low level Priest (fury) feedback

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kalika, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

My fury is now 22, first let me say that i have zero issue with the group gameplay, it is somewhat simple but since toons are weak spells like root, desagro matter (which is nice) and mana matters too. This has several cool aspects, like making max tier drink or regen totem useful.

I don't have either any survival problem, i saw many time people asking for help for the necro cave in Frostfang Sea but fort me it was easy (i did it when it was white but i could have done it one or may be 2 level earlier.). I had no problems either to kill the pack of 3 on the 2 orcs island and i could kill the mini bosses in the icy underwater cave when they were yellow.

My issue is the time it takes to kill a monster, i try to do my best so i use the " new" Wrath spell that all priest got, i also use heroic opportunities and the short range nuke that was added recently (smite of consistency).

Around 19 i had almost an optimal gear (legendary wand from orc mini boss, +6 main stat items) and all offfensive spells (we only have 2) in expert. Still it took me twice longer (may be more) to kill anything than it took to my conjuror.

At 22 i had upgraded all my armor (because of the huge raise in mitigation) and i had a very nice wand from Fallen Gate and still killing anything took ages.

The problem that we have here is quite usual, and it is the reason why i quitted playing on live:

Priest dps is too low, and of course i know that increasing it may make priest overpowered,

The solution is super simple : A dps stance that cut your heal by 50% but increase your damage by 50%.

We never got it, ad some point we got something a bit similar, a dps buf that would cancel ASAP you used heal. But it was too badly design ot be really usuable.

Note that the situation on Kaladim is quite worst than on regular servers:
    - No aas -> no CA conversion, no increase casting speed on main nukes from AAs.
    -No focus -> Lack of focus is very detrimental to priest, it is bad for my fury but it must be horrible for inquisitor or templar who have long casting speed; on a regular server they get steadfast
    but on kaladim the amout of interrupt or partical interupt is lily to be huge.
    - No ability mod.
    - No casting speed.

After having much fun with my summoner i decided that my main will not be a priest, she will be my number 2. The reason is that any grinding (city time line, getting crafter books etc ..) will be 3 times faster wiht my conjuror.

Here are some hint about how to fix priests,

• Had lot of focus (or at least some) on priest gear.
    • Think about introducing Ability mode early.
    • Think about introducing casting speed early.
    • Let spell damage increase with the level of the player, low level priests have only 2 DD spells and they get upgrade with very large level gaps. As example furie get tempest II at level 11and they have to wait level 25 for tempest III, the problem is that above level 20 tempest II doest very little damage. Note also that this example is not specific to furies, all the priests have exactly the same problem (only the ability name change)
    • Give priests significant XP/loot bonus when they solo (ad only if they solo).
    • .Give priests a DPS stance, such a stance may be usable only if soloing. The stance should be similar to tank stances, it shoud come with o AA

I know that things are likely to get later once i get my third attack *thunderbold" (23) and my fourth one (starnova 32).

Still as it it balanced now i believe that a lot of priest will simply give up somewhere between 1 and 22, even if of course hard core raiders won' t even notice the problem since they will always play in guild-group.

Currently i totally fail to see any fairness, why would my summoner(s) be able to run the city-time line or to farm crafter books 2-3 times faster than my healers ?

Anyway whatever happen i will still play a healer but my focus will be on a toon that solo reasonnably fast.
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

Priest aren’t for solo.
    And fury is the easiest.

What u have to remember with okd system is that u have 14 level gap between each spell update and since priests have very few damage spell, u get low points where your damage spells don’t do enough damage anymore. Only wrath levels with u.

Priest are better if u can group. If u like questing, priest is painful. And conjuror is too strong.

And yeah everybody plays mage while priests and tanks are lacking.

TLE could be made to improve game experience... rebalancing, changing AAs and so on. Sadly they don’t bother with that. Priest become way better with EoF AA.

And they tried the priest stances ... but as said they never made priests able to really dps. Though it helped
    Froglok and Kalika like this.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

That was indeed the point of my post, and you are right furies and warden are probably the best to solo; wardens may indeed be better due to the focus they get from warden of te forest, furies may catch up once they get primal furies. Inquis/templar are probably horrible without steadfast.

I agree too that for some tanks it may even be worst, as example guardians.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

Defiler is horrible. I made one in FG ... i mostly played with a brigand friend coz defiler dps is horrible. I went to lvl 35 to get the familiar tonic and did boots HQ ... but then i gave up.
    Vanilla priests are for group players.
  5. Quest Noremac New Member

Yeah soloing on the new server is quite rough it seems for some classes. But it is an mmo and it seems like a lot of players are looking for groups right now.