Necros and BG's

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Payneal The Great, Feb 25, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Payneal The Great Guest

I am considering bringing out the old necro and hitting up the BG's, but I have a few questions first. Are necros pvp worthy? What pet is normaly used in pvp? What aa's and spells are my main focus in pvp? I know these are general questions but i have not played my necro in a long time and could use a quick necro pvp breakdown, thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-Garlin1 Guest

I did a few bgs yesterday and used my mage pet. While I wasn't quite effective at killing a person outright, i always had the most damage done at the end of the fight. So its a yes and no. We don't have that strong burst damage to kill someone, but we can knock em down a good bit for the group to kill. I was still using my myth pet to so it was probably getting resisted quite a bit.
  3. ARCHIVED-yadlajoi Guest

enjoy getting 1shooted by conjuror's elemtal blast.
  4. ARCHIVED-Catchisif Guest

Mage pet blows **** up, almost every BG i was top kills, killing blows and damage.
  5. ARCHIVED-Payneal The Great Guest

yadlajoi wrote:
    I was actually considering betraying to a conj, are they more pvp worthy?
  6. ARCHIVED-Garlin1 Guest

If you want a big red EASY button then sure, go conj. Nearly every class in BG has a way to one shot or lock you down. Necros really don't have that except fear. Conjs can use elemental blast which is pretty much a instant kill on most people, esp if they crit with it. With that being said I am loving my Necro in bgs. I wish we had potential to do bigger damage quicker, we do pack a punch, but classes like assassins will basically stun you and your dead before you can even move.
  7. ARCHIVED-riid Guest

You guys need to get some freedom of action/mind pots these are a must along with some other items for pvp. See a scout coming pop one and blow them up. These are some of the things people from pvp servers have and a reason why you guys are behind us in terms of pvp tactics and such.
  8. ARCHIVED-Payneal The Great Guest

Garlin1 wrote:
    Even if it is an instant win button it is a tiny hard to press button compaired to some other classes..., I will become a conj, thanks for the advice everyone.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

necros aren't too terrible at bg's, I'm coming out near top with most dmg in alot of runs and can hold my own against some small groups, it'd be alot nicer if the healers that joined those things had half a brain to heal tho
  10. ARCHIVED-Guld_Ulrish Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

we get it already, you're a necro and you like to pvp, spam these links more pls
  12. ARCHIVED-stgninja Guest

Only thing I'm gonna add is stock up on some see-stealth totems so you can at least see those scouts coming.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kraa_Aarkyn Guest

I'm wearing the LoN See Stealth cloak, so I catch those blasted scouts before they strike. On the downside, they catch on to this pretty quick and you end up getting a target painted on your back :)
    Great fun though!
  14. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

I came here lookign for a bit of advice. Anyone have a pet recomendation? I mean atm i use my mythical pet in teh bellow 90 BGs. Should I use the new scout pet? From what Im seeing, they may not be MORE damage but they seem to be faster damage which counts for a lot in pvp. Also. any good AA specs that you use would be nice. Im pretty much brand new to PVP. I do pretty decent damage and usually get close to the top in number of kills...Im just looking for something to fine tune me and make me better.
  15. ARCHIVED-Draagun Guest

I have found (borat) "great success" using my tank pet in pvp - the taunts and shockwave are great.. the DPS the mage pet does is nice, but BGs are so buggy with pets and damage, the shockwave and taunt are way more valuable to me ESPECIALLY in Klak. You hit shockwave in the middle when the relic is dropped, that is a great advantage for your team.

In Ganak it is another great tool for the guy trying to get away with the flag.

Lets face it, you probably arent going to be able to kill the guy, but with your snares, fear, stuns, and pet knockdown, hopefully you can delay him long enough for a real class to come along and kill him.

*edit Necro pets.. no idea how mages pets are.