Lost Tradeskill Apprentice!

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Ludilly, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Ludilly Member

Last year, I decided to create one house for crafting between my accounts. I spent status getting crafting tables, and having each of my crafters get their tradeskill apprentice and place it in the house.

Now, I can't locate the home I setup. I've can't find it on any list of the original toon or any of the other toons whom I gave permission to visit the house (it was a free Mistmoore home). So either I'm having a severe "senior moment", or maybe something actually happened to the house. I'm obviously not happy about it, but worse is that I can't get a new tradeskill apprentice for my toons to "start over" ... the apprentice provider thinks I still have one in my old home and wants me to get the contract and bring it back. But I can't!

Question: Is there any way to find out what home your tradeskill apprentice was placed in? If I had that info, then maybe nothing is wrong and I could just "find" my crafting house again. Or, is there anyway to "reset" the tradeskill apprentice situation so I can start over? I don't really need to craft much that I did from previous tiers.

Appreciate any advice on how to get past this situation.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

So if you go to the prestige housing portal object in Freeport or Qeynos, can you find your home that way? Check your /claim too on the character who owns the home and make sure it's still already claimed. Did you out portals to it from your other homes? Check your moving crates for a portal. Otherwise it may be time to contact soe.
  3. Ludilly Member

Yep, done all that. All my other toons who used to have access to the house now just have access to the non-prestige home of that toon. And I can reclaim the Mistmoore home, but it just is an empty shell. I will contact SOE.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

also another thing is to go to a portal - in guild or prestige - and type in the name of the toon whose house you are trying to find. I often find that i have too many houses listed that i have access to so i can't find the one i want without the name. of course, if you forgot who owns the house and whether it is in qeynos or freeport, that can become a problem.

another thing i do when i am setting up a house is to save the layout under a unique name. then when i need to check what items are in the house, i open up the eq2layout editor and export the manifest to a file. i open that file with notepad and use the find options.

edit: also, if you have the files already exported to manifests, you can then do a search on your computer for contents. just open search files, type in apprentice, and tell it to look in the body of the file not just the name.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

because pictures show more than words can tell, i decided to post these two pics to help:

[IMG]

[IMG]