Make identical steps

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Grouse, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Grouse Active Member

I've started playing around with the new home decoration options and have couple of, what I hope are, simple questions.
    1. If you are making something that will contain many, identical objects, that you have "tweaked", like a stairway that is made of a dozen steps that are enlarged from the default size, how do you make the steps all the same size?
    2. The move up/down option works really well. Is there are corresponding horizontal option? The normal horizontal move doesn't maintain the vertical position.
    Thanks
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

Option 1: Lay out all your stairs on the floor and size them manually to be about the same size before you start placing them.

Option 2: Use the layout editor tool http://www.eq2designers.com/?page_id=7

I personally opt for the layout editor for larger projects that need things to be more precise.
  3. Grouse Active Member

There seems to be some problems with the tool.
    1. Norton utilities think it should not be installed, because of "its reputation".
    2. I installed it anyway on my Win7 game machine and the interface doesn't match in instructions. For example, the search function doesn't seem to work.
    3. The last update appears to have been a few years back.
    I guess I will try your first option.

Do you know of a way to deal with the inability to move things horizontally?
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

To move straight horizontally, once again use the layout editor. It works brilliantly and been used by players for quite a few years now. Not much reason to update it if nothing has changed with the game systems unless the maker decides to add functionality or correct bugs. Jesdyr was working on a new version but has not yet released it due to being busy with other projects as well. ( https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2...tor-1-8-1-x-coming-soon™-build-status.539530/ )

You also don't have to use the in game tool wheel. That's relatively new to the game, prior to that we had to right click to bring up the menu and select 'move'. Mouse scroll + shift to change size. Mouse scroll + control to move up and down. Just mouse scroll to rotate it. Hold alt to do all those things slower for finer adjustments. Unfortunately no pitch and roll with the old move though.
  5. Axterix Active Member

I did it manually the last time I did it.

Oddly enough, that's how many people feel about Norton ;)
    Enoibia, Lodrelhai and Feara like this.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

This made me laugh out loud. I thought that when I read it originally.