Ealdian will be running HHE18.
    What it is :

The Holiday House Exchange (or HHE) is a house swap that encompasses Erollisi Day, Bristlebane Day, and Brew Day.

When it is :

The swap will officially begin on February 1st and will run until April 30th. Sign ups need to be redone. Please sign up at Aney2018@gmail.com. We will accept entries up to January 28th.

Where it is :
    The Maj'Dul, Skyfire, Halls of Fate, Antonia Bayle, and Thurgadin servers. Due to the last minute nature of all of this we will not be having HHE on Test, Isle of Refuge, or Fallen Gate servers.
    Who can participate :

Anyone and everyone!

Why such a long event?

In order to include all three of the above holidays, We like for everyone to be able to acquire any new or existing items we may get for them, so for instance if a home is being decorated exclusively for Bristlebane Day, the decorator *should* have plenty of time to craft or purchase the items they need.

What else you need to know :

This house swap is all about choice.
    The Homeowner may choose which particular holiday they'd like their home to be decorated in the style of, or if they so desire, may also leave it entirely up to the Decorator to decide and be surprised!

HOW TO SIGN UP :

Anyone wishing to sign up should email the following information to

Aney2018@gmail.com
    • Server Name(s) :
    • Homeowner Name(s) :
    • Home Type and Location (if prestige) :
    • Home City and Address (if not prestige) :
    • Holiday Requested : (can put Decorator's Choice or Surprise Me!)
    • House Size Preference : (if no preference, please put ANY.)
    • Name of Server(s) you will be decorating on :
    • Name of Character(s) you will be decorating with :
    If you are only able or willing to do a smaller home, or will only be able to decorate a room or two, please include this information in your email. We don't want anyone feeling overwhelmed but please keep in mind that sometimes I am not able to accommodate this particular need to everyone's satisfaction.

If you would like to decorate multiple homes, You may do so. Just be sure to let me know in the email with your sign-up information.

Beginning with this swap, and going forward, I ask that homeowners please keep the following guidelines in mind :
    • Please do not submit homes that are partially decorated, unless you are fine with things being changed or torn down, because for some decorators it can be really frustrating to enter your assigned home and not have freedom to be as creative as you may like.
    • We ask that Homeowners be courteous to give the same size home, to the best of their ability, as the size of the one they are requesting. Please don't submit a massive home to be decorated and then request a small one.
    What you need to do after signing up :

Place a book in the home for your Decorator, with all of the following information included:
    • Homeowner Name :
    • Home Type and Location (if prestige) :
    • Home City and Address (if not prestige) :
    • Homeowner Class, Race, Gender :
    • Holiday Requested : (can put Decorator's Choice or Surprise Me! if you'd like to leave it up to the decorator)
    • Any Additional Requests or things you would like your Decorator to know :
    Rename your home to HHE18.
    Make sure to give trustee access to Aney.
    Set public access to NONE.

Optional things you can to do to accommodate your Decorator :
    • Place a guild hall door in the home.
    • Place portal pads in the home, if you'd like to give your Decorator the option of breaking out or blocking rooms off.
    • Use 1 or both expanders on the home, so that your Decorator has maximum item count to work with.
    • Place a house actor customized as your character in the home, so that your Decorator may build the home to scale to your toon and / or include you in their theme, if they so choose.
    • If using a non-prestige home, make sure rent is paid for the maximum amount allowed, or place 4 treasure hoards in the home, to get rid of coin rent.
    • If there are any particular items you'd like used in the theme you have chosen, place them in the home, with a request in the book for your Decorator.
    DO NOT enter your home between February 1st and April 30th.
    (If, and only if, everyone participating on a server finishes early, I will announce that the swap for that server is complete, and you may then exchange homes and publish, if you plan to do so!)

I will edit this post with anything else that I've forgotten or details that may change between now and the end of the sign-up period.

I will send out confirmation emails and update this thread as we get closer to the end of the sign-ups. I will not, however be assigning homes any earlier than January 28th, when the sign-up period ends.

Anyone wishing to sign up, or having questions about the HHE18, Can email me at Aney2018@gmail.com . I also encourage any and all questions in this thread.

Helpers : As with other swaps, if you feel you will not be able to submit and decorate a home yourself, but would still like to participate, please email me and let me know that you would like to offer your services as a Helper, and on which server(s) you'd like to volunteer your time and resources. I will then post a list of Helpers for each server.

We are just stepping up to host this event because unfortunately Shanette had to step down. We love this community and want to continue to support those who enjoy decorating for the sake of decorating.
  2. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

Does Aney have the same name on all servers? and for those who may not know how do you spell her full name to be able to give access to her?
  3. Ealdian Well-Known Member

Aney (<<<this spelling) and I will BOTH be creating the same characters on the main servers: Maj Dul, Antonia Bayle, Thurgadin and of course we play on Skyfire. I have not decided what name I will be using ....
  4. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

ok, one............ more.............. SWAP! ok you guys got me, I'm in lol! :D
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

YAYYYY!!!!
    Sent mine in!!!
  6. Sennetta Active Member

7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And Halls of Fate? ;)

Uwk
    /crossing_fingers, since I'm now debating about which server to do :D
    Contessia and Iskatawna like this.
  8. Ealdian Well-Known Member

Yes, Halls of Fate as well.

Phew! We have NO idea what we're jumping into here, but whatever happens we hope we all have fun!
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! :D

Uwk
    Contessia, Iskatawna and Faeonara like this.
  10. kianne Well-Known Member

let me see which homes i have available and i will look at signing up :)
  11. Ratbill Well-Known Member

Nice of you to continue this event. My entry will follow.
  12. Aneylee Well-Known Member

** UpDate**
    I thought I had an Aney on all servers of which I do not, well I had some variation of it :oops:
    So I have fixed that on all servers except for Thurgadin but am working on that now.
    Please give access to Aneylee. Skyfire can stay with Aney or with Aneylee.

Sorry for the inconvenience!!!
  13. Aneylee Well-Known Member

~10 More Days for Sign Ups~

If you are interested in the HHE18 event, please sign up!

Everyone is invited to participate. New to decorating? Well let's get your feet wet! Have done many events? Well let's get you some boots for your wet feet!

This event is meant to be fun and the time line is 3 months, so plenty of time to enjoy the upcoming game events as well.

Still working on adding Aneylee to Thurgadin, but if you are on that server and want to participate please sign up and I will get with you when she is added!

Looking forward to the Fun with everyone :)

Aney~
    Contessia, Iskatawna, Gretel and 2 others like this.
  14. Iskatawna Active Member

I did it! I signed up and sent my email.. :p I kept telling myself I wasn't going to do this, but LOOK! lol Just cannot resist! Just wanted to say thank you two for stepping in to do this, so that us addictorators can keep doing what we love! ;)
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I can send it in by email, but I'm having issues receiving, so if folks could give me my confirmation ("We got the email! You're good!") and assignment by PM here, that would be foolproof. Thanks! :-/

Uwk
    Contessia, Ratbill and Iskatawna like this.
  16. elflover Well-Known Member

I know i signed up late night (probably too late because i barely remember) and hope i put everything in correctly. Im glad you guys decided to keep this going, would hate to miss it 3 events in one! yay!
  17. Aneylee Well-Known Member

*Grabs her note pad and writes down Uwk,..... oh wait who is that? Oh that crazy Kitty.

Have not gotten your email but have you down!!
  18. Misstake Well-Known Member

Signed up and sent email... I did one on MD but had to add Aneylee and then AB I added Aney.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Got 'er done! :)

With particulars, so you can now find a server to put me on. ;->

Uwk
    Iskatawna, Contessia and Ratbill like this.
  20. elflover Well-Known Member