Members Only Special Summer Sale!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, May 21, 2015.

1. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

Ah that's more like it then. My g/f will be happy to here that lol. She read Marketplace Items only which normally would exclude stuff like that.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

WOOT! :D

Thanks for the test, Ninon! :)

Uwk
    s7n7a7k7e likes this.
  3. Louly Well-Known Member

I think Majic you should speak only for yourself. I've been playing since 2006 and plan on playing as long as the game is here. The incentive is fine because any incentive is nice :D Thank you Daybreak :)
    Naramsin, suka, GrunEQ and 1 other person like this.
  4. RhaeNZ New Member

I keep getting the error message "The Station Marketplace is currently unavailable. Please try again later". But store clearly isn't down as it sounds like other players are buying things without trouble
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Character Slots are discounted. I just pulled one up (but didn't hit the final "BUY" button) to check. The 20% members discount was applied, so they are currently 800SC.
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

why are you replying if you don't know?
    I checked and character slots, heroic characters, etc are all 20% off. I wasn't posting a hypothetical answer, I VERIFIED mine. I posted to CORRECT your misinformation.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feldon like this.
  7. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

Because as I mentioned my g/f had said she was going to purchase slots but then said the discounts didn't apply to them.

Seriously though, you should chill out a little. I'm glad to hear that I was mistaken because both my g/f and I had intended on purchasing more slots. So this is good news to me. I don't need chewed out for trying to answer someone's question.

You're on the Everfrost server correct? My g/f is a decorator and I believe you made some house items for her once. Every time she sees your name in the chat window she's like "There's that Kuulei who helped me out that one day. Seemed like a cool person." And that's coming from someone who is generally antisocial in games because a good majority of players can be real p:eek::eek::eek:ks. Which is why we only group with each other as a family 99% of the time.
    suka likes this.
  8. Awkk Well-Known Member

Sounds like Kuulei was trying to be helpful again, by making sure ppl knew that they could get the discounted char slots. Don't take it so hard that you made a mistake. Maybe your girlfriend checked before the discount started, or didnt take it past the first screen. Sometimes the discount does not show up till you start to buy it.
    suka likes this.
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I thought I read somewhere that they would be doing more double xp or double status soon or was it in one of the live feeds. I guess one thing hasn't changed....they mean soon™. I was so hoping for double status this weekend. I hope it happens soon instead of the next holiday. Thanks for the discount on marketplace stuff.
  10. Landreau New Member

Yeah would it kill you to have xp bonus at least? :(

Don't care who is breathing down their neck. I already feel slighted with the last expansion, and yes I feel that DB is out only to make $$ and not really interested in their clients. Sorry the truth may hurt but I am a lifer with this game and I love it but I do not share the optimistic appraisal some of the others have for this company. (fires up the Wow launchpad.) I seriously wonder about the future of this company and future releases. So sad. :eek::oops:
  11. Sadsack Member

Okay, I'll bite and reply.

Let's do the math.

In order to reach a breakeven point for a new $15 subscription, at a 20% Station Cash savings rate, a new subscriber would have to spend $75 in the Station Cash store in addition to the $15, for a total of $90.

How many new subscribers do you think will bite on this offer?

Marginal at best.

At a 50% Station Cash discount a new subscriber would have to spend $30 in Station Cash, plus the $15 subscription, for a total of $45 to reach breakeven.

A little better, but probably still not many takers.

Anything more than 50% Station Cash bonus, and Daybreak is giving away the farm.

Why should Daybreak do that, those that already spend money to support the game will continue to do that, while those that don't will see this as a one pop chance to get cash shop items on the cheap? Daybreak gets a $15 one pop subscription, not a reasonable exchange for the discount.

In short, using Station Cash discount offers to increase subscribers probably hurts revenue, as it's more often than not better to generate at least some revenue from non-subscribers rather than close non-subscribers out of the offer entirely.

The failure rate of the F2P monetization model to sustain development of new AAA titles has been shown in several recent launches.

Which is why we have what we have in the MMORPG market, fast games for fast cash.

Development studios have trained their customer base wrong yet again.
  12. Ratz New Member

It's as if Daybreak hired Kaan & Associates to create this promotion!
    boogski likes this.
  13. Spindle Well-Known Member

End of school year equates with start of summer in many locations around the world. It's a figure of speech, or, in today's vernacular, a meme.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

lol uwk- we won't be getting real expansions at all. dlc is all we get. I like the sale because i can get some of jerry's stuff. other than that, it doesn't help people much. but then i don't buy much more than player studio stuff
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spindle like this.
  15. Sinda New Member

20% off...Major yawn either way. I'm not motivated to rush to log on, nor am I going to rage quit over such miserly generosity by management. No biggie either way.

What crumbles my cookie is the announcement of the Ragefire progression server in EQ at the same time.

Seriously? EQ2 is becoming a morass of ghost town servers with players crawling through ground glass to reach a mirage of someday merging servers with another ghost town. And, for many there is a rabid hunger for a progression server to revitalize interest...and you guys give EQ1, a game almost old enough to vote!--a new progression server?

In the words of Doctor Evil: "Throw [us] a frickin' bone here!"
  16. Losadunai Active Member

I'm kind of, well, of two minds here. I am not upset that this is the memorial day deal. I would have been happier, sure, if it had applied to DLC. Or if it had been bonus exp. Or if I could have taken 50% off one purchase (which would have been the aerekyn noble lol). Mostly I'm kind of "meh" because there isn't much I actually want to buy in the marketplace right now. But you know what, I am not MAD about it - my gosh, they could have given us nothing at all. It surprises me that so many people are actually kind of angry about it o_O We just had double exp a short while back and I'm sure it will come again.

Traditionally (from a commercial standpoint) businesses have made Memorial Day all about sales, savings - and that's what DBG has done here. Followed suit.

Anyway... even if I don't know that I will take advantage of the sale right now (kind of not the right time of the month for it) I am glad they offered it. Was nice of them.
  17. Thyrana New Member

Ooops havent played in several months..the game I loved just no longr had any draw for either of my accounts..Havent been playing anything else either..just was so bored of More of the same and my guild wasnt big enough to raid so not much to do besides grind
  18. Luvstabin New Member

What good does it do to have things on sale if you cant add cash to your wallet??? Very disappointed
  19. Madelinerose Member

This wonderful summer sale would not apply to me even though I am an all access member and have been for an extremely long time. I made the mistake and transferred servers and now I have no homes! day 13 and have bags full of crap with no place to set them down. the last thing anyone needs to do is transfer. you should be happy there is no discount for it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Feldon and suka like this.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

if i read it correctly, character slots are discounted. anything bought with sc would be. dlc is not bought with sc. neither is krono.