Individual Loot for Heroics Dungeons Feedback

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Kander, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Bentenn Well-Known Member

You simply need to put both options in. Personal loot cache is cool and gives chance at gear and leave the mob chest drop to be able to hand that piece of gear no one needs out to people outside of group. Personal loot does not help us prepare anyone for raids or even groups. It does ensure we walk away with a item from each mob (no matter what that item is), we get something from each name when in a group right now you don't have that guarantee. This will not help others get started into your zones with high resolve because we can't pass gear to people outside the group that are in guild. When you're limited tanks, playtime, healers, etc all around the system isn't good. I would say use both systems, upping chance that group member has loot chance but also the box still drops allowing us to bring outside people in to help prepare them.
    Cassta likes this.
  2. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello i aam with Moss on most points.

1) Personal should be Smart LOOT not rewarding a toon who uses Cloth and reward is leather.
    2) Cut all Addornments from the Loottable in these Personal reward Chests and Add all Addorns to get in the Expa to the Currency Vendor > Requierment have finished the Signature in Addon.

3) Make the Keys not buyable for Cash!!.
    4) Personal Loot should be a Bonus Reward to the Boss chests thier was no reson replace the personal stuff to the usual Boss chest.
    5) The Value of dropps 435 and 440 up to 445 Resolve in H2 // H3 need to bee increased up to like 50%, its a hooried game design to force people redo things 100 times with a RNG Chance of 0,00001 % to find something usefull to upgrade the Toon doing it with and not find loot which is only useable on Alts.

6) Resolve Range on any Tier life need to be reworked we do not execept a thing like this we have now for 3 Expas like 100 up t0 150 resolve more for a tier because you arent able to give us content to play and avoid our progress by creating walls of resolve for get ready for next tier.
    Best thing to see is the Epic Spell in RoR this is pure RNG and frustrets players a lot evan some had the absolut genious idea make the healer spell condition to kill some Raid mobs because its part of the script. We are never forced to have things like this before on a special class or an item which is hidden by a pure lottery.
    Make a playable time line for those stuff may you need some help from other player through it ok no problem, and if the line has only 3 or 4 quest parts fine too but hide nearly everything behind RNG is not a player freindly and happy game design.

7) An other point some one mentiont is the upcoming absolut unsocial loot systhem, espceialy on the personal Chests if you want go on with the not smart loot on them , make the gear tradeable for 48 Hours until Zone out, so if some get a pice who cant use it but an other can use for upgrade be able to trade it.
    We had the case a Chain got the CB overcap Shoulders for Plate which have been a huge update for the tank , but the gear is heirloom so the player which got the Plate Shoulders cant use it or trade it to the Tank> result the will be trashed or transmuted to a mana thats a kind of game mechnisem which does not have any sence.
    7.1) Erase all NO TRADE Flags from all stuff wich not comes from Heritage // Signature or Hallmark quests this da°°it no trad flag keeps us rid of game especialy on Addornments like the Immunizan Runs i have like 6 up to 10 on my 2 Main plaid toons, tell me the sence behind > why da f°°°in hell thes arent Heierloom as any Expa before so we can use them for alts at least.

7.2) Make all Addorns once optaint account flag and add them to the Vendor in RoR.

8) and instat of serving us half grown out stuff better rethink your thougts or evan start listen to the players instat of ride your own way like you do for 5 Expas now you will lose more and more players > result > no players no money and you will burry a still realy big potential which EQ2 still has, if any would have the eggs to revive this game and dont let it in a Zombie / half dead dreamwalking status.

Helfiren
    Denebi and Cassta like this.
  3. Arclite Well-Known Member

With all due respect, please understand that if you "want individual loot to feel rewarding" then a) don't put it behind a pay wall and b) listen to years worth of player feedback on how loot should be and that is a topic revolving around a major overhaul required for itemisation, game mechanics and the content design.

I can safely speak on behalf of the majority playerbase that the traditional way of getting loot has never been an issue. You kill something, you get loot, you kill something harder, you get better loot - this is the mainstay of any old traditional style mmorpg which everquest 2 belongs to.

To make loot rewarding on an individual basis then please:

a) remove any semblance of having to pay to improve your chances on RNG to get loot - this is absolute antithetical to what a rewarding loot system ought to be. The loot crate items (keys/caches) on marketplace need to go pure and simple. As a matter of fact, nothing should be added to the marketplace that has any bearing on the loot that a player needs to grind for in the first place.

Given that we have digested the macro and micro-transaction introduced into the game over the years, there is a lot of better ways to incentivise monetisation without making the experience blatantly cash-grab in nature. Before you say that "if we don't like it, then don't play" then consider the following: whilst you have borrowed many ideas from other mmo's with a vastly varying degrees of success, there are mmo's (GW2, for example) that have tied a lot of quality of life improvements/cosmetics to the game's marketplace without making it a need for end game progression. This works because, and I emphasise, the quality of base content and itemisation is solid enough for players wanting to dip into their pockets to buy things that are not tied to their progression. What you have implemented here is the exact opposite of that - where the base content and itemisation is severely lacking and the fact you asking us to loosen up our wallets more for it is a slap in the face.

b) dedicate resources in re-working the itemisation, the resolve mechanic is killing the live game at the moment and has been since its renaming and re-introduction back in ToT. New and returning players simply can't catch up with the content and adding more cash-gated items that are central to stat progression is going to take more players away from the game.

I implore you to reconsider this as you are barring people from a reliable and working objective of mmorpg grind mechanic of risk vs rewards for players who do put in the time to play, who do help others, who learn their classes well, who work together to figure out scripts. If not, you will further alienate the remaining players and make them leave the game and simultaneously deter any new/returning players for coming to the game.
    Cassta, Hellfiren, Skixxxx and 4 others like this.
  4. Moss Well-Known Member

Is seems a lot of player are willing to justify very bad mechanisms because they are frustrated to not get the loot they need/want.

And yet I did not remember anyone complaining about the chest loots in the past. So what went wrong: less and less loots in chest, ultra rare loots that are not small upgrade but are actually needed in order to progress.

Now everyone is going with his idea on how to add more mechanisms to solve the lack of loots.

When in fact all they had to do is increase the number of loots in chest and increase the drop rate of the most wanted items. It's so simple ...
  5. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

This would be a welcome idea, also not the first time something like this was done.
    Cassta likes this.
  6. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Would it though. What if they put in gear with no CBOC on it, would you accept that you got a piece with reuse/casting instead? Would you accept that the rare CBOC items still dropped in zones and was rare? I highly doubt it. Everyone wants the ability to get the best piece on first runs through and be done lol. I don't agree with most of what they are doing, but lets be realistic. They just need to really add more loot back into the boxes and not just one, sometimes two items dropping stuff.
    Cassta and Sigrdrifa like this.
  7. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Thank you for all of your feedback, we have taken note of it and are in the process of reviewing it all. We believe that individual loot in the heroic content would be something we want to look at doing more of in the future. This is something we have wanted to do for quite a while, we feel like individual loot will be a much better overall and less restrictive system so that players no longer have to worry about their lockouts when they want to play with their friends, guildmates or pick-up groups. Keys for the additional loot rolls do drop in the [Heroic III] content where they can be used. The Heritage Treasure Caches will be made available to everyone as heroic mission rewards in the next update. New feedback threads for the individual loot system and heritage treasure cache will be started in the Feedback forums to have a place to hear, from you, how we can improve it.

0 truth to that at all.. sorry @kandar, but this only allows players to simply roll through the zones as many times as they want as long as they pay your company cash... thats what this is solely, a cash grab. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Nunja, Dude and Manafizzle like this.
  8. BlubBlub New Member

If I'm being honest, it just seems like the introduction of new p2w under the guise of helping the player.

If the actual goal is to help players please remove the p2w aspects. As it stands now we have group rolling where those who paid get loot, those who diddent don't. Your intent was to give players opportunities to help friends who were not able to get groups for zones as easily. Instead it's now people who can't afford loot paying to help those who can.
    Cassta likes this.
  9. Ziefren Active Member

Ill echo the rest here since i wholeheartedly agree, at face value most of the players felt the loot that dropped from chests squeezed completely dry. 1 item chests became the norm in this expac so it made it very rough to gear out a group in heroics to meet resolve checks for raids.

Raids themselves only compounded that and doubled down, gearing a 24 person raid was equally as daunting and as such most of the game slugged through raids well under resolve.

Now enter the market place, the player base was already squeezed dry and frustrated so the answer to all of that was just spend money? I myself feel just insulted, gearing and loot grinding was always a core part of this game but now it just feels like we were taken for a ride.

I myself, and MANY others are NOT OK with this system and are on the borderline of just quitting which will hurt the top end raiding scene on live.

If the game needed funding that bad STAY away from the way we gear, give us another buff or mount or even a higher sub tier.

Buying extra loot rolls on chests and literally 30 min loot resets is just not it.

EDIT: To add to this, players now simply have the ability to run zones on 30 min cool downs and BUY MORE LOOT ROLLS, how does that decrease the amount of gear coming into the game? Some players Ive spoken to have already JUMPED UP BY 30 resolve all since these came out after nto seeing upgrades IN WEEKS. So yes, most of us literally feel like we were taken for a ride, make loot feel impossible to get so we would want to buy the crates to fix it.
  10. Praetorian Well-Known Member

Other games do personal loot but its not stifled by requiring players to buy loot keys to get better chances at getting items. I ran an entire gauntlet of H3's and didnt see ONE... NOT ONE.. piece of gear drop. The running joke in the group was, "Well, I should have bought some keys to get a 33% CHANCE at getting an upgrade." Fact of the matter is gear progression is so entirely screwed up this expansion that this particular system only amplifies how egregious and messed up it has been. There is no progression from SOLOS > HEROICS > CHALLENGE HEROICS > RAIDS > CHALLENGE RAIDS... I've gotten loot from easy Heroic 3 zones that drop similar items from Tier 3 RAID content. That's messed up right there. Even rewards from certain triumph achievements were actually BAD this expansion and those are supposed to be sought after by everyone!

Back to what I was saying though. Other games do personal loot just fine.. Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online...but you know what those games still offer? Every class is useful in the group and they still have the ability to share said loot. Sometimes especially rare things are account bound but those are the exception not the rule. We group up to help ourselves and each other at the same time. I think that fact is getting lost here in all of this.

A 100% personal loot roll means nothing if you decrease the chance of getting something and put things behind pay to win mechanics to actually get something. Like I said before I spent the first month and a half of this expansion sitting outside of group zones because the zones were too difficult and my class was too much of a liability to bring in. Unless you get some serious class balancing and reduce some of the zone mitigation so that PUGS are more willing to take other classes this is only going to cause a greater rift in the player base. Your goal of bringing people together technically is driving a wedge between them.

If this loot system goes in as is without any changes being made despite these feeedback threads, I can't in good conscious keep playing. No one has been asking for personal loot rolls. No offense, but the for dev team to say they have been wanting to do it for a long time only goes to show that priorities for what needs to be done in this game are grossly being misjudged. I can name 10 other more important things to fix in the game over personal loot rolls.

I've been playing this game for a LONG god damn time...My account is going to reach 20 years very soon.. everything I say I say with the best intentions for this game. I want the best experience for it and Im sorry but this is just not the way right now.
    Cassta, Voaskess, Chari and 8 others like this.
  11. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I agree there are way more important things to fix in the game than personal loot rolls. I would love to know the amount of hours this took to implement. Just think of other things that players actually want that could have been implemented instead. I don't expect anything to change.

These will stay in the game and players will just get used to it. As long as the number of players quitting cost less than the amount of money it's making they are here to stay I'm afraid. I hear the Heritage Treasure Caches are also on the TLE servers which is even worse IMHO. They have NO place there for sure.
    Cassta, Chari and Feara like this.
  12. Xevran Well-Known Member

That's exactly what it is, just like the other dozens of pay to win mechanics they've added over the years. None of them were meant to help the players or make the game more fun, they were just to further milk the dwindling player base.
    Cassta, Chari, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  13. Menoric Member

We already have personal loot, it's called the mission crate. The only thing that's broken on that is the itemization. The idea of any other kind of "personal loot" is just a cash grab and rife with abuse potential for DBG. What I mean by that is I could see them setting it up so only good, usable, well itemized loot will come from the PTW personal loot and you'll get some other minimalist loot from a mission crate in the future. This is why PTW personal loot is just BAD. This does NOT help the player as you could just fix itemization with mission crates and be done. There is no need/desire for this system by the players, just fix what's broken.
    Cassta, Sigrdrifa, Ichoris and 3 others like this.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

It appears to be working as intended, though, as the injected gateway to adding addicted-gambler RNG pay to win crates into EQ2. Create a problem that didn't previously exist, then "solve" it with pay to win garbage.

In other news, WoW Classic Era Hardcore Mode Permadeath servers are a total blast, and there's no pay-to-win there either! It must have been a relief for Holly Longdale to leave EQ2 and wind up over there.
  15. Chari Member

Deeply saddened that you put another nail in the coffin of this game we love but you seem to despise.
    There are fewer people to play with daily and using money to prop up a loot system that is already ludicrously badly designed will drive all but a very few out of the game. No increase in revenue for you either. A few people playing and paying will never equal a lively player base who love the game and use some rl funds to increase FUN. Not for essential progression. Doesn't take a genius.
  16. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Well DBG seems to be getting what they want. At least in the short term. People are buying the new P2W stuff. I was really hoping they wouldn't. If they were not selling then DBG would have to rethink this whole thing.

The fact players are buying them means they are going to stay in the game. It's very sad news for sure. It also opens the floodgate and now that some players have accepted this it will mean even more P2W things coming into the game.
    Hellfiren, Cassta and Fetish like this.
  17. Fetish Well-Known Member

Stuff like this is why the TLE servers are so popular...only with this change you're also going to screw up the TLEs aren't you? People play TLEs to get away from this garbage mismanagement.
    Siren and Cassta like this.
  18. DENSER Well-Known Member

That. They are capable and on the right track.
    " After successful launch of kael drakel" (which they wrote, but did not specify that it was a flop launch)
    We have decided to apply these keys to all types of instances, for the well-being of the player, of course "
    prepare yourselves
    Cassta likes this.
  19. DENSER Well-Known Member

20. Roxtar Member

My friends list says it all. almost empty. This expansion the developers made the loot tables so harsh and the rewards so minuscule that players are leaving to play other games.
    I'm one of the lucky ones with a static group. There is often mention of them giving up and we just began raiding t2 content.
    No body is doing pick up groups anymore like they did last expansion, Nobody wants to spend three hours doing h1 weekly's.
    I feel like the players (customers) have been punished. We don't need special servers for raiders to separate us from our casual and crafting friends.
    We log in, want to have fun and will buy what we desire to keep the game going. I even bought the friends and family pack in case a guild member couldn't afford.
    Now we cant share loot with people that don't have time to grind hurting our raid forces. were faced with pay to win to get the gear that used to be rewarded with good effort.
    This is likely going wrong and I bet the logs show how many people are logging in less and not at all.
    I love this game but I see the direction developers are running and I worry about this game just disappearing.
    Fetish, Siren, Voaskess and 2 others like this.