New Double spell cast changes?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Cleaner, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Cleaner Active Member

I am just curious if the new double spell cast changes are going to effect just Mage classes or everyone? SK's, Pallys, Fury. If it effects everyone, Nothing has changed, the scale in the overall dmg range will increase but everyone will be stuck where they are on the dmg scale. If you are a warlock or coercer you will still be where you are under the summoner and Wizard. How much increase will we see...will casters be over the top on all powerfull scout classes? I just don't see how this one feature is going to help classes that need to be fixed, that are not performing as there Class was designed for. Especially the warlock class, i have been looking at this, and do not see this helping them at all, if anything it will put them even further behind the other caster classes.
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

I don't see how you could think it would only effect mages as it's a stat that everyone can gain
  3. Mae- Well-Known Member

They have other changes in mind for warlocks, I believe. Since they have their own personal type of TW (100% SDA) I believe, they mentioned looking at other ways to improve them without relying on SDA. So don't put your warlocks on ice yet, they ARE looking into balance issues still. (or at least were prior to the layoffs, who knows what's going on now...)
  4. Magic Missiles Active Member

Dev's have said nothing in the Warlock issues thread in over three months now. Killing them quietly...
  5. Mystere Member

Watch them over-correct in favor of Warlocks this coming expansion due to all the Warlock HM Tears....
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

that's what usually happens, an "over-correct" on a class for awhile, I mean look at when they buffed up SKs for SF :p
  7. Magic Missiles Active Member

Warlocks are ready for some love and the straightening out of pita mechanics.
    Fine by me if they are considered top tier dps for a few months :)
  8. Chronus Active Member

The additions to the prestige tree were heavily feedbacked by warlocks and were changed to be useful but not overpowered. It was GU60 when we last got something ridiculously OP that we didn't even specifically ask for.

But yeh, 0 dev responses in the feedback thread feelsbad, but we shall forever keep driving the warlock waaaambulance until core issues are addressed that will balance the class for a long period time rather than require constant maintenance.

I personally think they're going to let FC rot as an ability as they don't want to uncap SDA and don't want to make it pre-mod damage because it scales too well. Making it max ability mod on all abilities instead/in addition to the SDA might work for spiking harder, or maybe even making it the only ability in game to allow amod on doubles (sorry shamans, your wards shall forever be weaker).

Nobody knows what's in store though, hoping they'll help out summoners, particularly necros, first though.
  9. Ucala Well-Known Member

just make it so having more than 100 SDA will do something
  10. Ashrah Member

it does already something it prolongs your timewarp time , timewarp resets dont happen that often