Membership pricing, how is this fair?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Levatino, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Levatino Active Member

I had a problem paying with my Maestro debit card in januari this year. Reason Maestro was canceled as a payment option (without letting people know it was.) cause of troubles on their side. Result I was banned cause of this payment trouble (See here for the post about my incident).

The issue I now have is that while I still have some 150 days of playing time on my account I thought in advance and don't want the same issues as in januari, I want a solution for my membership. I like this game and want to pay for it.

They still don't allow Maestro as a payment option. Another debitcard is also not an option cause Europeanbanks all use Maestro. Paypal is NOT an option if you want to pay membership and if you don't have a credit card or can't have one then the only option they give you is kronos.

Now some simple math.
    If I want to have the same time I had I have to buy 12 krono's (package of 10 + 2) which would be monthly 15,99 in euros ((159,99 +31,99)/12) instead of the 7,99 I had. 95,88 per 12 months.

Yes you see it correctly, if they didn't decided to cancel Maestro I could have played 2 years for the same price...

For the kicker it was possible for me in januari to pay to a Dutch bankaccount they have. I paid the annual membership directly to that account, made a screenshot of payment and I was unbanned after 3 days when they received payment. So my question would be if Paypal and/or Maestro can't be used then allow me to pay for my membership the same way again.

I really love the game but paying double for the same service is not an option.
    suka and Feldon like this.
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's available in your country - I'm UK, but check out Kalixa.com. They provide a pre-paid debit card linked to MasterCard. Create the account, load up with some cash (many different ways - I load up from my direct debit card linked to my bank account because there's no fee).

I have had a Kalixa card for around 3 years and now use for all my online purchases, just making I've pre-loaded with enough funds. I use this method for two EQ2 accounts without issue (or bans). If not available where your live goodle pre-paid debit cards for your country.
    suka, Moonpanther and Levatino like this.
  3. trixster Active Member

Why dont you just buy Gametime cards via a retailer?
    suka likes this.
  4. Levatino Active Member

Good suggestion. Only one big problem try finding them in Europe
    Feldon likes this.
  5. Levatino Active Member

flameweaver, I'll try that site. Thanks for the suggestion
    Moonpanther and flameweaver like this.
  6. trixster Active Member

out of stock. LoL I see what you are saying it looks like DBG dropped the ball on game time cards.
    Feldon likes this.
  7. flameweaver Well-Known Member

They've never been for sale, at least not in the UK.
    Moonpanther, Rhodris and Feldon like this.
  8. Levatino Active Member

Kalixa is not available for my homecountry (the Netherlands) will continue my search. Hopefully a tsr can tell me which prepaid creditcards they do accept
  9. trixster Active Member

You cant paypal?

--- this seems to go back to 2012 with sony they sold of the EU market.

spit balling ideas.... You play on EU servers?
  10. Levatino Active Member

Paypal is not a payment option to pay for all acces, which is a shame though.

I play on Euro server. Thanks for thinking with me btw

I think I found a card btw a Mastercard prepaid card for the Netherlands only. Have ordered one now.
    suka, Eggfu and flameweaver like this.
  11. trixster Active Member

I reread and see you are trying to get away from Krono to delete comment. GL with the CC.
  12. Dedith Well-Known Member

Well, I know you looked at purchasing Kronos outside of the game and I agree it's a bit out there, but have you looked at purchasing Kronos inside the game? On Stormhold, the prices are silly at ~2pp right now, but getting 2pp there is not easy either. On others it's much higher, like 5-10kpp, but the prices went up with the launch of the TLE servers.

Might not be an option for you, but it's an option.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the OP doesn't have 120k plat to buy a year's worth of Krono.
    suka likes this.
  14. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I think paypal had an issue regarding international charges. I remember trying to buy something from a site that was based in Germany and they wouldn't allow it.
  15. flameweaver Well-Known Member

You should be good with a mastercard and/or visa.

I know many games, including EQ2 have problems with Maestro and there are many outlets in the UK, online and real, that won't accept it.
    suka likes this.
  16. Eggfu Member

is american express a payment option on the EU side? amex has a trio of debit cards that are actually pretty cool - bluebird, redbird, and serve - and they are accepted by all merchants that accept american express charge cards / credit cards.
  17. Chiaroscuro New Member

Steam is an option for All Access, and you can setup Paypal in steam (among a variety of other credit cards)
  18. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

My question is why can't you use paypal to buy krono but not pay your sub?
    suka likes this.
  19. Antisocial Member

Years back you could not have recurring options with Paypal. Perhaps this is still a limitation and that would exclude Paypal since all access is always set to renew / recur
  20. suka Well-Known Member

you can buy them online. i found one awhile back where i was able to buy them and the company was reputable but i haven't bought there since they stopped giving us special sales on station cash. however, check your country for one. make sure you check for any complaints against them before buying and make sure they guarantee your money back if it fails to go through.
    Levatino likes this.