Haunted Home Decorating Forum Challenge

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Oct 15, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-K'hara Guest

Serenitii@Permafrost wrote:
    Thank you so much for this!!! and OMG Aslita if you don't win i'll be COMPLETELY baffled!!!!! the use of space...the twists and turns...OMG AMAZING!!! =D
  2. ARCHIVED-qwcsilvr2 Guest

Linger should have all the permissions and the rent paid.
  3. ARCHIVED-Starson80uk Guest

Khiara@Kithicor wrote:
    Oh you'll make me blush hehe. I would love to be one of the winners but I had so much fun doing this that it's okay if I don't. There are a ton of fantastic houses in the contest and most houses had me go wow at something, if not the whole house.
  4. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Oh my, thanks for the video, they're really good (even if I'm one of those house who loose "something", the book being part of it). It's really much better than screenshots :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Meridia Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    You're welcome The vids should be up for Arilnoreph, Ececia, Ekusuy, Linger and Ristiali. The last four I still couldn't enter.
    I haven't reviewed most of the vids yet, btw. I captured my initial walkthru, compressed and posted due to time constraints.
  6. ARCHIVED-Drakania Guest

Aww crap, your vid of my place shows the "boo boo" I missed. I was in a rush to finish since I had to work all weekend, I didn't notice till the next day that a "key" item in my bathrom was not staying in it's proper place and revealing the secret of the room :(.

Lots of great houses and this contest let me spend all my time decorating, which I promised my guildies I'd not do till I got a character up to raiding performance, LOL.
  7. ARCHIVED-jaelissa Guest

Missed mine too Serenitii <G> that is a great job you did with that though. im Terrorist on the test server.
  8. ARCHIVED-Raven_Ancient Guest

Drakania wrote:
    Lol your not the only one that seems to be in trouble. I have a few 'pets' in the first part of my entry (Arilnoreph). They normally stay in position for a minute or two before they start roaming which is important as they are really the main part of the first room and need to stay in position for it to make sense.
    Oh well.
    EDIT:
    The video due to having the UI missing (a sensible thing to do for a video) misses the 'magic mouth' messages I was using too.
  9. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

Had the same problem made a room using gelatinous cubes but i forgot they won't stay after logging out of room.
  10. ARCHIVED-Giggilie Guest

The videos are great, and the houses are all fabulous.
    If you get a chance to see my funeral parlor, you must read the books.. the three funerals after the endless feast are for...Ol' Man Dave (he is buried on his lawn), The Gnome that falls off the edge of SF (rumored to have invented the frictionless piece of eight and trained us all!) and in the pond downstairs where no one goes, is for Quo Augren.
    RIP
  11. ARCHIVED-Meridia Guest

If you have book text that is important to your house, please send me a PM. I will try to get some time to go back and capture it to add it to the site. Please include the number of books in your house so I can make sure I get them all. Otherwise, it is almost guaranteed that I'll miss some. :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Starson80uk Guest

Hehe there are 14 books in mine, all important =O)
  13. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

The videos are wonderful!! There are books in mine - listed below. I think they are pretty important, since it let's folks know the theme of the house - The Phantom of the Opera. Though by the time folks get to the lake they might figure it out.
    Morrganna's house:
    1. On the table as soon as you zone in (an OOC intro)
    2. On the podium next to the chandelier
    3. In the dressing room: first is on the desk near the entrance of the room, second is by the mirror
    4. In the Graveyard, on one of the benches
    5. At the bottom of the stairs as you enter the underground lake

Thanks for doing this!!!
  14. ARCHIVED-jiarissa Guest

Thanks Serenitii for the videos - with the number of houses it must have taken you quite some time. Much appreciated.
    Thanks also Amnerys for organising the competition and the house items. I thought it was a great idea to limit the range of items we could use and the number. I have had so much fun decorating my house and then visiting the other houses. Every one I visited had something interesting and I've got lots of ideas for future home decorating projects!
    Jiarissa
  15. ARCHIVED-Qadinu Guest

This is my first time enterting a decorating challenge myself although I'm an avid decorator. I was drawn into the contest by its structure - limited items AND they're provided. I couldn't have done my haunted home on the live server, I would have needed 60ish eucalyptus lumber.
    I had a blast doing my house and I hope to see more challenges like this in the future.
  16. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Thanks so much for the videos, Serenitii!
  17. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

Thank you for adding the book screenshots!!!

Weren't they going to announce winners today?
  18. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Aerfen@Lucan DLere wrote:
    That was what Amnerys said ...
  19. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

There's still a few hours left in today ;).
    /paces
  20. ARCHIVED-Meridia Guest

Aerfen@Lucan DLere wrote:
    You're welcome. I was going to post but have been feeling a bit under the weather the past few days. :( I probably would have posted them a little differently if I'd been feeling better.
    I couldn't capture the books in a video because they were illegible when compressed so I decided on screenshots. I also realized that I missed one of Aslita's books (Book 7) but haven't gone back to find it yet. I think I must have consistently missed that one. I also realized that I flipped the titles of a couple of Chapters of my house's books. Ooops. Overall though, reading the books really added to the experience of the house tours, so be sure to take a few mins to read them.
    It is still early afternoon on the west coast so hopefully the results will be posted later!