Max lvl gameplay

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tylo, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Tylo New Member

recently hit max lvl after spending well over a year leveling my character with a few breaks. The game during this period was very enjoyable, i duo'd with my wife and a couple mercs, dungeon crawling through to get gear and experience the game. Content was difficult but most of the time we could do anything our level.

Fast forward to the past 3-4 weeks, got lvl 95, AAs were already maxxed, got my vesspyr gear and finally looked forward to doing content with a full group of actual people! But so far i have been severely disappointed by how the group dungeon mechanics seem to operate. Everything seems to be nothing but a massive AE fest, with little to no regard to how many mobs, which mobs are focused first....what the hell does CC even mean?...The only threat to a group is the accidental pulling of too many mobs or a 1 shot to the tank, healer, or even the whole group sometimes... even if dps die it is little to no consequence since the amount of in combat rezzes seem infinite, hell i have even had the tank die on a boss and get rezzed and proceed to win the encounter.

I guess my main question i would like to hear from the max lvl veterans is, is this the way content will always be? what about raiding is there much organization there? or is it more of the same thing you just have more people. lol

Sorry for the rant, I honestly expected the max lvl group play to be a whole lot like the EQ1 i remebered =/
  2. Dreadtalon Active Member

Once you are max level and are *geared out* raiding is absolutely where it's at. Players must work together in teams of 12 to 24. Raid bosses are *heavily scripted*, which translates to *need a strategy* to defeat them. There are usually multiple ways to defeat said bosses depending on your raid force makeup. Raiding is a blast, and there is nothing quite like achieving a guild progression kill. :)

I wouldn't play EQ2 if there weren't raids.

And no, to me EQ2 is nothing like EQ1 glory days, but it's far superior to the EQ1 that exists now, IMO.

Dreadtalon, a Freetard of Freeport