High Keep: Bloodless (possible bug)

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Luck, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Luck Member

Anyone notice 'Ruptured Vein' hitting for an extraordinary amount of damage? We were in the zone, according to ACT for about an hour and Ruptured Vein's DPS was 394k. That DPS people! The next damage on the parse was crushing at 59k.

I'm sure the Devs can check the log, for Luck - Everfrost at 8:27:20pm EST, I was hit:

TIME ATTACKER ATTACKTYPE DAMAGETYPE VICTIM DAMAGE CRITICAL SPECIAL
    8:27:20 PM a slaughtershade Ruptured Vein magic Luck 620828 False None
    8:27:20 PM a slaughtershade Ruptured Vein magic Luck 633027 False None
    8:27:20 PM a slaughtershade Ruptured Vein magic Luck 615616 False None
    8:27:20 PM a slaughtershade Ruptured Vein magic Luck 622065 False None
    8:27:20 PM a slaughtershade Ruptured Vein magic Luck 624008 False None

Needless to say, roughly 3m in damage...I was 1 shot. And this is a trash mob. I think it should only be hitting once...but something is causing it to hit multiple times.

We were pulling normal groups of mobs, not training the zone. I didn't notice the increments of undead army, but it shouldn't have been much...since it was a normal pull. This was replicated on each mob, that his this ability.

Devs, please check Ruptured Vein, is it working as intended....feels broken.
    Daalilama and Mermut like this.
  2. Strac Active Member

I died to this many times as well, doesn't seem to be tied to a dot either. Just randomly exploding to it, and i'm raid geared as well as the rest of the group.

We killed one named on second lvl ( i feigned my way there and the rest vet called in), got a tradable plate glove around the quality of 3 gem potent, but the item can't be gemmed. Then wiped every 5 min due to this bug/feature the devs obviously put a lot of thought into, or random AE procs pulling adds through walls. Body pulling was not possible, the moment the mobs aggroed, everything in social aggro range came running too. More then 2 encounters = wipe.

Moral of the trip: I will not go back there until the zone is fixed, except for farming shinies. Nice try btw trying to disable brawlers from doing it, with mobs instantly reseting to spawn point upon losing aggro. But you failed on that, any halfway competent Brawler can work around that. Keep up your silly efforts tho, i'm sure that's dev time well spent.

ATM it's at best a playground for extremely bored high end ( Top 20 guilds) players looking for a non-innovative opprtunity to spend online time while receiving loot not even closely matching the level of risk.

This zone will be even more deserted then Kael Drakkel when it went live, in even shorter time. You know why contested dungeojs before Velious were popular ? Because The average difficulty was below that of even the easiest instances. It allowed the broad mass to go to a zone, get exp, AA exp andsometimes even a slight upgrade as loot. But in the last couple years we got these absurd zones like The Hole ( worthless loot from the start, and then nerfed into usefulness exp-wise), Kael Drakkel, fabled versions of old zones and now High Keep. Skyshrine had and has a good risk vs reward lvl for people leveling up, and its the only viable zone to exp lvl 90 - 95.

Which is a shame because more zone options with equal exp/risk = more fun. High keep mobs would have to give 5 - 10 x more exp then skyshrine mobs to be even worth considering going to in terms of exping/aa exping/lvling adorns. The loot seems to be mostly for alts/ selling on broker.And tbh new lvl 95 players will have an extremey rough time in High keep and likely never return there until expac is over.
    Daalilama likes this.
  3. Clevemo Active Member

I want to confirm this as a possible bug because over the course of the day, I was routinely one-shot by this effect, Ruptured Vein, and often times I had stoneskin running vs. one encounter i.e only one detriment for increased damage. If you didn't cure Ruptured Vein immediately it would kill you and if you had 2-3 encounters on you when it landed you were dead.

I'm fully raid geared at this point and I found this zone extremely annoying. Group makeup was Guard/Mystic/illy/Assn/Swash/Dirge and we're having to body pull one encounter at a time through the entire zone. It gets old quickly and the rewards don't justify the effort.
    Daalilama likes this.
  4. Chrol Developer

Yes, this is a bug. Ruptured Vein's damage will be significantly decreased.
    Avianna likes this.
  5. Anastaise Active Member

There is another bug as well that if you are in a raid, the Undead Army stacks never drop when you leave combat. You have to completely disband and reform your raid/groups to remove the stacks of Undead Army. They do drop as expected when an encounter ends if you are in a single group, but once you are in a raid the stacks won't go away.
  6. Chrol Developer

Yes, that will be fixed as well, Anastaise.
    Avianna likes this.
  7. Daalilama Well-Known Member

With all due respect the design of the zone sucks....pass gas anywhere near trash even through walls bamm your facing 4-6 mob encounters with 4-6 increments...from soloing to tandem to triple heal groups spent 6 hours there and not overly happy with the lost time. For the most part groups that made it down deeper into the zone did so following or working with another group leapfrogging. Gear is ok the fabled healer charms pretty good (if you could get them to drop) but currently its either one of 2 options left to address if the zone is going to have any interest to anyone in running it due to the time involved in what has fast become the worst dungeon crawl I can remember.

• Way too much trash mobs in the zone with extremely high social/proxy agro...it is not hard to pull through walls/floors/ceiling with body pulls let alone a bow shot/etc. Players don't mind a dungeon crawl but the zone in its current state in no way resembles that. With the excessive trash in the zone group dps is down least we pull a trash encounter or 2 or 4 or 6 while we try and kill a named.
    • Undead Army as a stacking det especially in this zone is out of control...as stated about its not entirely too hard to wind up have 4 or more encounters (which vary depending on the group of trash 2-4 adds each) thus ending up with the group dying. I will agree if you try and charm any of the trash you wind up more often than not with 1 or more Undead Army dets on you (one of my groups that I ran the zone managed to find themselves with 6 repeatedly which didn't drop off until charm add was dead and we all dropped group).
    • Lack of rez points in the zone especially as it is on live is another design flaw. Hey we get it your trying to slow people from farming the names (though I never saw trash drop any chests so doubt that's an option) but any one of these three make the zone a pita. Add in all three and you have a ready made recipe for disaster.
    The players in my assorted 4 groups I ran this with were no pug newbs wearing cryptic gear they were T1/T2 raid geared and good at their class and most pretty much stated they'd rather raid ToV in cryptic gear than to endure the zone.

• If you intend to keep the poorly thought out Undead Army mechanic than you really only have 1 option available to make the zone more manageable...reduce trash in the zone by 1/3 current amounts. In addition you may want to look at the adjusting the trash mobs agro mechanics as its a nightmare in its current form.
    • If you intend to keep the amount of trash as is than the Undead Army mechanic seriously needs reworking.
    • Either way a few rez points in the zone would be nice regardless.
    I will state that as a healer you would as a dev not have liked to be in my vent channel for 6 hours and I'll leave it at that.
  8. Kander Developer

We will be making the following changes tomorrow in the morning.

• Ruptured Vein will do significantly less damage.
    • Lowered assist radius of non-boss encounters.
    • Undead Army will drop off raid members properly.
    • Increments of Undead Army will lower when NPCs are charmed.
    • Experience gained will be increased.
    • Removed the restriction of all revive points in the zone.
    Thanks for all the feedback!
    Malleria, Daalilama and Shmogre like this.
  9. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Sorry for the bluntness of my opinion of the zone Kander but hard to give positive feedback spending 2/3 the time in there dead or trying to get to names to die again from the assist radius on trash. And I'll wait till the changes go through to try it instead of my other option of chewing broken glass kind of a toss up on what is less painful that or the zone...I'm kind of leaning on the broken glass being less painful.
  10. Gigglezzz Member

This zone is horrendous to say the least. Mobs aggroing through the walls, floors, ceilings. As Daalilama has said, I love a challenge but there is a dfference between a challenge and annoyance and this zone is definitely an annoyance. You kill all the trash in the room with the named and while killing the named, trash pops because it takes so long to kill all the trash in the room because of the quantity of trash. I like a dungeon crawl, I really do, but this is on the side of outrage. The trash agro range mechanic is just insane. I really don't mean to rant, but all of this really needs to be fixed and please do not put this in any other zone. It is not fun, let me repeat, this is not fun. And no, I am no noob player either, raid geared and been playing the game since original release and it seems things keep getting progressively worse and worse each new zone put out. Most players don't even like contested zones, but if you are going to force contested zones down our throats, at the minimum make them enjoyable instead of what has been released with this one.
    Daalilama likes this.
  11. Eyenstein Member

We will be making the following changes tomorrow in the morning.

• Ruptured Vein will do significantly less damage.
    • Lowered assist radius of non-boss encounters.
    • Undead Army will drop off raid members properly.
    • Increments of Undead Army will lower when NPCs are charmed.
    • Experience gained will be increased.
    • Removed the restriction of all revive points in the zone.
    Thanks for all the feedback! -

This more then anything reminds why I like our Dev team. They listen ;)
  12. Luck Member

I appreciate the attention being paid to the zone. I'd ask that people give it more than 1 day, to form an opinion. Let SOE make the changes above...especially to RV and mob agro ranges. Thanks for the quick responses Chrol and Kandar.
  13. Foretold Well-Known Member

I like the changes coming. But I really kind of liked the zone to begin with, nice and challenging. The huge aggro radius of the trash mobs was really my only complaint. And even that was kind of fun, until you got to @ 4 increments.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

I kinda like the zone.
    I would only adjust one thing.
    make it so the walls are barriers (can't be AoEd through) it would help alot where we are doing just fine and then suddenly we get 8 mobs from through the walls.
    Malleria likes this.
  15. Othion Member

Perhaps instead of asking for invisible barriers which would take like.. structural changes to the zone and probably cause more problems, just continue on the path of lowering the social aggro of npcs - or remove their ability to help each other completely while keeping a long range of aggro to players and give everything a buff granting aoe immunity that dispels when damaged

So people can pull like normal getting 1 set of mobs at a time, and pull faster because mobs no longer social agro - However people cannot just train through the zone easily because everything has a big agro radius.

Simpler example: 2 mobs 35 meters from my character one slightly left one slightly right. both their agro radius is 30, but I can nuke one and the other doesn't come help. if I, however, run to 29, I get both.

And everything needs to have aoe immunity unless direct, maybe make it dispel once they apply undead army or something because aoe procs and like..sorcerer mystical overflow, summoner swarm pets, BL feral whirl, EVERY AOE SNAP BERSERKERS HAVE and probably countless other abilities will cause your group to instantly explode.

That's really all I have on the zone so far.
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

I found this one funny. what non 95 is running this zone?
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

Will help people who haven't done mindless SS or dungeon maker runs to cap out their AA yet. ;)
  18. Ucala Well-Known Member

people still don't have 350 AA? dang :p
    besides, unless they boost the XP by a crap ton, SS will even still be better (and SS is bad). rooms of mob pulls > 3 at a time, max.
  19. Lightt Member

One more thing... PLEASE, allow us to plant a rally flag within the contested zone! :rolleyes:
    Daalilama likes this.
  20. Ragna Well-Known Member

Lvl 95 who still have adorns to level ?