ini Settings to Increase Draw Distance?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Solid11, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Solid11 Active Member

Is this even possible? Mainly it's the grass pop-in about 20 yards in front of you, but NPC details and items could be increased also. Modern PCs can handle the extra load now. Anyone know of any ini tricks?
  2. Solid11 Active Member

Been a bit now. I'm guessing by now there is no way to increase draw distance since not one person has even said anything. Would love the grass extended at a minimum.
  3. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Can try put settings to extreme quality and turn down settings under that preset to suite you. There are hidden settings in each preset that can not be adjusted (99% sure of but could be wrong).
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

definitely, I can only turn on CPU shadows by using the custom UI "Screenshot settings". No other way to turn them on in the main graphics options anymore.
  5. Reptili New Member

For the Flora thing:
    Just save/or edit the created or used options file (*.opt)
    with Texteditor and carefully change/adjust the values for
    r_flora_radius_scale 1.000000
    r_flora_density_scale 1.000000

to (whatever your Hardware can Handle or what you like)
    r_flora_radius_scale 2.500000 == It's the Flora Draw Radius measured from Player
    r_flora_density_scale 1.300000 == Density of the used Flora

after changes Just reload the options
    Bur be aware the performnce Hit is there...
    Jaden likes this.
  6. Solid11 Active Member

Awesome. Thank you.
    NM had to save a setting profile first lol.
    OMG grass as far as the eye can see. It's amazing. Now to figure out which setting is for loading more high detail characters. Really would love a breakdown of the settings file. Increasing LOD distance for items and rocks and such. I run a 3080 ti with 64GB ram off a 4TB M.2. So far all running smooth.
    Jaden likes this.