Neutral Ranger Epic?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-DragonTayl, Aug 28, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-DragonTayl Guest

Greetings,
    It occured to me that, if they have allowed "neutral" rangers, there must now be a way to do Casualties of the War of the Fae if you're from Freeport side? Before it was impossible due to the guard outside Princess Saphronia's acorn, but now can you do it? I mean, any ranger not from Qeynos side is going to need Raincaller for their epic...
  2. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

The guard paths away from her house. I know this because you have to talk to her as part of the betrayal quest line to join Kelethin from the evil side before you gain any factions and the guards still want to eat your face. You just need to be careful of not charging onto that platform, watch to see where the guard is and go when he's not around.
  3. ARCHIVED--=Hoss=- Guest

umm, I did the quest on my assassin with no problem back when it was new. Well, with very little problems. I won't lie, the guard ate my face twice. First time was because I wasn't looking. Second time was because he appeared to NOT be able to see through my invis, but when I got close I found out he actually could. So anyway, it oughta be entirely doable as an evil ranger. I think the method I used was to have a SK friend train everything away. Even though he got one shotted, I had plenty of time to slip in while the mob was resetting.
  4. ARCHIVED-ElsaRat Guest

If you have friends, there are various ways to teleport past an obstacle like that guard. Conjurors have call of the hero which will teleport you to them. Veteran players get a call ability. I think certain races like dark elves get such an ability. There's call of the tinkeror. And if you're a member of a guild with a strategist, you can have someone put down a flag in the room for you to port to. I may not have all of these exactly correct.
  5. ARCHIVED-Taemien Guest

If its just an epic x2, get a group and gank the guard. If its a x3 or x4, get 2-3 groups and gank'm =)
  6. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

DragonTayl wrote:
    Freeport has had rangers for along time on the pvp servers. This was never an impossible step - just watch where your walking and where the guards are walking.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zutan Guest

That guard does not see invis afaik, but it is just like the ones in Neriak. If you have a pet, including Diety pet it breaks invis somehow and the guard will attack. Even 'hidden' pets will cause this so it is best to disable all pets of any kind before trying to invis through there.