Invalid login?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Masa, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Masa New Member

Was playing this AM. Account was fine etc. When zoining out of Chelsith, it went to a login screen with an error message saying invalid login, please try again. When I tried again, nothing would work, including restarting EQ2 and comp. Tried to log into these forums, and that returned an error saying the servers were down for 'scheduled' maintenance. Also got the same 'scheduled' maintenance error when I tried to log into my SOE account.

Though I couldn't log in, I could read the forums, and there was no posting for any maintenance today. Nor were there any in game announcements. Although the error page says 'scheduled' maintenance, there is a post under general gameplay from SOE saying there was an 'unscheduled' shut down.

Just now, I'm able to log in - both to these forums and the game. However in game I only have half my characters, and I have no SC balance, which was previously 9000+. In game, I tried to begin a petition regarding the missing SC and characters, but the in game petition takes me to the same 'servers are down for scheduled maintenance' error page.

What exactly is going on? Inconsistent messages regarding maintenance, no SC, no petition mechanism. If there are problems with servers at SOE, you would at least communicate such in a clear manner.
  2. Juraviel Active Member

No idea but I have a 1035 MB download that is being downloaded via the Launcher for some reason.
  3. Salbain Member

Same issue all morning. As of this post I was finally able to make the launcher take my username and password.
  4. Louly Well-Known Member

Were you able to login with or without the authenticator? Mine still says invalid :(
  5. Rhiamon New Member

I had that and now I'm getting a "Fatal Error"

Everquest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down.

<verify>G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\ClientApp.cpp (3858): Failed to open streaming database. OpenResult=-5 0043c044

Was working fine at 2am EST now this...like I said on other post hoping this is Sonys issue because I'm no tech person...and no idea what to do.
  6. beagley Well-Known Member

I can log into an account I have with no authenicator attached. The account with an authenticator keeps giving me an invalid username/password message and I cannot remove the authenticator from the account either.
  7. zadical New Member

well at least im not the only one having this error/log in problem..i was able to change password thinking that was a problem..but still no connect.. got the generic 'send DXdiag/msinfo32' canned request..me thinks we are in trouble. ..since its a sunday in US and they are off.
  8. 50racer New Member

I don't have an SOE authenticator and I have the same issue. I can log into the forums here (obviously) and account management but trying to log into the game gives me the same Invalid Name or Password. Something is definately wrong.
  9. zadical New Member

this from another forum entry by SOE tech support. hang in there amigos.
    There is currently some unscheduled maintenance going on that is affecting logins. We apologize for the inconvenience and it should be done shortly!

10. beagley Well-Known Member

Hmmm shortly having the same elastic properties as "soon". This was over 4 hours ago? An update would be appreciated,
  11. Blinkz New Member

Glad that some can now log in. I, however, cannot and it's been a long wait.
  12. beagley Well-Known Member

Found a work around thanks to a comment on the facebook page. Bypass station launcher and launch everquest2.exe from your game directory - works with an authenicator attached account :)
  13. Madoc New Member

Any update on the issue? I can't use the work around as I haven't patched in a couple of days. Any eta?
  14. xulEnix New Member

Tried the workaround of launching the .exe file, does not work. Still can't log in to the game, on both of my accounts.
  15. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

There was some maintenance in the morning that may have caused this. Should be good now. Anyone still having issue?
  16. Masa New Member

Still not working. No SC. No ability to file a petition in game.