Lore Seekers Guild Forming

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Polonium, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polonium New Member

I met a random player in Fallen Gate and we grouped together. As we were talking about what we would like to accomplish in game and what we would like to find in a guild, we realized that we had similar feelings. We decided to start a guild and look for a few other like minded people to join us.

We want to start a guild from scratch with new characters. Everyone in the guild must start with a new character. Nobody may have any existing characters on the server. We want to ensure that everything we do as a guild is earned as a guild. We do not want any access to twinking, free equipment or plat on the server.

We will be doing every heritage quest at level, level locking to ensure that we play through them as intended, trying to appreciate some of the lore behind them. We will take time in zones and instances to appreciate the effort the artists put into the design.

We are working through a few of the ground rules at the moment, but we have agreed to not using Station Cash beyond appearance gear. No potions or storage may be purchased with SC. There will not be guild hierarchy other than a guild leader who will act as a coordinator. We will not be busy all the time, based on the nature of what we are planning, so it will be helpful if you have things to keep you occupied on other servers.

We will not be role playing, but it is important that you play the class that most closely fits your personality. There will be no alts on the server. We will quest together but will craft and harvest independently. There will be no gratzing every time someone blows his/her nose. (Odd rule, but hey, we're tired of macro gratzing.)

We have a dirge, illusionist, warden, and monk, so we could use some damage dealing classes. Melee dps would probably work better, but it’s all about what matches your personality. If you are interested in starting over, please consider joining us. If you are new to the game, that would be great too. It looks like Crushbone will be our home server. We can change this if you are interested and happened to have characters there already.

We will not be starting this guild and making characters until the next week or two. If you can commit to this way of playing, let me know you would like to get in on the ground floor.
  2. Illidian New Member

I am coming back to gaming from a long break, and was an avid Everquest fan. This seems like a good fit for me. I played a cleric in EQ and also a bard. Not sure what the bards skill set is in EQ2, but I remember them being pretty over all rounded, if that would be a good fit? I never got a pure DPS class to a high level, dabbled with beast lord, but would be willing to try. I always remember the gaming being what it was because of the comraderie and interaction with my guild who grew to be my friends, not so much the individual aspects of the game. So please, allow me to be amongst your ranks!!!
  3. Polonium New Member

The beast lord would make a good fit for the group that we have, but if you would rather roll something cleric, that's cool too. We are currently waiting on the illusionist to get his account up and running, so it will be another week or so. I'll post here when we are ready to go. If not, you can find me as Amateur on Oasis. We are not creating our characters until he's ready to go.
  4. Illidian New Member

I was dabbling with some classes, melee dps to be exact. The bruiser seems pretty fun, not the burst dmg I was looking for though. I'd be down with rolling a DPS melee though, IDK about the beast lord, i'd have to buy the expansion to roll him, guess it depends on how big this upcoming check is lol (not kidding =p) but I'll contact you on Oasis. Cheers
  5. Anprax New Member

I am a returning player looking for a fresh start. Love the idea of doing HQ's at level since most people now-a-days only power through them or solo them later on. I contacted you on Oasis :)
  6. Radilar New Member

This is VERY appealig to me, I've tried a few of the "content progression guilds" over the years and they seem to falter quickly. Would we be level locked to explore ALL content, or just base it on HQ's and Raids. The part I hated most about the others is that it became raid based so it was q quick race to 50. I wanna exlore every area again. Im interested in playing a Lock or Swash as i like AOE
  7. Polonium New Member

We are not interested in raiding, other than eventually doing raids that we can one group. We have characters on other servers that we play to burn through content, twink, and just plat farm.

Some old raids are part of quest lines that I would like to explore eventually. This is an exploration guild. One reason that I wanted to do this, was to bring back an appreciation of all the art work that was put into the original game. To level lock and explore and to try to be completely self sufficient. Truth be told, I'd rather not even buy from the broker. Once we have everyone who is interested together, we can discuss the ground rules more completely. I'll continue to let you know how we are doing in terms of a launch date. I am guessing another week will do it.

There are six people ready to play right now. Because of scheduling and time zones, we would be fine to add to our ranks even more. If you're reading this and are willing to leave the luxury of a bank of plat behind, and earn your own keep again, give me a shout. Hear me clearly. This will not be my guild. It is going to be our guild. Everyone will have equal status and access. There will be no secret officer chat channel where people who are better than you can discuss your shortcomings. If it is a recipe for self destruction, so be it. It's the way we should try to play it and prove that it can be done if enough good people come together with a like vision.
  8. Radilar New Member

It does sound a bit like you might want a core group with some extras to fill during off times. Your not looking for a bigger guild? where maybe multiple groups can form and do diff things within the level lock range?
    I really like the idea and may give it a shot, at least to the point were we discuss the fine points, then decide if its for me. I make a toon on your server.
  9. Polonium New Member

Just an update to those who have responded with interest and to those who may read this later with interest, please visit our not ready for primetime website to post questions or to express your interest.
  10. Polonium New Member

Just another update for another shameless plug for the Lore Seekers guild. See all of the descriptions and whatnot in the former posts. Visit our website (linked above) if you would like to be a part of the launch, which hopefully will happen within the next few days if a few things can fall into place. The basic philosophy is that we will be a self-reliant guild who will level lock for quests rather than for raids. We simply ask that you come to the server with no money or other forms of help available on the Crushbone server. I apologize to those who have expressed interest, but we have a player who is having computer issues and we're trying to wait for him to get online. I anticipate that the first lock will be at level 12, but we have not discussed this yet.
  11. Radilar New Member

Im still on for it, and if needed, I have multiple accounts so I can make another toon STRICTLY to make the 6 to form the guild.
    And level 12 is perfect, since thats were we can start wearing MC gear and it will make Wailing Caves, BB and the sewars a challenge and a ton of fun.

Any objection to me getting craft only toons started to outfit the guild?
  12. Radilar New Member

Actually, scrap the idea of me getting a head start on the crafters....we dont wanna be wearing MC to start...we should equip what we loot....
  13. Polonium New Member

If you have been interested but were waiting to see if we ever got off the ground, today is the day. We have about ten people who have expressed interest in this apparently highly unpopular idea. That's not a problem, it makes sense. If you have worked hard to be able to relax and twink your characters or if you are a raider at heart, then keep on keeping on.

On the other hand, if you want to experience the game in a complete and challenging way, without being tied to raiding schedules or pinning your ears back and speeding for the holy grail known as end game, then consider joining us on Crushbone. Our guild will focus on being self reliant. We have no ties to this server and have no way to give our characters plat with which to wreck the game. We will not use the broker to help us out, other than to sell the spoils of our pillaging.

Remember the sewers under the cities? Yeah, we're doing the quests in those. Level 20 class armor quests? You bet. Fairy LnL? Yes, we'll do that too. Access quests that you don't even have to do anymore? Yes. The peacock quest line? Another yes.

Quit kidding yourself. The game doesn't start at 95, it ends there. Come enjoy the game again for the first time if you have the discipline to count on others in your guild for gear, spells, and collection items instead of strangers on the broker. One for all and all for one is our motto. Helpless beggars need not apply. New players or returning players are welcome, as long as you have no characters on Crushbone yet. We will give you guidance and patience. All we ask is that if we're holding you up on the bike, you need to pedal.

Web site
  14. Jadon New Member

I've been interested in coming back to the game for a while and this guild sounds right up my alley. Will you take free to play players?
  15. Polonium New Member

I don't know how F2P impacts the gaming experience. If it doesn't prevent us from staying on our core philosophy, I would encourage you to join us.
  16. Zarriya New Member

Hello,
    I really like the philosophy of your guild. I am strongly considering joining (if you would have me) because I have been looking for something like this for a while. I have no characters on Crushbone. Could someone please contact me - I would like to figure out what class to create and would like to see what is needed. I tank, heal and dps in all mmos, so I am not locked by role. Thank you for the effort you are putting forth to create this group!
    -Zarriya

edit: i stalked Silerya in game and posted an app your your website :)
  17. Polonium New Member

The Lore Seekers has now been alive for two days and we have seen steady interest. I wanted to post again to let everyone know that there is always room for more people who are of a like mind. If you are impatient, please look somewhere else. Our goal is to spend as much time at each level as it takes to completely exhaust the content. We know the real game is in playing it, not beating it.

Please read through this thread and decide if you want to enjoy this game as completely as possible or as quickly as possible. If you only play a few days a week because of real life, this might be your answer. Do you love playing but your kids see more of the back of your head than they do the front? Slow down, love the kids up some and join us when you can. Need to afk a lot to take care of life? We'll press on and welcome you back at keyboard when you return.

Raiding and hardcore grouping used to be my life. My family had to schedule time in before the guild leaders did or I would have something to do in game. Raiding and high stakes grouping requires a lot of time and attention to detail. That's why I quit the game completely. I chose life.

Enter the solution. The Lore Seekers is a guild that works well for the EQ2 fanatic that wants to be a hard core lifer and an immersed gamer. Our groups don't have to be perfect, you don't have to be an "I've played since beta" player, and you don't have to fill a niche if you don't want to. I'm playing without using the broker to buy anything, so I have a bunch of 4 slot bags until I can loot something bigger, make something bigger, or have a guild mate make something bigger. If I want to be in the lap of luxury with 44 slot bags, I have another character on another server to scratch that itch.

We're still all locked at level 12 and the guild is still level 1. You are welcome to join us as long as you bring nothing but your kind personality, patience in the slow pace, and the level 1 gear on your back. Check us out on our web site.
  18. Mirrkala New Member

This is an incredible idea! I have been thinking of coming back to EQ2 for awhile now and would love to join in on this. Sadly, due to server merges way back I have toons on Crushbone. :(
  19. Polonium New Member

Nooooo! I thought I found a server that would give us the best chance to not have a conflict like this. You just had to be honest about it to! I suppose you understand why. It's not that I don't trust people to not "help" out their alts via the heirloom or shared bank, I wanted to create a feeling of a completely empty slate with not even the option of helping out. Do what you'd like, we're not doing background checks, but only if you trust yourself.;)
  20. Mirrkala New Member

I know I would be too tempted to help my new toon out. I only have one toon on Crushbone of any importance. I just might delete them all and start fresh. It has been so long since I have played there is no real attachment to them. I am actually downloading the game right now and it might be done in time for me to log in this evening. :)

I do have one question. Is everyone doing a neutral/good alignment character? I checked the website and did not see anything about that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.