New Legendary Gear

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ZUES, Jun 23, 2015.

1. ZUES Well-Known Member

So I was being a dum dum head. I've gone through a months worth of raid parses and not one doublecast. It was all in my head... a combination of lazy and wishful thinking (sucks that I can't delete my post). It appears that doublecast does not work for brigs; at all. Several people have claimed that they have double cast on a brig but still no evidence.
    Kalderon and konofo like this.
  2. Rise New Member

Well, as a member of Musketeers guild, I think I have to said something about this.

Let's start with Fenin Ro
    We have 2 bugs on our kill:
    1) Sometimes we have 'haha i don't see a new tank so let's memwipe you to death!' emotion even if we have 4 tanks, one per group, different classes. Given that 7th corpse during the fight triggers raid wipe this bug just introduce occasional almost instant wipes of the whole raid.
    2) As I mentioned before 7th corpse wipes raid. Too bad, event's wall of fire counts any killed player, including another raid's members up to 6 stacks. So if you want to kill the mob and you have more than one guild on the isle you have to make an agreement with another guild to not wipe each other (we have make our agreement an hour after midnight) or kill him flawless.

Nice bugs, without these flaws the boss shouldn't take more than an hour. This doesn't seem fair for the very last boss of the expansion. Of course these bugs were reported within an hour after the kill.

But Cazic Thule was the different kind of story!
    First of all we had had to buy an activation of this avatar because in 2 months of killing Villandre she hadn't dropped Cazic's activation item for us! Is it OK when one of WW top raids should literally beg another guild to activate next boss?

Actually this avatar was one of the best fights in the AoM.
    At the kill time everything seemed fine and working:
    1) Adds healed boss
    2) Adds healed themselves
    3) Fearlings' event was working
    4) Scarecrows' fear event was working
    5) Fear stacks' event was working
    6) Boss stacks' event was working
    7) Adds' events were working (fullscreen zombie, damage spikes, etc)
    It was the very tough fight and it took us 3 days to finally bring him down in ~8 minutes fight.

Too bad, one of Dread Army guild's members, mr. Karagon just couldn't understand Cazic's events so he tried to convince developers that we 'bugged and burned him ignoring the scripts' (8 minutes burn, haha)

So now we have the one always healing boss with all other events nerfed like removed scarecrows, increased respawn timer for amigdalan, increased timing for the fear stacks, etc.
    Maybe there is some trick to prevent his healing.
    Or maybe there isn't because no one have figured it out in the last 3 months.
    I am sure this boss will eventually be fixed and with the nerfed events it will be an easy stroll for at least dozen of guilds.
    If you want to preserve some challenge just revert all of your changes to the Cazic Thule's encounter. It would be killable and it would be a challenge that only top 3-5 raids will be able to win.

Two last raid zones are awful, the Rum Cellar raid zone is very easy and terrible boring, it was cleared in the day of launch and we cleared it in 3 groups (due to holidays in Russia we weren't able to get a full raid). I have thought that's the worst zone in eq2 (with maybe an exception for 'The Icy Keep: Retribution') and it will be hard to make the next one worse. Well, the last update proved me wrong. Now Fabled FTH heads my personal 'worst zones' list.

I have visited only one raid in the last month because it doesn't make sense anymore, it's not even about gear, it's about new encounters and challenge. When we will have new zone to raid that wouldn't be cleared in the first day? It's boring to raid the same zones and pull-dps-loot bosses over and over again for the next 6 months.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is one item (I don't remember the name off the top of my head) that has a proc that gives COMBAT ARTS a chance to double hit. It is a single item, and not the double cast skill.
    Kalderon likes this.
  4. Makkuro New Member

It's a neck with the Bloodlust activated-passive iirc, drops from one of the last names in Sanguine Fountains, 9% chance to recast offensive CA, consumes 15% life when it procs. Alternatively there's the cloak purple from Baz that everyone already knows about and that is actually worth using for anything that might be worth killing.