New Adventures Await in EQ Worlds!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

The mobile app EQ Worlds offers quests, rewards, and lore for the games in the EverQuest franchise: EverQuest, EverQuest II, Landmark, and EverQuest Next. The app has just received a new update!

[IMG]

This update includes:
    • A new mini-game, Hero of Kelethin
    • A new trivia game, Loremaster
    • A new questline, High Achiever
    • New rewards!

The Hero of Kelethin mini-game awards an EverQuest “Visage of Farfathom” illusion, shown here:

[IMG]

If you complete the High Achiever quest line, you will receive “Stewie the Stirge” pet for EverQuest II:

[IMG]

And if you master the Loremaster trivia (based on the EverQuest Next ebooks), you’ll get a “Colonist’s Flight Suit (Hot Pink)” to wear in Landmark:

[IMG]

The app is available for FREE in both the App Store (iOS) and on Google Play (Android).
    SierraDawn likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have 1.5GB 4RAM and 12GB storage on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I ran the phone version of CCleaner, shut the phone down completely, and restarted as clean as it gets. EQWorlds gets past the Daybreak splash and Firstpost Studios splash, then hangs on the LOADING screen forever. Testing now, I hit the LOADING screen at 14:04. I touch the screen every so often to keep the phone from sleeping. it's now 14:14 and no change. That's 10 minutes. Big fail boat.

Frankly, if the thing requires more hardware than what I have, it needs to say so explicitly in the Play Store.

[IMG]
    Geden likes this.
  3. Baphmistra Active Member

I agree it doesn't sound like it's working, but that could be your cell phone provider. Some places won't allow you to download anything that isn't theirs. Other than that, my original problem with the game still stands; why would you want to play an MMORPG designed for 32' and bigger screens, on a little tiny screen that you have to tilt to see it in the sunlight? Sadly this is one area that never really made a lot of sense to me in the first place. However, if you're going to offer the Stirge as a pet you could also look into putting other smaller creatures in, like a baby treant. or one of those air elementals. Maybe, if you did that it might tempt me into playing it, on the nice, large screen that I don't have to squint to read the tiny, little letters. Or you could offer 10 SC {I still don't like calling it DB, living in OR, DB was a hijacker up here} as a reward, or maybe design an arrow slit for the prestige houses and use that as possible reward. :cool:
    Brennin and Prissetta like this.
  4. Rhvaurek Member

Not True, I have an iPhone 3GS, I have the same problem as Sigrdrifa, My Mother has a Nexus 5, It works fine on hers. We are both on the same network.

Has to be a problem with them.

My Hypothesis is that their future updates don't seem to work with phones/accounts that have already completed past quests, Like the Landmark Live quest that has since been removed. Seeing as I have completed all the past quests and my mothers phone has not completed any of them.

It seems like if this is the problem the solution would be to wipe peoples accounts of any EQWorlds info somehow?
  5. Iadien Active Member

This program hasn't worked on my Note 2 for over a year. It worked fine for months, now it just hangs at the loading screen.
  6. Dellmon Active Member

>>> EQWorlds gets past the Daybreak splash and Firstpost Studios splash, then hangs on the LOADING screen forever.

Same exact behavior on an iPhone 6.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I guess I could try an uninstall/reinstall...
  8. Rhvaurek Member

Already tryed that, Wont work because it would be linked to your account, The only way I can imagine is either possibly, Getting a new googleplay/itunes account or reinstalling the OS on the phone. Either way Its a stupid amount of kerfuffle that might not even work. (This is all pure speculation, I dont have the code so i dont know)
  9. zugbog New Member

Among other things, the Android version wants these permissions:

Identity

Uses one or more of: accounts on the device, profile data
    Device ID & call information
    Allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.

Yeah, no thanks.
  10. Oberon Member

Why on earth would I want stewie the stirge as a pet? For God's sake, you people, give us rewards we want!
    Streppoch likes this.
  11. Mindfanatix New Member

One of my Characters has about 10+ Pets waiting in my knowledge-book to get free. If everyone running around with all the pets you can get in the game, all high-performance-computer will beg for mercy.

I think this items as rewards are a "no go":
    - Pets
    - House Items

What about cool stuff like cool looking cloaks, better looking gear then in the market or real cool illusions (Pet Caster or Character).

And on top. I am sitting most of my free-time on EQ2. Don't have or like to invest Time to play crap on my phone. Sorry
    Streppoch likes this.
  12. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Runs fine on my phone. Seems a little silly, though but my son was entertained by the "bouncing people into huts" game.

Some spelling mistakes and references to SOE that might want to be looked at.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

House items are always, always a draw for some of the community. Some people play this game JUST to "play house".

I will agree that the kinds of rewards that are given by LON loot cards would be welcome. Heck, offer specific LON loot items and TONS of people will play this game. That would serve to also popularize LON, and LON loot cards exist for EQ and EQ2, so it would be a draw in both places.

But bro, don't tase my phone no more! Test the game on phones a couple of years old, like my Samsung Galaxy S3. I am NOT getting a new phone for a game, period.
    Streppoch and Jaden like this.
  14. Windelk New Member

That just looks silly. It probably won't last any longer than the facebook game did.
  15. stephen925 New Member

I still cant get the camera part to work on my ipad 2 or my iphone 5s
  16. Brennin Active Member

This is why I've never bothered with games on my phones. I've played EQ/EQ2 and other PC games for 16+ years on increasingly larger monitors... playing any game on a 5" screen would feel like a substantial downgrade. ;)

More power to those who enjoy them, though!
    Jaden likes this.
  17. Naiha New Member

Not avalaible on Windows Phone, so...
    Feldon and Murfalad like this.
  18. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Did they fix it where I can close it out without having to restart my phone? I have a galaxy 5 phone and I have always had to restart the phone to close the app so I've not been on it for a long time due to that hassle.
  19. agemyth New Member

When the app first launched it worked well enough on my Galaxy S3. These days I cannot get past the loading screen, as others have reported. You need to kick First Post into gear on these things :p
  20. Feldon Well-Known Member

The last thing I want is desirable in-game rewards in EQ2. Then I'll have to actually play this thing.
    Streppoch and Mizgamer62 like this.