Job Board

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-MoonSinger, Feb 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    What I've described is absolutely fair. To everyone.
    This *also* creates the possibility for a new Guild Hall amenity - the Crafting Broker.
  2. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Banditman wrote:
    It hardly seems fair or even worth the effort. The second bullet point is the part I like the least and feels like 1 step forward and 2 steps backward. I can already make a random item and hope it sells on the broker. Why am I going to make an order of items only to have someone else beat me to it?
    Why do we need yet another amenity?
    What's wrong with simply making it easier to find the crafter or crafting job you're looking for?
  3. ARCHIVED-ashnolo Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    I think we've addressed alot of these issues in this thread.
    Make it a rush order, only one crafter can have it at a time, and for a short duration, if they have to "run off" the order fails, going back to the board for another crafter. If mats aren't supplied, crafter pays for mats. Buyer pays when placing order and can withdraw the order at any time its not assigned to a crafter.
  4. ARCHIVED-Canelin Guest

Why restrict to TS items?
    EQ1 has a buyer mode where players select what items they want to purchase and for how much. Sellers just view the board and sell any items they have in their inventory there and then.
  5. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Canelin wrote:
    Most of the buyers in EQ1 weren't looking for armor or collection items, they were focused on gathering tradeskill components. It would all be stuff you would have collected while adventuring. You never looked on /buyer then tried to go fill an order for someone.
    Unless there was a change in the last couple of years, that mode also involves parking your character in a zone. It would be nice if housing could be used for this, but there's still that problem of making the items before someone else. You also have the problem of getting to some houses to fill orders. You're still not solving the problem of commission items.
  6. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Banditman wrote:
    If you're going to put a time cap on the order, then there has to be some kind of amount cap as well. Would *you* like to craft 40k arrows in 48 hours? I know I wouldn't.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

I like the idea of the player submitting the fee cost to craft the item -- logically the higher the fee, the quicker it would get crafted. That's very clever.
    I also think that when the player posts the request on the board they have to deposit everything, mats, rares, reactants, etc .. PLUS the tip they're willing to pay to have it crafted -- at the TIME they make the post, the fee is withdrawn from their bags and put up on the board with the posting and the other materials. If the item doesn't get crafted in a timely manner, the player can simply cancel the request and the money is either given back to him directly or via email.
    I also think this kind of board would open the eyes of those who don't craft to understanding exactly how much something costs, outside of time to level up a crafter. There's a lot of players who will ask for something to be made and not count the cost of the rare or the fuel -- and this might lead to a greater understanding of how the system works.
    *taps window* ... Yooo hooo Devs? I think you'd make a ton of folks happy if you could make this come to fruition.
  8. ARCHIVED-Canelin Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    I for one certainly set my self up as a buyer for things other than TS components.
    I also looked at what /buyers were after and would look to getting those things if it would turn a profit for me.
    Parking a char in EQ1 to do this is totally irrellevant as EQ2 has an offline sale model.
    The idea here is moving away from the "I want someone to make this and fufill this order" to "I want this - here's what I will pay" and leave it up to the potential supplier to accept the terms or not. There's no placing orders or wot-not.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

I'd like to add that if this does get incorporated, please oh please, let a crafter be able to pick up orders -- whether it's another tab on the broker panel or a separate board itself -- within their houses and/or guild halls. Having to zone in and out per order would get a bit annoying after a while.
  10. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Canelin wrote:
    Isn't that the whole point of this job board idea and why it's even being referred to as such? In EQ2, it's not always as simple as "I want this - here's what I'll pay." The crafter doesn't always have all the ingredients necessary. (See: Reactant armor and Ry'Gorr / Thurgadin armor.)
  11. ARCHIVED-MoonSinger Guest

Yep. Please keep in mind, what this suggestion is intended to be, is basically an extension of the existing crafter commission system that just happens to not require both crafter and commissioner to be online at the same time. Having the commission acceptance/fullfillment function in a fashion similar to rush order work orders was suggested as a way to prevent having multiple people attempt the same job posting at the same time, and to avoid having one job posting monopolized indefinitely by a crafter who isn't actually filling the order. A broker-type interface to browse listed job orders to pick one to fill was suggested... as well as providing an interface for the poster to cancel their orders to reclaim the materials & fees held in escrow if the job is not filled in a timely fashion, or they reconsider their listing for other reasons.

I'm not sure how feasible it would be to implement this in-game, but I think it's undeniable that it would be found to be a useful feature both by crafters and those who seek their services.