Introducing Display Stands!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    Display your favorite wearables in style!

Have you ever thought to yourself that a shield, weapon, or cloak would look simply amazing hanging on the wall of one of your in-game houses? Or maybe you just want to display a wearable item, but a mannequin just doesn’t do it justice for you.

Well, do we have just the thing for you! In comes the Display Stand, a pedestal item used to display weapons, shields, cloaks, and other wearables without a mannequin! They will just float there in place above the pedestal.

[IMG]Three Display Stands, showing rotation, and hidden pedestal.

If you don’t like the look of the pedestal, you can toggle it off so the pedestal itself doesn’t display. Toggle it off and move it near a wall and your item will look like it’s hanging on the wall!

[IMG]
    Three Display Stands, showing height adjustment, and hidden pedestal.

Display Stands can be found on the Marketplace beginning NOW! Grab some today and get to decorating.

Join us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord. 
  2. Sheyn Member

Oh my word, all the ideas!!!!!

Works great!

I appreciate that there is only a minor oscillation, so we really can use them as ways to get more world-building items fleshed out.

Also like that there's a bundle of 10

So far cool trick: The Staff of Valor does it's effect and the white glowy bits actually shoot off into the distance; and the blue rings extend past the top so it looks like an X-wing Fighter gun turret shooting bullets I guess? Kinda neat

Love these!
  3. Kotter Legendary Member

4. Evilary Well-Known Member

I want this and it kind of feels bad that's it is only on the marketplace at the moment. But you know what, stuff like this I fully approve of them putting on the marketplace. It's not a pay to win item and I will probably end up getting this if I manage to survive the directx 11.1 fiasco.

Nice item, tell the team that they did an awesome job on this.
  5. Ronoc Member

should have been craftable, not purchasable from the start. if its temporary its better, but still not a fan of it being a paid thing
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Game's gotta keep the lights on somehow. This is a step in the right direction. Now if they would just put all the no-longer-obtainable prestige houses like the expansion exclusives on the marketplace, the decorator community would be all over that.
  7. Ronoc Member

id pay for that for sure! want that City of Mist house!
  8. Elynor Member

Nifty item. I like it. Don't like that it only displays the male version of the chest piece though. :confused:
  9. Kattt Well-Known Member

Two dollars PER is way too much. That adds up fast. And I love the item, but having it MP only is awful. I would much rather buy prestige houses than items decorators would use a lot of. I would even be okay with selling the recipe for it, for 10 dollars, or even 15 or 20. Then allow us to craft how many we need endlessly.

What makes this worse, is it is something decorators have asked for, for years, and I believe even a decorator idea, and they turn around and package and sell for 2 dollars EACH. The people who like or want to do vast displays or museums would cost them a fortune to get enough.

This was the wrong way to do this. SO many ways you could have done things to make you money, but not leave us once again feeling nickel and dimed to death (more like 5 and 10 dollared...adjusted for bad inflation.) The forgotten MP recipes, etc. THAT was a good way to do things. You get money to keep game running....WE then don't feel charged endlessly for a coveted item which WE thought of the idea in the first place.

This is the kind of thing is the reason why I don't log in much anymore. (Not to mention the grief I was put through over a lousy dollar-fifty....long story.) But I guess you will keep going until you lose more subs. I wonder when is enough.

As usual, great idea (though not yours) but lousy follow-through. If you had just asked for input first, or even listen to customers, this could have been so great.
    The idea of the display being female or male is also a good point.

I am sorry, I love this game and want to root for every thing you do. Just give me reasons. As it is, right now, I am slowly on my way out, like many I know.
    Kalethelin, Lateana and Anandra like this.
  10. Astraia New Member

Love this! Good call! Now it would be great if it came with a recipe to craft it or similar version of it. That would be grand!
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is it just the example, or does it turn it "male" even if it had been worn by a female? :-/

Uwk
    Kalethelin likes this.
  12. Astraia New Member

I got it and have a few issues with it. When I put a cloak on it, it doesn't display the guild heraldry and the box 'display heraldry' is ticked, instead, it displays some random green cloak. Also it appears to be haunted, I want it to face with back towards me but it keeps turning back to the original position on its own. When I try to rotate left or right it keeps turning to right. At last, as other mentioned it displays only male version of the armour you place on it. If it won't display heraldry it's useless to me as that's what I wanted it for. Disappointed. :(
    GrunEQ and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It may just be /bugged... :-/

Uwk
  14. CSP84 Well-Known Member

I am torn for this announcement and here are my thoughts.

Pro: Caith did some preview some couple of days ago on Discord. My initial thought was, this is what players had been asking for since around 2008-2010. Back than in conjunction with the Ulteran Mannequins.
    My Ranger hoped to display all the Bows obtained in Raids by taking on the Big Boys and Girls.

Contra: It is just about 2 weeks ago that DarkPaw introduced the Heroic Bundle. Like then (600 Chrono Coins) the same question must be asked, why only obtainable via the Marketplace.
    Crafters got shafted this expansion very much, this would have been a good opportunity to give them something to look out for.

What does it says about the state of the game if DarkPaw increasingly asks for our money for stuff that should be in the game.
  15. Denmum Developer

Make sure to get in a post in the Bug forums about the issue with the cloak, and make sure to include the cloak name as well. Since this is a new feature that functions a bit differently than mannequins, there are kinks to be worked out. (It is way harder to track an issue from a single comment in an announcement thread than it is to notice and track it in the Bug forum :D)

Thanks!
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Plus, people expect to find bugs in the Bug Forum... ;->

But Astraia did bring up a good point; just needs to be moved. :)

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.