Need AA advice

Discussion in 'Troubador' started by ARCHIVED-Rorigon, May 22, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Rorigon Guest

I've got a level 35 Troubie, and I just got through the Wisdom line of the Bard AAs, and I'm a little lost as to where I should put my AAs now.

So what's the best line to go for next in terms of soloing?
  2. ARCHIVED-Kulaf Guest

My general DPS spec for the Bard tree:

Harbinger's Wisdom4/8

Messenger's Letter4/8

Harbinger's Sonnet6/8

Allegro8/8

Don't Kill the Messenger1/1

Minstrel's Intelligence4/8

Rhythm Blade1/8

Minstrel's Aria0/8

Minstrel's Melody0/8

Heroic Storytelling0/1

Skald's Stamina4/8

Round Bash4/8

Skald's Defense4/8

Fortissimo8/8

Lend Shielding0/1

Wayfarer's Agility4/8

Bump4/8

Wayfarer's Watch4/8

Poison Concoction8/8

Vanishing Act0/1

Is it the best for soloing? No. Because everyone solo's differently. Some people like to mez a lot. In that case you wouldn't want to take posion concoction because it will break your mez. Some people like sword and board more than others. But this is a good all around DPS spec for most soloing and grouping occasions.
  3. ARCHIVED-soulljah Guest

The setup Kul posted is pretty much what the majority of troubs use.
    Only difference is most of us who raid only put 3 points in posions (you realy don't need anymore than that)
    This will free up 5 points for you to get the ability in the STR line Turnstrike, which lets you stay in on some AOE's instead of losing dps from jousting. But thats not something you really need to worry about if you solo.
  4. ARCHIVED-resus Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Asif Guest

soulljah wrote:
    This is what i have done Turnstrike for the win if you are going to raid.
  6. ARCHIVED-Pogopuschel Guest

Esio@Nagafen wrote:
    Allegro is group wide so that's a bad choice unless you solo exclusively.
  7. ARCHIVED-soulljah Guest

Uyaem@Runnyeye wrote:
    Hmmm yah.....unless im missing something and the int line actually does something for pvp, no one should ever put more than 5 points in the int line. Rythm Blade is as far as u need to go
  8. ARCHIVED-Pnaxx Guest

Kulanae@Blackburrow wrote:
    Question......which ones would I do first? I am 63 and certainly not maxed out on AA's, so, which lines first? I think I have AGI right now.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kulaf Guest

I would say most would go with the STA line while you are leveling up for the increased defense and use of the Round shield spec. Once you hit 80 just respec to what you want.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kulaf Guest

Esio@Nagafen wrote:
    It's not just a question of Allegro......it's getting to Don't Kill the Messenger and it's across the board 12% crit bonus when you take the Shadow AA as well. That's hard to beat PvP or PvE.
  11. ARCHIVED-Arianah Guest

Just curious, I went down INT to get Minstrel's Melody, I didn't go down AGI at all.
    (I'm using STA/WIS/INT for grouping and STR/STA/WIS for raiding)
    Why choose Poison Concoction (poison proc) over Minstrel's Melody (increases the attack speed of Allegretto)? I just figured that groups would rather I spent the points in that, but maybe there's something I'm missing hehe.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kulaf Guest

Well the answer basically revolves around the Troubs role as a caster buffer. Spending AA points outside of abilities that increase your own personal......or your groups DPS is unwise. Haste doesn't have a very good return on investment for AA points. Also don't forget the usefulness of Bump which does damage and puts you in stealth allowing you to use our stealthed attack line.
  13. ARCHIVED-Pnaxx Guest

Wgat is the advise on when to put AA's into the other AA lines meaning the other 2 expansion AA lines.
  14. ARCHIVED-Sreneth Guest

My troub is actually starting to raid now and I have an AA spec in mind. For raiding, it seems like the general thoughts are STR/AGI/WIS are the best lines on the Bard tree? Seems like it would give the best return on investment with personal and caster DPS in mind.
    ON Troub tree I went straight for PoTM 5 and JC 5 filling in DPS stuff there now.

Where you recommend I go for TSO tree? I am just starting this tree now.
  15. ARCHIVED-Sreneth Guest

One more note, on Troub Tree I did take Sonic interferrance last night though I haven't raided since I got it to try it out.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sephamon Guest

I'll share a little tip with my fellows Troubs. With the inclusion of the new command /cancel_maintained you can now create a macro that ensures non of your DoT's break mez.

Create a macro from your mez icon and add a line before the ability reading:
    /cancel_maintained Poison

This will cancel the dot if its running and do nothing otherwise. Of course you can extend this idea to our class DoT as well.
    Let me know if you get stuck.
    Cheers,
    Philamonic of Venekor.
  17. ARCHIVED-Aeon636 Guest

Hey there,
    Just a reply to our fellow above:
    I'm parsing around 5k on the dummy atm, without using poison.
    Do you think it would differ if i spec a bit different? i'm maxed in aa's
    Would appreciate the feedback
  18. ARCHIVED-ArcticBlue182 Guest

Hi im a returning after about 14month away form the game, i am wondering what the current recommended AA specs are for a trouby for solo/grp and possibly raid spec should i decide to try and raid again on him :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Kulaf Guest

Just gonna post my full spec for people's reference:
    BARD
    STR - 41
    WIS - 44681
    INT - 41
    STA - 4448
    AGI - 4443

TROUBADOR
    Demoralizers:
    Zander's Choral Rebuff - 4
    Sonics:
    Shrill - 5
    Alin's Keening Lamentation - 5
    Eli's Thunderous Hymn - 5
    Percision of the Maestro - 5
    Sonic Interference - 1
    Calming:
    Cheap Shot - 5
    Singing Shot - 5
    Bria's Entrancing Sonnet - 5
    Lullaby - 5
    Harmonization - 1
    Inspiration:
    Jester's Cap - 5
    Bria's Stirring Ballad - 3
    Aria of Excitement - 5
    Arcane Chorus - 5
    Elemental Chorus - 5
    Resonance - 1

SHADOW
    General:
    Hearty Constitution - 5
    Swift Strides - 5
    Scout:
    Strengthened Links - 5
    Quick Strike - 5
    Evasive Manuvers - 1
    Bard:
    Shrieking Cry - 5
    Flanking Chorus - 5
    Intoxicating Notes - 5
    Dextrous Sonata - 1
    Troubador:
    Harbinger's Chorus - 5
    Master of Ceremonies - 5
    Stealthy Strike - 4
    Court Jester - 5
    Lyrical Mastery - 1
    Upbeat Tempo - 1
  20. ARCHIVED-Sreneth Guest

Ok, this is a great peice if information, thank you!

I have 1 question. My guild is requesting I use Blade Dance to help with Intial AoE from Snake in ToMC and other mobs in various zones. What bard tree spec would you recommend for my mirror to include bladedance?