"New Combine Empire"?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cyliena, Mar 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

From http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...=515932#5730512
    Does this mean that we're getting Katta Castellum or Katta Castrum at some point? While I loved Katta Castellum I was really hoping that after the Ages End arc finally finished that we'd get an unique expansion, not more EQ1 rehashed. Maybe I'm reading too much into that quote above.

Anyone have a character on Test Copy that could get the dialogues from the new sig quest? Would love to see them and none of my characters are remotely close to even glancing at Drunder content.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Kinda hard for Katta Castrum to be put into this game. Can't really put in what doesn't canonically exist.

Anyways, if I had to guess, Lucan and Antonia are probably going to start up a new Combine Empire.. exactly what it says. Try to get all the races from all over Norrath will put aside their differences in order to focus on peace, knowledge, and a unified army to fight off any threat that presents itself to Norrath.
    Pretty much what everyone has already done since Anashti Sul threatened her return in TSO.

It probably wouldn't have anything to do with actually going back to the physical locations of the old empire.
  3. ARCHIVED-Celline-Layonaire Guest

Heh, should be interesting to imagine about whether Lucan will eventually rule the roost in the new empire or some countermeasures will emerge against Lucan's plans.

And can't wait for what we'll get to experience Post-Age's End Prophecy.
  4. ARCHIVED-SgtPmpkn Guest

I am quite happy that the storyline is finally moving some, even at a snails' pace. I am only disheartened that at this pace we won't see Ages' End come to a conclusion late this year, at its earliest, and the start of the next chapter, sometime in 2013. Hopefully some lore and story quests can be pushed out more frequently in between the larger quarterly game updates.
  5. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

I wonder which faction of combine it is loyalist or seruites? Man, I can see Lucan as such a bigger badder seru
    Either way, very exciting and I hope this leads into the shissar/hissing of the serpent!
  6. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

I hope that if the Katta Castrum story line is going to be brought to EQ2 that they keep the same storyline of the Shissar using the combine to fuel the rebuilding of their empire and their plans to return control to Kunark
    I wonder if the Sathirians could hold up against a newly formed army of Shissar masters!
  7. ARCHIVED-Fugazl Guest

No events after PoP forced land masses to appear from nowhere they were only discovered.
    If places were dicoverer after PoP, there is no reason they are not out there.
    AoD spoiler thread we kinda talked about the combine http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=509888

'volatile child of Tsaph Katta'

"its grave markers pock this world"

EQ2 its self reflects similar comparisons to The Combine empire. We start the game as a scattered thinned out population of races which had us think everything has faded during the between time of eq1 and eq2
  8. ARCHIVED-Kaitheel Guest

Boog@Butcherblock wrote:
    Boog, your assumption was correct back then, and now Norrath is about to experience it!
    Tiressiaz <Faceless Oracle> said, "Tsaph Katta's volatile child is to be resurrected. Its grave markers pock this world. Choke upon its tenantzz."
    ~Kaitheel
  9. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

If the Shissar were to try and return to Kunark, they would be opposed at all sides by the Sarnak of Gorowyn, the Sathirian Empire, Teren's Grasp, and the Di'Zok, to say nothing of the giants, drolvarg, or the remnants of the Ring of Scale and their droag army.

As for the whole races unifying...that will not last very long. If, at all. Dark elves are going to hate high elves, and vice versa. Iksar are going to hate everyone except their own. The big problem is probably the undying emnity between the two main elf races, the wood elves aside.
  10. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

but dark elves love wood elves...
  11. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Kaitheel wrote:
    I wondered about that line during that quest. Had forgotten about it afterward though, good catch Boog.
    So who is ressurecting Tsaph Katta's "volatile child"?
  12. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

I believe that would be the combine empire as his child
  13. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Talking about stuff that is on test seems a bit premature but the combine empire is a long standing topic.
    The Combine Empire is dead folks. Most of us are living on top of its remains. The Combine Empire covered all of Tunaria which is the modern day Antonica, D'Lere, Thundering Stepps, Nektulous Forest, Enchanted Lands, Zek, Lavastorm and Everfrost. Also they had holdings on Fadewyr. Basically everywhere on Norrath that has a Spire had a Combine presence with the exception of Kingdom of Sky and Odus.
    When the Combine Empire fell the main players in the Empire went to Luclin either in retreat or following after the nobility to kill them. When both sides were cut off from Norrath the cities of the empire were left to their own devices and the ones we know today just continued on. Qeynos, Freeport and Nerriak are clearly combine era cities. We have lore evidence to prove that Nerriak joined the Combine Empire shortly before it fell!
    While it is possible for more ruins of the empire to be discovered, that has nothing to do with what is being discussed on the Test forum. Antonia is proposing to have a new Empire founded with Lucan and Freeport joining Qeynos. Probably this deal includes the other cities as well. It may or may not include the Satherian Empire. I would guess not, but since I haven't seen the quest series I can't say. I'd guess Thurgadin would be in on it, and the Claws of Veeshan since Yelnik is present.
    They could of chosen to call it anything, but I think the chose the name New Combine Empire because they are trying to evoc the legitimacy and memory of the Combine's all encompasing empire. One that could accept all races and unite Norrath, possibly to face the End of Days.
    Honestly I think it would of been more clear if they had chosen a new name, but its more exciting if they use the Combine name. Oh well.
  14. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

the Dark elves never joined the combine empire, I don't think. there were 'present' at the last official function, and it stated that they were there because that's how much pull the Combine had. not that they were actually a part of it.
    and I think in the new quest, Neriak actually attempts a hit on Lucan...so I don't think Cristanos is going to be joining forces anytime soon.
    and apparently the deal is Antonia want's to be the 'ruler' with Lucan as her primary general...more then likely to unite to face Kerafyrm/End of Days. in a situation of 'we have common enemies..and I'm better on social issues and your better on military ones. so we'll join forces, and I'll run things becuase I'm better at that sort of thing, and you control the military, since your much better in that.' I read the test thread and apparently antonia does take a cheap shot about her sending folks to help Lucan's capture by Theer as a jab to get him to agree.
    and I imagine the 'New Combine Empire' will last exactly as long as it takes to confront that threat before Lucan tries to pull a Seru on Antonia. but since neither of these two trust eachother like Tsaph did with Seru...we'll see how that turns out.
  15. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

They *WERE* going to join if that night had gone without incident. Also: The Iksar have gotten over their extreme malicious hatred of other races in the last 500 years. Venril Sathir has given most of his own citizens sufficient reason to turn that hatred towards him instead.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Well this quest is going live tomorrow, hope someone can post their log of the dialogues.

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    Maybe it will be what leads to Qeynos needing its revamp?
  17. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

There is no way for the Shissar to return, they are well and truly dead. Their last bastion was Ssra temple, on Luclin.
  18. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

i doubt it, they're one of the most loved races of everquest
  19. ARCHIVED-FreaklyCreak Guest

I'm doing the quest now. Do you guys want me to just post uncropped screenshots or? I'm currently taking screenshots of all the dialog in the chat window and key pictures that bring a lot of lore and flavor into it.

When I gave my feedback on this quest, the dev responded with saying he would bring more to the next quests to make them more engaging AND he plans on not making previous Fallen Swords series quests be requirements for the parts that launch with or after Skyshrine update(thats how I interrpreted what he said).
  20. ARCHIVED-Iksar_God Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    Live as in on the live servers, or live as in on Test?