How about an NPC to trade in azure reactants for other ones?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by mouser, Oct 11, 2014.

1. mouser Well-Known Member

I checked in my depot and I've already got almost two hundred azure reactants while the rest are still in single digits. How about an NPC where we can trade in 10 azure reactants (or some other arbitrary number) for one of our choice?
    Mermut likes this.
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

3. Chrysus New Member

4. Meirril Well-Known Member

I think being aware of the arguments from that thread would be valid in any argument in this thread. The main source of both are the daily apprentice quest.
  5. mouser Well-Known Member

Can you please enlighten me as to the "economic factors" that require the reactants sub 90 be rare as hens teeth while the azure reactants be common as dirt? I've got to keep a tradeskiller at each tier just to have a remote shot at most of them, while my maxed crafters are collecting enough azure reactants to tile a house.
    Tylia likes this.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

You can also get other reactants by farming the appropriate tier of dungeons / named mobs. (It doesn't matter if you personally can't / won't do it. It's still a way of getting them.)

The fact that you've collected enough azures to tile a house should tell you enough about the economic factors. If they did introduce some kind of exchange, it would have to be a 1 for 1000 kind of a deal because so many people already have thousands of azures.

There's also a clear difference between azures and the rest, as the rest make the best in slot items for each tier, where azures were used in a limited capacity at an odd time in the development of the game. Itemization later changed, rendering them pretty useless.
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

Perty much Azure Reactants are more like the Shiny Blue Coins that they come bundled with than other Reactant materials. It is just a form of coin/materials used in making a few items, and you get them daily for next to no effort.