Marketplace Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thordalf, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Sadoc Member

I'm sure this has been touched on, but could we get old expansion items (merc, mounts, houses, etc.) on the marketplace for those who missed out when the expansion was available.

That would be awesome!

-Sadoc
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Anything that was included in a pre-prder will not likely be made available. Otherwise people wouldn't do the preorder at the level to get these items. The company probably needs the pre-orders to hit before year-end for their books.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

But they could let the others items be available.
  4. Feara Well-Known Member

I love the Velium Multi-Forge. Can we have some more flavors?
  5. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

As someone who pre-purchased the game on two different accounts on separate occasions, I can tell you the value of those pre-order items depreciate with each new expansion and buffs don't stack and teleporters only go to zones up related to when they were sold. So the only reason to buy them years later would be for adding flavor to the game. People who can spend the money to pre-order the game are always going to pre-order the game. Their pre-order bonus toys are not going to be diminished in value by the sales of miscellaneous items from pre-orders/expacs that are five or more years old.

iirc, the Velium Forge is a variation on Varig's Forge that was part of an anniversary celebration pack that you could buy a couple years ago. Odds are there will be another version at some point when they put together another pack of goodies to sell.
    Mugwort and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Even if they're non-functioning versions (which would please the folks who get the pre-orders), like the li'l Druid Rings and mini-Griffon Towers that were available during/after that World Event. They don't actually work at all, they're just cute souvenirs. :)

Probably! I liked the original Varig's Forge better than the bluish one, frankly; while I love blue, don't get me wrong, I do think it was an icky color choice for the ham thing at the "Provisioner Station" (FYI: if your meat is THAT color, don't even think about tossing it :-/).

They could come out with all the colors for all the holidays/expansions, as long as they just keep the ham a color that looks like folks would want to eat it (or at least not spew when they're trying to make something, especially Provie stuff) ;->

Uwk
    Hartsmith and Geroblue like this.
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I don't know WHY the armor crates were removed . . . Other than maybe the funky personal treasure keys which I had no clue what to do with. How does "Appearance armor" go against your standards? And just what ARE your standards?? I happened to LOVE LOVE LOVE the Everlight crate! This aor is stylish and fashionable for Norrathian standards. I think I can speak for all fashionistas of .orrath whe I say WE WANT MORE LIKE IT! Bring back the armor crates (minus the silly keys)! Those would affect the game drastically. The other stuff .
    Not so much. I want to seeore armor in that style. I really like it! Bring it back!! Please!!!
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

When I worte this I was Frellin pissed. But as someone on Facebook pointed out . . . those "Treasure Keys"? They were a DEFINITE ptw strategy and a very very bad idea! Shame on you guys for even thinking that was good in any way. shape or form.

You want my suggestion?? I HIGHLY suggest . . . Bring BACK the Armor crates. . . they were only appearance. Just don't put those KEYS in. Those were BRAND NEW and do not belong in our game. I dont think the status baubles were really bad. . . neither were the jadite coins (which I JUST recently found out are used in the black market area under Qeynos Harbor? )
    I really liked the New Combine Crate we had . . . and I LOVED the Everlight(?) stuff. I only got a couple pieces but what I did get I absolutely LOVED!
    JUIST REMOVE THE KEYS AND WE WILL BE FINE!
    BRING. BACK. THE. ARMOR!!!
    SO SAY WE ALL!
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Cheatingsux New Member

One thing I would love to see change is that people who chargeback their daybreak cash get dealt with. On the Varsoon server there are a few individuals who sell Daybreak Market items for low and non-lucrative prices (compared to Krono). These people buy items for DBC, trade them to another account, chargeback their purchase, get banned on the initial account and remain with countless "free" items such as LoN packages. The sellers (same names as months ago) have been reported by multiple players and aren't penalized.

Daybreak as a company doesn't make money through these chargebacks, meaning less funds for development and such.
    The easiest fix for this would be to make ALL Daybreak Market items heirloom.
  10. Feara Well-Known Member

I hope so.

The Velium Multi-Forge came inside the Destiny of Velious Crate I purchased the other day and it's beautiful.

Whoever designed it, YOUR AWESOME.

I love the multi-crafting table idea all together. It is fun to see all the different items on the table.
    I would be very interested if they would offer this in different styles like wood.
  11. Feara Well-Known Member

Wow. Is this really a thing? The things people come up with is unreal but.. real.

I like your suggestion.
  12. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

FREEZER BURN! Kinda goes with the Velious, frozen wastes theme, LOL.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feara like this.
  13. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

What the frell is a chargeback?
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, but after seeing both several tons of rotting meat in all its various, pretty, "Wow! I never knew meat could turn those colors!" forms (oh, the jobs I've had...) and freezer burn, what that ham looked like was rotten meat with freezer burn. ;->

Uwk
    Hartsmith likes this.
  15. The Martian Active Member

I know one thing us Canadians would like...
    To be able to purchase stuff with Canadian Dollars. (subscriptions / Station Cash etc)
    When using a credit card we get dinged 3% more for cost (minimum). And the taxes on top of that + 3%....
    If you buy one of the single use credit cards we get dinged even more.
    It is a dis-incentive to getting a active account, or buying things on the Marketplace.

Please Please we have been waiting for Decades for this.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

How do the folks in Thurgadin handle it, especially in the UK and in the EU? Different currencies; do they also have to buy everything in $US without conversion? :-/

Uwk
    The Martian and Geroblue like this.
  17. The Martian Active Member

When purchasing you can use Pounds or Euro... So they don't get the additional currency conversion ding.

I am just guessing because Canada is such a small market share.. They just don't want to bother. (Sad Sigh)
    Unfortunately it has been that way since the beginning. Wasn't so bad when the can $ was worth 1.05 us (now worth $.75 approx US)
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ouch... :(

I remember back when the Pound actually slipped below the US dollar in value; it didn't last very long, was indicative of the UK's woes in general at the time, and oh, the raging to the heavens... X-P

Uwk
    The Martian likes this.
  19. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Are the armor pieces worn by the women in the (concept art from before EQ2 launched) painting Traitor's Insult, and that one with the lady on horseback with a rhino rider in the background, in the Marketplace?
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

A lot of the pieces available in the Marketplace are either really super-specific (race-based [which still doesn't explain why the Ratonga one makes either gender look like a -- procurer] or ostensibly class-based) or really generic, like the Mara or generic Commoner sets of casual clothes. I don't recall anything looking like what you're describing, though I do recognize the referents. :-/

You can access the Marketplace from the Character Select/Create screen, even if for only limited usages; can't recall if you can then go to the rest of the Marketplace from there...hang on, brb...

Ah, okay; no, you can't access the rest of the Marketplace unless you go into the game via a toon from the list or create one; the only part of the Marketplace you can get into from the Character Select screen is the Services area, mostly for buying new Character Slots. :D

Once in, all the possible stuff you're looking for would be in the Appearance Items area (Armor, Casual Clothes), which, sadly, they've removed quite a few things from over the years. :(

But you might find something close to what you're looking for. :)

Uwk
    Geroblue and Twyla like this.