It’s time for a (forums) change.

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    We are upgrading our forums!

It is time for us to upgrade our forums to the latest iteration. There is so much history and knowledge in these forums that we do not want it to be lost.

Therefore, these forums will become Read-Only for the foreseeable future. You will still be able to search content, read all the public threads, and copy/paste anything important to you from these forums over to the new ones. The only thing you will need to do is to venture over, login and start posting!

Upgrading was a necessity, as these forums are antiquated and no longer supported for updates. The forum we are moving to is new and shiny and will be supported for all security updates and fancy new things coming up. We will have more options, which will allow us to do things these forums restrict, such as adding a Dislike button, allowing staff to create polls, and adding in the class skill forums we discussed last year!

This will carry over from these forums to the new one:
    • Your forum username
    • Your forum account creation date
    • Your forum last active date
    The date for the forum changeover will be tomorrow, March 26, 2024 at 8:00 a.m. PDT and will take approximately 4 hours to complete. We will provide a link to the forums new home soon.

We hope you are as excited as we are for the change!

Join us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.
    Thoreandan, Twyla, Jinksie and 3 others like this.
  2. Raeven Well-Known Member

I hope the new forums will be more user friendly in posting screenshots.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Adding a dislike button? You are ABSOLUTELY going to regret that decision before 24 hours have even passed.
    Laaw, Raeven, Buggabug and 3 others like this.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

You are disliking before dislike is added. I think you broke the Matrix.
    Geroblue, Twyla, Jinksie and 4 others like this.
  5. Lucutious Active Member

I dislike the dislike of the dislike, sir.
    Geroblue, Raeven, Twyla and 4 others like this.
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

You know when Neo wakes up from the pod in the Matrix and is covered with goo? That will be you tomorrow.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

And you will say to yourself, (still covered in goo), "Wow it's all ok."
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

Please don't start throwing things yet... LOL But does this mean that there will be more DBG and DarkPaw interactions on the board with players? Like how it is now, when certain things are brought up and pages and pages of people ask for a response, and there is just <crickets>... just asking...
  9. MikeBob2023 Active Member

Thanks for the notice?
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Only if they will now act as an image-hosting website that allows us to upload directly to them. I.e., I doubt it. :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue and Dalphy Sweetleaf like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Um, YEAH?! :confused:

What about our PMs (24 pages worth and counting!) as well? :-/

Uwk
    who has many, many, many posts, in all sorts of threads, and hopes ALL THIS will become Archived and still accessible in perpetuity, like the last version was (the one we broke with all the ProSieben stuff; I wonder if it's all the DirectX protests that broke it this time)...

Oh, and not to be facetious, honest, but what will we need, requirements-wise, to access the "latest/greatest! :D" this time?
    Geroblue and Dalphy Sweetleaf like this.
  12. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Woot! Didn't even realize this was happening until now, lol. Curious to see how our new home looks and feels. I'm happy that we even have forums in todays day and age. I was trying to find the old Playstation forums the other day, only to realize they were disabled many years ago in favor of Facebook, Twitter, Discord and other social media hubs. I have Discord, which I use on occasion, but other than that we don't use FB nor Twitter around here. So for what it's worth, glad to see our forums shall survive and continue to be an option for us "oldschool" folks out there. Forums are really good for all types of content and navigating through a good managed forum is so much better than using Discord and the likes.

Also pleased to read that we won't lose anything on the old forums and that our content will be archived and preserved. I'm all in favor of preservation, same goes for games too btw (retro gamer here).

Curious to see if the new forums will have more avatar pictures and if it'll allow us to upload our own pictures to use as an avatar profile pic too.

Good luck, hope the transition goes well!
  13. Sunbrina New Member

Thank you for carrying over our login info. For the technology challenged like myself, that is truly a welcomed blessing and is much appreciated! (I do have the echo the giggles from MikeBob2023's comment about gratitude for the "notice" ha ha ha....sarcastic, but still funny - made me chuckle) I luv all ya'll at DayBreak though, I think you're awesome, truly! Keep up the great work, and thank you for all that you do. XoXo.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Kattt Well-Known Member

Can you also add to: Like, Dislike, Reply .....an LOL button? That's what yours made me want to click.

But to also add....did you happen to see a black cat? Twice?
    Then you will know.
    Geroblue likes this.
  15. MikeBob2023 Active Member

I don't think they'll regret it.

(Although I think can see where you might.)

:rolleyes:
    Dalphy Sweetleaf likes this.
  16. Laaw Well-Known Member

Chrystal ball says, dislike choice will cause division and conflict. Oh what fun :(
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yes, as there is knowledge in those PMs. Save the PMs !
  18. Angeliana Senior Community Manager