Mage gear, lacking mage stats?

Discussion in 'General Mage Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Zarulm, Aug 11, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Zarulm Guest

Where did all the WIS go for gear at the high end? (Mostly talking about shard gear for chanters.) Last time I checked WIS was supposed to be important too for helping keep the resists up, nothing seems to have any of that stat on it.
    Yet there is more than enough INT and STA to cap both of those. I dont see why some of the stamina cant be sacrificed for wisdom. Whats a little more hp going to do for us? Mobs make us go squish anyways. Why is it MC gear has proper stats sta/int/wis but the shard gear doesnt?
    I notice that priest gear has no problem having both intelligence and wisdom. Why not us?
  2. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Each point of Wisdom, last time I checked, was worth about 2.5 points of resist. Not exactly super attractive.
  3. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Yea, more sta/health is king for pretty much all classes. Having more power even hurts you in a raid since all power drains from raid encounters are a direct percentage, you lose more power overall the more you have and it takes much more to refill since power procs/regen are straight numbers and drains are percentages.
  4. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

I love HP and Stam on items because more HP= More Lifeburn damage. Now if only we can get 200hp on that dagger of the ethernaut magus...
  5. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Germs666 wrote:
    Hahaha, yea. Power but no hp on that = so much fail.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Why in the world would anyone want Power and WIS instead of HP and STA? Power won't keep you alive, and the amount of resists you get from WIS are trivial. HP on the other hand will save you.
    Every high end mage should respec their character traits for +STA and +Max HP. They should also adorn their rings and shoulders with +100 HP adornments.
    You might think a little bit of HP doesn't make a difference, but when mobs start AEing for more than your max HP even with 10k+ resists (non-crit even), you'll think differently. Especially those brutal trauma AEs that every mob and his mother like to do on raids these days. Ugh.
  7. ARCHIVED-Harowen Guest

And who hasn't landed in the sub-100 hp range from an aoe before? I know I've been at 2 hp's in a raid before. Johnny-on-the-spot-Dirge even tried to res me. Got to pull out the Monty Python quote, "I'm not dead yet, I think I might pull through!"
  8. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Aule@Guk wrote:
    Hell I've purple gamed a few times myself.
  9. ARCHIVED-AerieHeart Guest

I'd rather have strength than wisdom :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Dasque Guest

I want str, and wis added on. Even if it's only like 20 of each. On each piece it'll add up to something decent. I also wondered wtf happened to the wisdom.
  11. ARCHIVED-thog_zork Guest

mage gear in tso should have int / sta / hp and physical mitigation
  12. ARCHIVED-Master71 Guest

Personnaly i want INT/WIS/STA and a little bit of STR.
  13. ARCHIVED-Isfrael Guest

I think what you're failing to take into account is how much resists you do get from gear in TSO. when you can get most if not all of your resists over 10k, is a bit of wis on each piece really going to help? Instead, as most have stated, if you have a direct HP boost, you might survive that AE(for the most part anyways) long enough for someone to get a heal in or for you to pop an Elixer of Health. If you're deadset on WIS, get a bunch of +wis adorns and see how much it really helps, you'll change to HP/Sta adorns in no time, i promise :)
  14. ARCHIVED-AerieHeart Guest

Well even if wis helped resists significantly (which it does not), you would still get owned by the badass trauma based AOEs in TSO... So yeah the bigger HP pool is the safe bet.