Jumpy mouse issues..

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by KnightSkkaar, Apr 29, 2015.

1. KnightSkkaar Member

Ok, so, I recently bought this PC: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102062

In the link. I have been using the mouse that came with it and an older mouse I already had and both have the same issue, and its only in Everquest 2 so far that I can see.,

Issue is, when im holding my button to pan, clicking mobs, dragging money, bags, w/e instance that requires my mouse, the mouse cursor will randomly teleport to a random part of the screen and/or pan my entire view off in some odd direction.

My acct is over 3200 days old(2 almost 3 years played) and in all that time before this new PC, which is a week old, I have not had this issue, several mice over the time and never seen it. I played this game on my dad's PC and no issue. But this one....idk if its the USB ports or just hte mice ive got a crap.....

I tried a different USB port and both the mouse that came with this PC(In that link at the top) and some old generic walmart special......

Wondering is it an ingame setting I dont know about or what is causing it? Its very annoying.
  2. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I had the same issues when my computer updated to windows 8.1

I had to go in and flag eq2 to run in windows 7 mode to fix it
  3. azcn2503 Active Member

I have had this exact same issue since Sentinel's Fate. Since then, I have migrated from Windows XP, to Vista, to 7, to 8, and finally to 8.1. I have used more than three different computers. I have used more than three different mice - one Razer, two Logitech, one Microsoft. The problem persists. EQ2 is the only game that makes the mouse spin out like this. The problem even happens when using a touchpad on a laptop. I only hope that some day they fix it. It is the most annoying thing about this game, for me. It should be noted that both of my friends who play this game are experiencing the same problem.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

Various people have reported a problem over the years. I've only had it very rarely when I've been tabbing between windows & the game but clicking on the game window fixes it immediately for me (Win 7 ) For me it's really a non-issue so haven't delved into a fix.

Here are some threads that might have some thing that helps you in it though.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/mouse-click-spin-outs-with-windows-8-1.541186/
    http://archive.eq2wire.com/showthread.php?t=516076

There are at least some TSR responses in them. If you search for EQ2 mouse spin you'll probably find more.

***re reading after having some caffeine it seems you are having a different issue. However you still might find some help in older threads. I don't think I've seen exactly what you describe.
  5. Kalderon 2 Member

Sometimes my mouse did jump, when a minor spot (of i dont know what my daugther might have consume) is on the mousepad.
  6. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I've been noticing this for a while now since AoM, and another thing the cursor does is click on objects when I haven't clicked, just by passing over the area. It's not all the time but it is something I had never experienced before using the same stuff I've been using for a long time.
  7. Shiba Active Member

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and I've had the problem ever since I bought this PC a few years ago. The only difference is that it also happens in the version of Solitaire that I play, and I think one other program. It's a Microsoft mouse for whatever that's worth.
  8. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

My mouse is a Razar.
  9. KnightSkkaar Member

Amusing, ty for the responses. Ill have to look into this one. Cuz yeah, its almost making me feel a bit paranoid wondering when my mouse will go stupid. And in the heat of a massive battle of entire floors of dungeons, mice bouncing around is an issue haha.
  10. Sunje Active Member

Its known since years, i dont know whats the actual stand is.