Issues with interface options

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Inios, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Inios New Member

So I received help from a kind, random person; but I truly have no idea how to do a few things even with their help.

1. How do I change keybinds? I went to options - hit the advanced button - keyboard settings, and I still couldn't find anything as I was told I would.

2. I am receiving these terribly annoying sounds by left clicking on monsters or NPCs that are too far away. I don't get the point of it existing in the first place, but how do I turn it off? It's like "too far away to interact" I think.

All help is appreciated :D (also taking any new player tips to alter interface in vital ways).
  2. JanEQ Active Member

I believe that you want to go to:

options - controls - command keys
  3. JanEQ Active Member

Actually, for sounds you probably want:

options - sound - volume - interface sound volume

Hope this helps :)
  4. JanEQ Active Member

To answer your interface question, do a Internet search for "Everquest 2 interface" and the search results will include a popular website that many people use to alter all or some of the game interface.

(I didn't put a direct link or refer to it directly since it may possibly be against the forum rules, sorry)

Welcome to Everquest 2 :)
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

1) Look under movement keys, view keys, hotbar keys, command keys etc. Those are the ones that would have the bindings & the place to change them.

2) That one I'm not sure about. If it's the kind of bonging noise, I remember having it for objects (don't remember it with NPCs or mobs though) but oddly enough it's disappeared for me. I don't remember changing any sound setting that might effect it, if there is one I don't know what it is.

For other interface alterations, I highly recommend going over to Eq2interface & getting EQ2 maps. There are maps to more zones than you will find in the standard game maps as well as points of interest marked on there (and smaller points than the default map which is a huge plus IMO even if that is all it did).