Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But, but, but...you're TTobey! TTobey the Magnificent! :(

Ah, you're right; someone here should know how. ;)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! :D

Found it on Fanbyte/Zam and Googling it also sent me to General Gameplay Discussion from 2013. I was right about it being 10 years ago...

At any rate, it's /loadUI in the chat line, then a li'l (red, before now) window pops up, with a choice of Default Old Dried Once Spurting Red Blood >:-> or Default (Blue), like they're (embarrassed) about (the choice) or something. :-/

The excellent news is, once I changed it for one toon, it seems to have changed it for all of them, so I don't have to do that like 140+ times. X-P

Uwk
    Geroblue, Laaw, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  3. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I was back east on vacay. So I hope you are looking and feeling good.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

And i hope the folks out in Texas over through California are doing okay.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

My Pillow
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We're digging out/cleaning up/etc. in California; so far as I know, we had no deaths! :D

Not even of the silly people doing silly things ("Let's take a selfie with the L.A. River in full spate! It could flash flood at any second! Yay! Lookee, lookee, my feet are right on the brink! :D")... X-P

Uwk
    Twyla and Geroblue like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

44 straight days of >100°F temperatures. I'm melting!
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oy... You're in the Southwest (dear gods, I really, really hope you're not in Scandinavia...)? :-/

My sympathies... :(

Uwk
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Texas, god help me.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG, definitely. :(

Hugs! :(

Uwk
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw over 100F temperatures in the last week of June there. When I was a kid, long ago and far away, those temps didn't show up until Auugust.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We've had 53 days this year with temps over 100°F/38°C. We broke the previous record of highest number of consecutive days of >100° temps as well this year, at 30 days straight since July 29.

[IMG]
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

My sister and BIL are in Ft. Worth/Dallas area. They are currently travelling in Canada to beat the heat. You have my sympathies.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Scientists have been trying to warn people about the perils of the Industrial Revolution for the last TWO HUNDRED YEARS or so (seriously, like since around 1824), but they all thought no one would have to worry about it much for several (more than two?) centuries. :-/

I know it probably wasn't a really popular episode (which could've been fixed by like one or two lines; more below), but "Orphan 55" of Doctor Who seemed like one of those 1800s predictions... "Oh, no worries; this is several thousand years in the future! :D"

The way they could've fixed it, from this biologist's perspective:

"But Doctor, don't plants use oxygen at night, once they get done making it during the day? Why would pure oxygen bother them?"

"Ordinarily it wouldn't, but more than just excess CO2 is in the air. These lads are cleaning up all sorts of pollutants, and probably haven't seen pure oxygen for awhile now. Still, best not to get near them; they're in a right strop currently."

Uwk
    Aethos and Geroblue like this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

change of theme,
    Another triumph of doggy animation was achieved, with the cute German Shepperd dog we got this morning.
    Thank you very much.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! With the Labor Day stuff? Yeah, it's perfect timing; I've got some Marketplace shopping to do...viva la 20% Off Sale! :D

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Thanks!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  19. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

[IMG]
    Speaking of the german shepperd, was that dog always in the game or is it something completely new? Whoever designed it made the little guy really well! The texture work looks realistic and the way he moves is nice too. I feel like some of the old pets and mobs look a bit like a little plastic models, but this guy doesn't. I like it! From this day on he shall be known as... wuffy. I had a dog just like him as a child, and we had to give him away when we moved, but I still remember you little guy. He survived hurrican Andrew with us back then.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  20. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move