Guk Server

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Curlytoe_Lorekeeper, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

Thanks to everyone who waited around for the dragon to finish stretching its wings! Emele was surprised to see that so many people were waiting for him, despite the fact that he was behind schedule.
    (Thanks for your patience! Sorry again for the inconvenience, and for anyone who wasn't able to stick around, there will definitely be other opportunities to catch this quest throughout the month. My brother lives six hours away, so I can safely say that a visit from him at the same time that I was planning to run a quest qualifies as an "unforeseen" circumstance! Hehe.)
    - Tallann
  2. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Tallann wrote:
    My little ratonga fury had a lot of fun, even though Emele was thinking of roasting her little frostpaw kitten,. Luckly the others helped Phipia explain that kittens were not good eating. thank you for a fun time.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

I hope that everyone is enjoying the Nights of the Dead! Last week was a pretty busy week on my end, so things have been a bit quiet around here, but it's time to fix that!
    On Friday, October 21st, at approximately 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in Darklight Woods...I (Tallann) will be in need of some trick-or-treaters! Be sure to ask about the Nights of the Dead catalogue quest, if you still need it!
    On Saturday, October 22nd, at approximately 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in the Frostfang Sea (New Halas)...an evil dragon will be causing a great deal of trouble!
    On Saturday, October 22nd, at approximately 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in Darklight Woods...I (Tallann) will be looking for more trick-or-treaters! (Note: Time is subject to interference from the earlier quest, but I'm fairly confident that it won't take two hours to lure a dragon back to his home.)
    On Sunday, October 23rd, at approximately 7:00 p.m. PST / 10:00 p.m. EST, in Outer Kael...someone from a long line of Coldain warriors will be offering a perilous mission to anyone who is brave (stupid, foolish, crazy...take your pick) enough to accept it.
    (I tried to stagger these times a bit, but for those of you who are noticing a distinct lack of daylight in these times, don't worry -- these are just some of the things that I've scheduled for the weekend, and I'm sure that there will be more to report from the other Guides of Guk as the week goes on!
    Also, this seems like a good time to mention this...I'm not opposed to doing some events during the really late hours of the night on the east coast -- for instance, the midnight to 5:00 a.m. EST range, which is 9:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. PST -- provided that people are interested in doing things that late at night. I'm a night owl, so I'm always awake during those hours anyway, but I tend to schedule things a bit earlier to ensure that I'll actually have participants. If anyone would be interested in seeing the occasional late-night quest -- whether you're an overseas player, or you're just another night owl like me -- don't hesitate to ask. We'll do our best to accommodate all time zones.)
    - Tallann
    Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Lifeâ„¢, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly-cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.
    Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Guk might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mija Guest

WTB a guide to run the event Dumsel in Distress in Feerrott. Pahleez

Also, the clicky books to get the book quest One Last Voyage is broken. Is it possible for a guide to give out that book? Would very much like to finish all Freport quests before the BIG change :p
  5. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

Beree@Guk wrote:
    Eep! Unfortunately, it looks like poor Dumsel is taking a break right now, but I'm sure that she'll be back before you know it! (That event isn't in our current rotation, so unfortunately it can't be scheduled right now. I'll keep your request in mind for when it returns, though!)
    I'm sorry to hear that the quest "One Last Voyage" is broken! Unfortunately, as Guides, we can't hand out that quest (or its reward), but be sure to /bug the quest, if you haven't already. I'll pass along the feedback on my end, as well, but I'm afraid that's all that I can do. I hope that it gets fixed in time for you to reach your goal!
  6. ARCHIVED-Mija Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Dentmenn Guest

The Gnomes were seen constructing another one of those crazy race tracks in The Thundering Steppes (near the docks) with those infernal C.R.A.S.H. Pads! If you feel brave enough to test pilot one, drop by around 4pm on October 25. The gnomes should be able to keep the track going for about 3 hours as they plan to bring plenty of spare parts with them! Perhaps if you are lucky, you "might" even see a few gnomish pirates there looking for victims... er, um, volunteers. Har!
  8. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

On Wednesday, October 26th, at approximately 8:00 a.m. PST / 11:00 a.m. EST, in the Frostfang Sea...if you look closely, you might be able to see a brilliant display of fireworks!
    On Wednesday, October 26th, at approximately 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in Butcherblock...the dwarven axe collector will be looking for fellow axe enthusiasts to talk to!
    - Tallann
    Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Lifeâ„¢, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly-cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.
    Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Guk might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

(I hope that everyone enjoys the upcoming Halloween weekend! Pop some popcorn and watch some scary movies -- it isn't Halloween until you've been scared out of your wits at least once!)
    On Friday, October 28th, at approximately 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in the Frostfang Sea...run for cover, there's an evil dragon on the loose!
    On Friday, October 28th, at approximately 7:00 p.m. PST / 10:00 p.m. EST, in Darklight Woods...I (Tallann) will be looking for some trick-or-treaters!
    On Saturday, October 29th, at approximately 3:30 p.m. PST / 6:30 p.m. EST, in Darklight Woods...you'll have another opportunity to catch me (Tallann) handing out tricks, treats, thrills, and chills!
    On Saturday, October 29th, at approximately 8:00 p.m. PST / 11:00 p.m. EST, in the Sinking Sands...an eccentric fortune teller will be accepting customers!
    On Sunday, October 30th, at approximately 3:00 p.m. PST / 6:00 p.m. EST, in the Frostfang Sea...for a change of scenery, I (Tallann) will do my trick-or-treating in a colder climate!
    On Monday, October 31st, at approximately 9:00 a.m. PST / 12:00 p.m. EST, in the Frostfang Sea...Guide Dalharil will be doing some trick-or-treating!
    - Tallann
  10. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

(Last week was a busy week for me, so I apologize for not being able to advertise any quests. That said, it's a new month, and it's time for some new quests -- or, more accurately, some returning favorites that haven't been seen recently. And, to start, I have...an old quest? Wait, what? Okay, it may look familiar, but there's a subtle difference between this dragon and the one who was wreaking havoc in October.)
    On Friday, November 11th, at 5:00 p.m. PST / 8:00 p.m. EST, in the Frostfang Sea (New Halas)...keep your eyes peeled for a mischievous dragon who has escaped from his home!
    On Friday, November 11th, at 7:00 p.m. PST / 10:00 p.m. EST, in Everfrost...someone will be scoping out potential fashion victims who are in desperate need of a makeover.
    On Saturday, November 12th, at 3:00 p.m. PST / 6:00 p.m. EST, in Antonica...a dwarf with an appreciation for alcohol (he's a dwarf -- what did you expect him to have an appreciation for?) will be looking for assistance in retrieving a few of the specialty liquors that are missing from his collection.
    On Saturday, November 12th, at 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in Nektulos Forest...a member of the Loresinger clan will be attempting to replace a treasured heirloom.
    On Sunday, November 13th, at 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in the Eastern Wastes...a battle-hardened Coldain warrior will be looking for adventurers who are foolish enough to venture into the depths of Kael. (The Coldain warrior notes that some concerns were raised last time that venturing into Outer Kael was scary in its own right, so he has decided to relocate to the Eastern Wastes this time.)
    On Sunday, November 13th, at 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in Greater Faydark...a hunter will encounter a serious dilemma -- how can a bowman hunt when he doesn't have any arrows?
    - Tallann
  11. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

I look forward to trying to make some of these events. Thanks!
  12. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

(Some pre-Thanksgiving events for your enjoyment; have a happy Thanksgiving weekend, everyone!)
    On Wednesday, November 23rd, at approximately 2:00 p.m. PST / 5:00 p.m. EST, in Qeynos Harbor...a mischievous dragon will be roaming through the area.
    On Wednesday, November 23rd, at approximately 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in Qeynos Harbor...a baker will be looking for some inspiration!
    On Wednesday, November 23rd, at approximately 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in the Commonlands...a dwarf will be looking for some samples of alcohol that have been missing from his collection.
    I'm sure that I'll have more to announce as the weekend draws nearer, so be sure to check back!
    - Tallann
  13. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

It looks like Guk is the place to be tomorrow (Thursday)!
    On Thursday, December 1st, at approximately 8:00 a.m. PST / 11:00 a.m. EST, in Timorous Deep...a hunter will be desperately seeking some needed supplies for his hunting expedition.
    On Thursday, December 1st, at approximately 9:00 a.m. PST / 12:00 p.m. EST, in Antonica...it seems that a clumsy ex-craftsman has decided to form a band, but he has lost his crafting mojo! If he has any hope of getting his band started, he's going to need the help of some capable crafters to make the necessary equipment!
    On Thursday, December 1st, at approximately 10:00 a.m. PST / 1:00 p.m. EST, in the Eastern Wastes...a battle-hardened dwarf will be sending unsuspecting adventurers to their deaths!
    On Thursday, December 1st, at approximately 11:00 a.m. PST / 2:00 p.m. EST, in Qeynos Harbor...a baking contest will be held to honor the queen!
    On Thursday, December 1st, at approximately 11:00 a.m. PST / 2:00 p.m. EST, in Darklight Woods...a hungry troll will be looking for alternatives to the only source of food that he has available -- a scared halfling! (Yes, two events are happening at the same time; it's the Norrathian version of Sophie's Choice!)
    On Thursday, December 1st, at approximately 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in the Frostfang Sea...a fashion expert will be happy to improve the wardrobe of any adventurer who crosses her path!

- Tallann
  14. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

Tallann wrote:
    This event has been rescheduled for 5:00 p.m. PST / 8:00 p.m. EST. All other details remain the same.
    - Tallann
  15. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

Look closely, there might be some unexpected events happening this weekend....
    On Friday, December 2nd, at approximately 5:00 p.m. PST / 8:00 p.m. EST, in the Frostfang Sea [New Halas]...a mischievous (troublesome?) pet dragon will be playfully (recklessly?) touring (tormenting?) the town.
    On Friday, December 2nd, at approximately 6:30 p.m. PST / 9:30 p.m. EST, in Nektulos Forest...a member of the world-renowned Loresinger clan will be seeking assistance to replace a treasured family heirloom. (Note: The timing on this quest is subject to [unlikely] delay if the previously listed quest runs long, but I don't anticipate it taking 90 minutes to herd even the most attention-starved of dragons back to his home.)
    On Saturday, December 3rd, at approximately 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in Butcherblock...a dwarf, who is world-renowned in his own right (take THAT, Loresinger clan!), will be eager to once again share his love of all things axe-related with his fellow Norrathians.
    On Saturday, December 3rd, at approximately 7:00 p.m. PST / 10:00 p.m. EST, in the Frostfang Sea...some dwarves are obsessed with axes; others are obsessed with more logical things, like fungoids, and if you happen to be in the area, you might just run into one such fellow!
    On Sunday, December 4th, at approximately 3:30 p.m. PST / 6:30 p.m. EST, in Greater Faydark...a bloodthirsty apparition will be asking adventurers to slay a great number of orcs to avenge his death.
    On Sunday, December 4th, at approximately 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in Everfrost...a fashion expert will be gifting fashion victims with her advice.

- Tallann
  16. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

(Sorry for the short notice on Saturday's events; I meant to post these earlier [and also run a few events on Friday, as usual], but I ended up being busy for most of the day and didn't get a chance to do so.)
    On Saturday, December 10th, at approximately 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in the Frostfell Wonderland...an odd goblin will be searching for his missing gifts.
    On Saturday, December 10th, at approximately 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in Greater Faydark...a distraught hunter will be seeking the help of crafters (and friends of crafters!) so that he won't be forced to cancel his hunting trip.
    On Sunday, December 11th, at approximately 3:00 p.m. PST / 6:00 p.m. EST, in Darklight Woods...tread carefully and watch where you're going, because a grumpy old man will be roaming the area, and he doesn't want anyone to trample on his property!
    On Sunday, December 11th, at approximately 5:30 p.m. PST / 8:30 p.m. EST, in Everfrost...a fashion-obsessed critic will be more than happy to tell everyone exactly what is wrong with their wardrobe, even if they don't particularly want her advice.
    On Sunday, December 11th, at approximately 7:00 p.m. PST / 10:00 p.m. EST, in Freeport...you might see a mouse running around. Yes, you heard me -- a mouse. Not a ratonga. Whatever you do, don't call him a ratonga....
    - Tallann
  17. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

Tallann wrote:
    (Unfortunately, this is going to have to be postponed, at the very least, due to the fact that I can't get the new launcher to work at the moment. It was working an hour ago, but now it just opens and immediately closes itself. There isn't a hanging version of it in Task Manager, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Give me a few minutes to reboot my computer -- hopefully that will work, but if not, I'll be sure to post another update to let everyone know what is going on.)
    - Tallann
  18. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

Tallann wrote:
    (Rebooting worked, so I'm making preparations to start the quest as I type this. It will probably be closer to 4:30 p.m. PST / 7:30 p.m. EST at this point. Sorry for the inconvenience!)
    - Tallann
  19. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

On Tuesday, December 13th, at approximately 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in the Frostfell Wonderland...a strange goblin will be asking adventurers to help him cheer up his sad friend.
    - Tallann
  20. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Tallann wrote:
    Sigh had to go pick up my spouse at that time so missed one of my favorite guide quests