How Do I Reforge and Readorn??!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sigrdrifa, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

• "How do I reforge and readorn?"
    • "ZOMG, these monsters are kicking my hiney and I am wearing COE raid gear!"
    • "It stripped all my adorns and reforging, now what do I do?"

These (and close variants) are what I've heard a lot this morning. Here are some notes I put together for my guild based on experiences in Beta, posts in the Beta forums, and analysis by our guild number-cruncher extraordinaire, Silzin. These may provide some help. (Note that errors are either Beta-induced or mine purely, no telling what I have have misunderstood :) )

Everyone:
    • Raiders need 600 Crit Chance for EM raiding, 650 CC for HM raiding. Need more crit chance? Go to Cardin Ward and buy the red and yellow Crit Chance adorns.
    • Raiders need health of ~400,000+. The crafted Astral Adornment of Endurance (Superior) adds +37 STA, which gets you more health than the red or yellow health adorns.
    • Plan to "mix and match" gear from the new expansion. There won't be one set customized for your class. You'll need to select pieces to get the stats you need, and make use of reforgers. Ratagnan over at ZAM put together a very handy comparison chart of armor rewarded by the overland quests that can be a big help in planning.
    • The new purple adorns for beefing up your new TOV armor will be crafted, so adorners need to grab these recipes ASAP and start churning them out. Purple adorns can be purchased with Draconic Etmya or crafted for fewer Etmya.
    • There are new special gems to also insert into armor. Yellow, Green, and Blue all can be purchased with Draconic Etmya or crafted for fewer Etmya. Red Gems drop from zone bosses and avatars. Purple Gems can be obtained by trading in 3 red gems (per Feldon).

Reforging:
    • A large number of changes to the reforging system are happening with the expansion (per Endymion). Expect to have your adorns popped off and existing reforging reset on release day.
    • AoE Auto-Attack is the best stat to reforge from (it gives the best point return).
    • Cast Speed has the next best reforgability

Tank Classes:
    • Look for “Defense Focused” armor sets from the expansion which include a health set for each armor type. Leather and plate specifically get Block and Mitigation to go along with their health sets (per Kander).
    • Strikethrough hard-caps at 100%.

Melee Classes:
    • Multi-Attack and DPS Mod have been swapped (per Xelgad). The example given was, "600 DPS mod will make your attacks hit 7× harder (instead of 7 times per swing) while 200 Multi-Attack will give you 1.25 extra attacks".
    • Flurry has not changed. It is more valuable because Multi-Attack and DPS Mod were swapped, and thus auto-attacks hit much harder, making flurry hit harder (per Xelgad).
    • Haste soft-caps at 200% and over-caps into Flurry.
    • DPS soft-caps at 600, giving your Auto Attack ×6 your normal damage. After 600 you'd need 1000% for ×7, and 1600 for ×8.
    • Multi Attack soft-caps at 200 for 1.25 extra attacks. At 300 it should be ~1.35, at 400 ~1.45. Over 200 you run into diminishing returns.
    • AoE Auto Attack hard-caps at 100%.
    • Weapon Damage Bonus adds to the base damage of your weapons, before Haste, DPS or Multi Attack.
    • Weapon Skills (Slashing, Piercing, Crushing) do not seem to cap.
    • Look for “Auto-Attack Focused” gear from the expansion which use Weapon Damage Bonus to replace Potency, and then have Attack Speed, Damage Per Second or AE Auto-Attack Chance as the extra stat (per Kander).

Mage Classes:

• Look for "Ability Focused” gear that has Potency, Ability Modifier, Reuse Speed and Casting Speed (per Kander).
    • Spell Weapons now use the same autoattack stats as melee weapons (see above), except there is a separate Spell Weapon Damage Bonus.
    • Casting Speed soft-caps at 100%, and overcapping should go into Doublecast at 1 every 20.
    • Ability Reuse hard-caps at 100%.
    • Recovery Speed hard-caps at 100%.
    • Casting Skills (Focus, Disruption) do not seem to cap.
    • Enchanters will probably want some “Auto-Attack Focused” gear from the expansion.
    • Conjurors will want a lot of Doublecast. Go for 100%+ on Casting Speed, Recovery and Reuse and no (hardly any) Multi Attack or DPS. Put your adornments into Potency and Crit Bonus and Magical Skill, plus Ability Mod.

Priest Classes:
    • Cloaks and belts from the expansion in particular will have Potency.
    • Gear choices from the expansion will vary depending on whether or not you are a Battle Priest. Some healers may want the "Ability Focused" gear (see under Mages), Battle Priests may want more "Auto Attack Focused" gear (see under Melee).
    • Skyshrine priest food (Draconic Battlepriest's Mending Meal) was better than the new Liquamen Fillet at the end of Beta still, due to heal amount.
    Dulcenia and Avahlynn like this.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Thanks for this! Mind a question? How much 'life' do those astral superiors add in? Whats the conversion of 37 STA to health?
  3. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Good write up.. thanks for the time and effort. Great place to start and then go from there what works best for everyone.
  4. Mae- Well-Known Member

Too bad they're so freaking expensive, adorners need to decide if it's worth saving up their Etyma for the recipes, or to buy the adorns from the vendor first, then get recipes.... Sucky conundrum =(
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Rune: Health
    • Level 90 Red Adorn
    • +200 Health
    • \aITEM -727244934 -1581186507:Rune: Health\/a

Rune: Health II
    • Level 90 Red Adorn
    • +300 Health
    • \aITEM -2066348257 -368837402:Rune: Health II\/a

Rune: Lesser Health
    • Level 80 Yellow Adorn
    • +150 Health
    • \aITEM -800237709 -1753310009:Rune: Lesser Health\/a

Rune: Lesser Health II
    • Level 90 Yellow Adorn
    • +250 Health
    • \aITEM 873037692 -396406041:Rune: Lesser Health II\/a

Astral Adornment of Endurance (Superior)
    • Level 90 White Adorn
    • +37 STA (should be ~370 health)
    • \aITEM 1913573191 -248563372:Astral Adornment of Endurance (Superior)\/a

Astral Adornment of Endurance (Greater)
    • Level 90 White Adorn
    • +30 STA (should be ~300 health)
    • \aITEM 1384921580 1337090199:Astral Adornment of Endurance (Greater)\/a

Astral Adornment of Endurance (Lesser)
    • Level 90 White Adorn
    • +23 STA (should be ~230 health)
    • \aITEM -718529393 -2144822328:Astral Adornment of Endurance (Lesser)\/a
    Guiscard and Avahlynn like this.
  6. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Depending on how much cheaper it is to get stuff commissioned vs. purchasing from the merchant, it may be worth saving up. The stuff can be commissioned so it might actually mean more paying work for crafters, which can't be a bad thing.
  7. Mae- Well-Known Member

Right, but as a raider, if I neglect to get purple adorns on my gear, I am gimping myself for raiding. So I have to choose whether to gear myself first, or try to find the 2 or 3 most desired purple adorns to craft.
    Alenna likes this.
  8. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess you could call it "choice", but having been a raider myself, the idea of intentionally gimping oneself isn't really a choice. A conundrum indeed.
  9. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Thank you, Sigrdrifa! VERY helpful info.
  10. Ahupu Well-Known Member

I thought each point of stamina now gave 30hp at max level (making that +37 worth 1110 hp) or did that change?
  11. Kraeref Well-Known Member

30 hp per each point of stamina
    Avahlynn likes this.
  12. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Yesterday the TS weekly quest did NOT give a purple adorn :( I suppose we were simply being teased on beta with that reward.