Help with mechanics of procs from heals

Discussion in 'General Priest Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Umub, Sep 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Umub Guest

I am looking for some information about the adonrment procs like Aegis, Panacea, Restorative Counter and Mending work for various type of healers and healing. My understanding of the types of heals are:
    • Single Target Direct Heal - heals target for x-y
    • Group Direct Heal - heals each group member for x-y
    • Single Target HOT/Ward/Reactive
    • Group HOT/Ward/Reactive
    • Heal Procs - don't matter because a proc isn't going to proc something else
    So my questions are:
    1. Is it correct that the proc can only occur at the moment the spell is cast, not for each tick or a HOT, ward or reactive?
    2. How do the procs work for Group direct heals and Group HOT/Ward/Reactives? Is there a chance for the proc to fire for each person in the group? Just the toon directly targeted? Or no one at all?
    3. Do the procs only fire for direct heals or do they also fire for HOT/Ward/Reactive heals?
    4. Is there any benefit/detriment to the different sub-classes of healers in relation to these procs?
    Thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-Calain80 Guest

1. Yes 2. Single target procs have a seperate chance to proc for each person that is affected by the group heal. Group procs have one chance to proc per heal cast. 3. also for HOT / Ward / Reactive 4. Procs are normalized based to cast time. So the slower the base cast time of a heal the higher the chance for a proc to go off, but as each heal you cast has a chance to proc That normally evens out this difference. There are several Ward procs for the non warding classes out there and they can really help your tank to survive hard hits (this is also true for Shamans). On the other side heal or HOT procs can help a Shaman, so he does not need to cast his normal inferior direct heals, but they don't really help Clerics or Druids. All in all with these high potency and crit bonus numbers and procs not being able to be modified, procs aren't important as they where the last expansions.
  3. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

To clarify the answer to #3 above...
    The casting of the HoT/Ward/Reactive is when the proc goes off. Specifically, reactives proc when they are cast, not when they trigger.