Lord Vyemm and Alzid Prime ...

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-le Rêveur, May 8, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Theivan01 Guest

we killed alzid before vyemm last night np. although it was a 20 minute fight due to his healing (30+ times), but both of our 24 man raid groups still managed to down him /shrug.

Rasix
    Defiant
  2. ARCHIVED-Theivan01 Guest

Oh and as far as 12 mill dmg goes....one of our raids totaled 8.4 mill, other raid was at 9.8 mill when he finally dropped /shrug.
  3. ARCHIVED-le Rêveur Guest

sorry i dont believe any word you just said. It simple it heals ALL the time at 13 pct square and simple.
    4 decapitate, 3 fusion and more in the head while at 14 pct wont drop it more than 13 pct he still heals to 33 pct.
    And this is with 10k+ dps raid. We also actually petitioned this. And the GM answered this is working as intented there are mobs to kill before this guy if ya want to down it. Note, there was only vyemm and alzid left up in the zone. /shrug.
    Message Edited by le Rêveur on 05-08-2006 12:52 PM
    Message Edited by le Rêveur on 05-08-2006 12:54 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Aandien Guest

So ... kill Vyemm first maybe?
    If your splitting, and are successful at it --- just split vyemm instead of prime using the same tactics. If your tanking both and living long enough to see Prime heal a bunch of times -- well, just kill Vyemm first since your clearly living long enough while tanking both...
    Not sure exactly what the problem is here.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gertack_v2 Guest

I wasn't there last night, but I have been before, and usually we throw every interrupt we have at it (especially Cacophony of Blades) when he tries to heal.
  6. ARCHIVED-Theivan01 Guest

Cacophy didnt work for us last night, thinking it was possibly changed.

as to the dude with the french sounding username...

I dont know what to tell you. You dont have to believe anyone really, and its not my job to convince you, but we killed alzid with two full raids, in two seperate instances last night. sure he healed for quite a while, maybe 20-30 times, but eventually he stopped, and died.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tanith_ Guest

Tried killing Vyemm first? o_O
  8. ARCHIVED-Caetrel Guest

LOL anyone who gets Prime to heal multiple times is splitting the encounter. The two burn down about as fast, it would make no sense to gp after Prime first when you know he is going to heal. If you are splitting them and getting Prime first, kudos, I think.
  9. ARCHIVED-Caetrel Guest

Forgot to say, give the OP a break. Whether you are uber leet and can kill them both the same way no matter how they change it or whatever you are trying to flaunt, it is still crap that the encounter gets changed almost weekly, and of course with no patch notes. It's bad policy.

I cannot understand the need for people to respond to complaining with their own complaints about complaining.
  10. ARCHIVED-crackwood Guest

I wonder how many guilds now is splitting them compare to the ones that fight both Prime and Vyemm at the same time?
  11. ARCHIVED-Zarfto Guest

We did the split tanking, But as soon as Vyemm hate wipes he would fly across the zone and try and kill the tank who was handling prime. Kinda stupid.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kazora Guest

inc spoiler.

in honor of farstad i've translated it to the nearest language to swedish i could find a translator for'

Wij doodden hen samen, alzid matrijzen zeer snel. Als vyemm emotes, zal de hardnekkigheid van bleekgele alzid op alzid verschijnen. Dit is wat heelt teweegbrengt. Verjaag het het nam enkelen verjagen magics voor ons ik geloven en toen daalde hij als een rots. Er kan in feite een insect met zijn verjaagt nu u toesta om dingen te verjagen die eerder niet waren (niet zeker als dit een moeilijke situatie of een nieuw insect is)
    Message Edited by rozakk on 05-08-2006 04:39 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Snarks Guest

This happens immediately when you tank both. Basically, Alzid bleekgeel on him that has the maintenance him invincible to vyemm matrices (you can this see bleekgeel on him VAT), but after vyemm sometimes its bleekgele stay omhoog dies. Its manners around this (nice it are) but you can always wait to alzid power runs (takes over an hour) and he will stop healing. Goodluck!
    Message Edited by snarkteeth on 05-08-2006 04:42 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-MexStrat Guest

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

- Def Leppard

thanks for the insight....woot
    Message Edited by MexStrat on 05-08-2006 04:38 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Yunga_511 Guest

Ok they are Splittable, What you do is Take Lord Vyemm out for a Drink at a Irish pub, Get him Completely Drunk, Take him home and try pulling Alzid.
    Vyemm will be too Drunk to Say or do anything but sleep like a Brick.
  16. ARCHIVED-Tasnus Guest

Mem blur is your friend...

And yes, changes every week gets rather annoying, although the encounter is never dull finding new ways to die each time~
  17. ARCHIVED-Beragon Guest

I'm not used to whine, really, i'd even say i hate peoples who spend most time whining on these forums rather than playing the game. But too much is too much. SOE policy in terms of changes made to game / item is so much crap compared to how verant did handle EQ1. And now i learn SOE bought Vanguard.... no surprise but rather OHHH CRAP.
    SoE is only there for support and selling, not for the game itself.. read first pls

Remember back EQ1 : did verant nerf items already dropped ? NO
    Yes, tons of gear was changed, but it never effected the droppt items, because they been static, not as in EQ2 on a seperated Server...

Did verant changed non bugged encounters like 3 times a week ? NO
    Yes, i remember tons of bugged of exploid encounter that got changed in EQ1 alot

Items nerfs did occured YES but NEVER retroactive with is a HUGE difference.
    They done, alot items been great, if i remember the VT Cloak for Shk only, boah the AC.. roxxort and then they stop letting it drop after 2 month..

Encounters in EQ1 were ALWAYS DOABLE UNLIKE IN EQ2.
    Not true, first VT wasnt beatable like AHR, because of Wall bug, Coirnav because of timer, and alot more, Time T1 with instance, alot mobs get fixed but you only will see it in the highest guilds. EQ2 is far too easy for Raidmobs..

Info: Why try so many different tactic, i have the best, KILL BOTH, pull both, pull Alzid out of the AoE from Vyemm ... offtank him ( 1 good tank , 2 heiler ) and kill Vyemm. If you cant really kill him this way, you wont get anyway far into DT, with invis stalker, AoE bombs, mobs out of the floor, special nameds. High DPS killers, Archers .. and alot more..

Adro
  18. ARCHIVED-Dae Draug Guest

Wij doodden hen samen, alzid matrijzen zeer snel. Als vyemm emotes, zal de hardnekkigheid van bleekgele alzid op alzid verschijnen. Dit is wat heelt teweegbrengt. Verjaag het het nam enkelen verjagen magics voor ons ik geloven en toen daalde hij als een rots. Er kan in feite een insect met zijn verjaagt nu u toesta om dingen te verjagen die eerder niet waren (niet zeker als dit een moeilijke situatie of een nieuw insect is)

Its dutch and trust me my kid of 3 could write better then that if she was able to write that is.

Translated from crappy dutch into this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We killed them together; Alzid heals very fast. When Vyemm emotes the stubbornness of pale Alzid appears on Alzid. This is what makes Alzid heal. Get rid of it, it took a few magic cures for us I believe, after that we got him going down like a rock. In fact it could be a bug as you can get rid of things wich you couldn't get rid of, now it allows you to get rid of things wich wearen’t there before. (Not sure weither it’s a difficult situation or a new bug)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  19. ARCHIVED-Kazora Guest

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] u just owned babelfish :smileysad: atleast they try
  20. ARCHIVED-Shakir1065 Guest

Yes, but are we allowed to have our way with Vyem when he passes out? I'm thinking the whipped cream in his hand deal, Wakes up with it all over his scaley face :)
    What were you guys thinking!?? Perverts!