Kromzeck Keep, Skyfire, decoration request

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geroblue, Sep 20, 2023.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

If anyone would like to decorate Etaiharn's Kromzeck Keep on Skyfire, please let me know. It is currently empty except for some hidden portals. Visitor is enabled if you want to look it over.

Thanks !
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Tempting; maybe if/when I get done with my PCC23 challenge! :)

But apparently I'm gonna have to change my signature; we can't Gift other folks Character Slots... :(

Uwk
    Forestchild likes this.
  3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Oh ok . . I can pop over and take a look . . (I am on Skyfire. . . just mean Pop Over from deocing my Dhalgar . . . )
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thank you. If you have never been in a Kromzeck, no flying and the entrance ice/stone walkway is narrow. I haven't had a character fall off yet, but beware. Tall ceilings, no way up there unless stairs or ramps are built. I can see ground off to one side from the back balcony, but I don't see a way down.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

On my browser, it is kinda hard to read the character's name. The r and n together look like an m. So here it is with blanks between each character

E t a i h a r n.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Dratted Sans Serif font. X-P

Even if someone falls off inadvertently, one thing you could do is have like a "safety net" Vampiric Mirror, laid flat (not easy; they don't like that much, being Wall items) and expanded so the frame doesn't show (or can be camouflaged, if I remember that house right), and underneath, waaay at the bottom of that steep ravine, have a couple of large "letters" spelling out M E, with some kind of clear-ish ramps leading up and out of the trap...but steep, so falling in might still be a risk, but safer; that way, if you have a group visiting, you can have "come together, right now...over me." X-D

(with apologies to the Beatles, whose Abbey Road I'd been listening to to-last-night)

Uwk
    who's also thinking: maybe have a visitor be confronted with a bathroom right off when they come in, then the only way further on is through the window...? :D

For further ideas, there was that Power Puff Girls episode, "Meet the Beat-alls" (starts about 10:00 in on a "full episode" which actually has two; it's the second one...and all the references start at about 13:45 [I think The Silver Beatles were an initial name they were kicking around], with fair warning that "Moko Jono" starts shrieking around about 17:51 or :52 [and yes, she actually does stop on occasion, so don't be put off from checking it out ;->]) ;->
    Geroblue likes this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, I hadn't thought of putting anything down there.

I think there was a discussion in here somewhere years ago about getting to the land you can see from the Kromzeck balcony in the back. I would prefer trying with a character that was all access so I could fast travel if stuck.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or worst comes to worst, if you get stuck in the House version, you can just leave the House, provided of course that you survived the fall... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I have the City of Mist fences lining my walkway . . .
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Are those recipes from where ? Or an item from a festival/quest ?

Thanks !
  11. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

claimable building block recipes if you bought the expansion they were in
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think they have them available on the Marketplace... ;->

Uwk
    wondering if THOSE, at least, are giftable... :-/
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'll check when I can.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm just grumpy because Character Slots aren't giftable any more, and I thought they were. Then I went to try to Edit my signature, only to find that I can't; I'd have to re-do it entirely. X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I also have a tech question, Gero: what's your current OS? If it's still Win 7, how the heck are you able to run a 40" monitor with the mega-refresh rate? My poor old bugger is dying trying to keep up, to the point where I'll probably just run EQ2 on my Win 10 laptop from now on (and it seems like something's getting clogged up in an esoteric pipeline somewhere; it's getting worse and worse). :(

Uwk
    who doesn't recall the refresh rate on my desktop monitor, but it's the same as yours at 21.5"
    Geroblue likes this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have Win 10. I could have upgraded to Win 11; however, there was a WIN 11 forum ( I've been going to each new website as the newer OS version came out ) and many people there reported problems so I didn't upgrade. Maybe fixed for now, but one of my printers wasn't available then.

Here is a Win 7 forum you might find useful:

https://www.sevenforums.com/

And one for Win 10

https://www.tenforums.com/
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll check 'em out! :)

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

You're welcome.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My apologies, I forgot to mention that Etaiharn is currently f2p. I cannot use that character to reply to email.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Argh... X-P

Y'know, of all the perks we DON'T get in f2p, I think that's the one that bugs me the most, even beyond not being able to use the Broker. You can at least get buyable Tokens for that... :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.