Murrar Shar and an Odd Idea

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Zabjade, Jul 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

You all remember Murrar, Antonia's right hand a Live Event Pre-Sentinels Fate left him in a coma from being possessed? I have this weird notion that he be be waking up and might be the focal for the pre-AoD quest that reintroduces the Lore of the Beastlord.
    Sorry if I put this in the wrong Sub-forum (no conspiracy theory forum), I literally woke up to type this...

I wonder if this means I'll delete this when I wake up later :p
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

But... he's a ranger.
  3. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    No. He's a fighter. He wears plate armor. If he isn't a Paladin, I'd say he's a Guardian.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Meant a contact point for the spirit, He might not be one himself, just that he is a convient medium a Kerra and in a Coma due to possession (IE Damaged Spiritually) I don't believe his class comes into play.
  5. ARCHIVED-Chiel Guest

If he's a Kerra it wouldn't necessarily help. You'd need a Vah Shir. We have plenty of Kerrans around who could have similar circumstances as Murrar so the only reason to have him involved is because he's an important NPC instead of some nameless person in the background. Now, I'm sometimes pretty terrible with lore and my memory, and I just woke up, but if someone could remind me...wasn't Murrar Shar supposed to be an actual Vah Shir? Or is he in fact just a Kerran?
  6. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Kerra Vah Shir, the differnece is only as much as Human and Barbarian.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

not exactly. Kerran against Vah shir or more like the difference between an erudite and a barbarian. and I'd still pay good money to get the Vah Shir back.
  8. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    Actually its less different than you think. According to Lore the Vah Shir stranded on Norrath supposidly married into Kerra families and created the modern day Kerra. Old EQ1 Kerra were about the size of wood elves (i.e. shorter than humans), and they all had black fur. Modern day Kerra come in a wide variety and are one of the tallest races in the game. Unfortunately the Vah Shir look must be a recessive gene because there are no tigre or lion based looks that would be common for the Vah Shir.
    Personally I'd rather see the old Euradite look come back before seeing Vah Shir. Somehow old school euradites are joining the brotherhood and helping in Velious, I don't see why they couldn't become playable. Heck, the art is mostly done!
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Ulgrim@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Oh that's right, I was thinking of Dancer up in Tenebrous Tangle.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

I want vah shir back to see a feline race that actually looks feline and not like a gorrila. and second, in eq1 there were a wide variety of kerra looks. tawny and the grey color. the Shir were the only ones with solid black looks as they were all based of big cats. 'tigers/mountain lion/lion/panther/cheetah) with the exception of that siamese cat look.
    but like I mean the kerrans are a 3rd generation. Vah Shir are the oldest. they were th eupper crust nobility, the strongest and the brightest before they got sent to luclin, then you had the Kerra....then kerra interbreding with Vah Shir got those gorrila looking things we call Kerran.
    Though personally, if I was a Vah, I'd stick to the Vah left. no way would I have touched one of those short bow legged Kerra with a ten foot pole.
  11. ARCHIVED-troodon311 Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    And since true Kerra were scrawny, hunched over chimp-looking creatures, the Kerra we have obviously didn't get their gorilla-ness from them... it makes you wonder how incredibly gorilla-like actual Vah'Shir would be if they were reintroduced into EQ2
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

How do you get "chimpanzee" out of "scrawny house cat"? Blame the fact that they're a bi-pedal humanoid creatures who obviously have to have some way of swallowing and breathing while standing upright for the gorilla appearances.
  13. ARCHIVED-Arbreth Guest

I keep wondering where on Norrath you think EQ2 Kerra look like gorrillas? My Arbreth stands upright and has a muzzle. TO me her ancestors in EQ1 (Kerra as well as the Vah Shir) look more gorilla like.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Meirril wrote:
    That's odd, My Kerra Provisoner/Mystic Sentaiga Iceclaw has a Tiger appearance.
  15. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Meirril wrote:
    Same reason why the Coldain aren't an option - The models don't share all the same animations as the player races.
  16. ARCHIVED-troodon311 Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    I was keeping with the ape motif. Like Arbreth, I don't think the EQ2 Kerra look much like gorillas either.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Bah they don't have the beards to be a Player Race! ;)
    Yeah the old Kerra had a Hunched-over half-evolved look to them.
  18. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

there was a post in look and feel that actually broke down the structure to the Kerra head and body and basically proved they are more like gorrillas in form then cats.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Anyway, back on topic, I find it unlikely that Murrar would become the person to whom the whole world would learn about the lost arts of the Beastlord. If he was, then he would have no reason to tell anyone outside of the highest, most trusted members of Antonia's royal guard. This is something that everyone all over the world will learn about. Remember, when Quellious blessed Master Puab Closk with the knowledge of Arcane Combat, he went straight to Qeynos to tell the ruling council and the high guard. Eventually the knowledge was passed down to other people who could be trusted, and Lucan D'Lere and Freeport learned about it by torturing some monks until he told them. If the lost art of the Beastlord is suddenly going to return to one person, then I don't see there being some time period where one side of Norrath or another wouldn't know about it. It's a neutral class anyway, so it'll probably be someone who isn't affiliated with any city or faction.
  20. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Unless he was sent to some Villa to recover close to nature once he woke up and then encountered the spirit, as for the evils, you just KNOW Lucan or Christanos are likely to have a spy there to also talk to the spirit. Possibly even an Agent of Gorowyn there on a Diplomatic mission.