Guardian vs Berserker

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Fundinn, Nov 20, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Rizzardo Guest

Guardian vs. Serker?
    If you want my personal opinion this goes for just me... but on my server..... i Main tank in group regardless if there is a guardian or anything else, a serker who keeps his gear up to date out damages and tanks evenly with a guardian making serkers a much better tank ATM. Im pretty sure the guardians will gain edge in long run but right now from what i can tell this doesnt go for every serker on server sum just suck lol, but i joined a group with a guardian and a paladin instantly..... Hisoka ur the main tank.... its a must to keep up focus rage and soldier stance and u will tank like the man higher above me said like a rock and do damage like a scout..... so the answer is easy as in who wins this agruement....

Serkers 1
    Guardians 0

Hisoka Zodyleck, 25 Berserker
    Nektulos Server
  2. ARCHIVED-Karma187 Guest

the game does add bonus chance with 2hder, they learned from other games on this.
  3. ARCHIVED-Raidyen Guest

I disagree that Zerkers will not be the main raid tanks in the higher level raids. Gaurdians are tanks just like us, but alot of thier skills give them abilities to gaurd other classes, to increase thier AC and hitpoints, and even to share damage, While a Zerker is all about dishing out damage, and holding agro. I dont know about you, but i would much rather have a zerker keeping agro in a raid with the paladins and guardians backing him up. This may change, but with the current skill lists, Zerkers would be a better option.
  4. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

Yeah I agree, there is a ton of things that can happen and who knows til we get there...

In the 20s I can tell you the best way Id like to setupa group for tanking/agro management would be to have....

Bers tanking in Blood Lust mode...with guardian using his skills on Bers to block/defend them....

With that setup Bers not taking any more damge than a guardian. Ill tell ya right now... nothing....I mean nothing is pealing off of me to agro anything/one else.

Now Im an admitted newb to game, first toon, no beta ect.... BUT Last night I had a cool experience...Im sure others have tanked it down too but... The mob on the EL access quest was a Group x2 mob (which I didnt know until after all the adds were dead and I targetted him) and I was able to tank this guy witha shield and all Defnesive skills in effect...I also go ta sweet drop off him Faysteel handaxe...taht I believe I can use ina couple more lvls...We had one healer and rest were caster...Iw as able to keep the mobs on that quest on me at all times and even tanked the Group x2..so thats a pretty brutal lil quest I that gained my confidence that were no different (in 20s) than guards...player skill is the greater factor IMO.

Message Edited by OverlordMLF on 11-29-2004 12:51 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Ntuk Guest

Mmmmm. Feysteel Handaxe, that's good stuff. I have a set I got from Archaic Fury in Betrayer's Crypt or whatever that place is called.

For those who are interested in seeking out a pair the stats on them are:

+8 Agi +4 Str +19 Health +26 Power
    Dual Weild
    10-31 at 34
    1.3 Delay

Required Axe Skill

I can't wait til I can use em.
  6. ARCHIVED-Faeye Guest

While I'll keep my own opinions about comparing classes, and how it's unprofessional, to myself here's some tips on the procing.

Proccess effects are based on your Agility and the weapon's base proc %. Procs are not timed with weapon speed. period. They will go off randomly, based on afformentioned attributes, through the entire fight. They are counted per minute, and have nothing to do with how fast you swing.
    Message Edited by Faeye on 11-30-2004 07:12 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Rizzardo Guest

Its a shame you get the feysteel hand axe : ) I got the Feysteel Assualt Axe 2 hander...... wow its a pretty beast : )

Hisoka Zodyleck, 27 Berserker
    Nektulos Server
  8. ARCHIVED-SennSei Guest

Here's my take on this topic, which I posted in the similari thread on the Guardian side. Take if what you want:

But why does it have to be a "oh, you gonna use your skills, are you? Well, I hope you can take the getting the snot beat out of you cause you deserve it!" type of reaction?

Does it have to be competitive? I think EQ2 is a team sport. From your equation above:

Guardian = Better defense, less Offense
    Zerk = Better offense, less defense

Well, What if you:

Guardian + Zerk = detter offense with defense = ultimate tanking duo?

Whatever, just seems the obvious solution to me, rather than this competitive take on it, but what do I know? Some Zerkers are like, "no one's gonna want me cause I can't tank as well", and some Guardians are like, "no one's gonna want me cause I can't keep agro". Wouldn't a combination of the two in a group rock?

ciao,
    Ghrim (newbie Zerk)
  9. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

Well I agree, I pointed out that a MT being gaurded by a guardian would rock....whetehr it be an agility tank or zerk woudl be nice....

Ultimately though it comes down to skill..player skill..<period>

If you suck at paying attention and knowing the game/class and putting 110% into it when grouping..you will own whetehr you play guardian or Berserker

Its the same as when peopel go ... group LF Dps...and they take an unknown ranger over a unknown bersekr or soemthign because they "believe" the ranger automatically =dps

Well you know how many POS dps I have grouped with? ones who dont use ANY power like ever? These people suck. If you play your class in the same manner you too suck and it doesnt matter which class you pick.
  10. ARCHIVED-SennSei Guest

Aye!

Now, to get the guardians to agree . . .

Ghrim (Newbie Zerk)
  11. ARCHIVED-DragonNinja Guest

===========================================================================================
    QUOTE: "
    Well I agree, I pointed out that a MT being gaurded by a guardian would rock....whetehr it be an agility tank or zerk woudl be nice....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is the way SOE intends the Guardian class to be then I am either going to Re-roll or quit the game. No way am I going to play a character that won't be tanking and wont be doing good DPS..
  12. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

With all do fairness to our Guardian brothers honestly i can see Berserkers as raid tanks..... Yes we dont haev the mitigation skills Guardians do but they can cast some of those on us that will make mitigation almost as effective as theirs but i think we can out agro them anyway , Ill give an example, testerday i was in a group in where everyone but myself was 4 lvls higher then me ( atm im 23) i kept peelign agro off the MT ( guardian ) after a couple of fights he was like **ZOMG**! my taunts are at least adpet 1 or better and im wasting all my power bar but i cant grabb agro from you...

I have to turn off and stop using bloodlust because i was pulling so much agro i didnt even need to taunt etc... I mean is this skill working SoE intended it too because good lord it is a MASSIVE agro getting ( i mean i only haev it at app3 atm )

Zerkers= agro machines and i would like ot see a deagro line incorperated into ourline because i will not lessen my class playability to the fullest to make everyone else happy....

Styrkr Destructicus
    Berserker of Qeynos
    Antonia Bayle
  13. ARCHIVED-Ntuk Guest

There is a monk in my perma group and even if he lays his deaggro on me, even if he taunts the entire fight, even if I only use regular attack bloodlust keeps the hate on me. I love it.
  14. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

Quote:
    ===========================================================================================
    QUOTE: "
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is the way SOE intends the Guardian class to be then I am either going to Re-roll or quit the game. No way am I going to play a character that won't be tanking and wont be doing good DPS..
    ---------

Ill agree that it would not be what a lot of gaurdians might want ..or how to play...but I think that sony never said this class or that class fits this role...

Its completely up to the group to try to use the class skills to the best ability to make the most efficient groups...and once we get to do more raids and do the top tier Mobs....its going to require people to use teh classes teh best in order to pull a mob down...people having preconceived notions about what a class does and does not do is a bad thing and its something that is only happening in the latest releases of MMOs..

This is anew game and I am not sure I ahve seen SOE put a tag on classes by saying this clas plays the role of main tank ..this class plays teh role of damage..this class plays the rol of healer....its not exclusive and the pre conceived nothions are knot good IMO
    '
    Guardians I am sure will be beefed up to play a significant role in mitigating damge or increasing the defenses of the group...but I doubt they will be beefed up to the point that they can be the only tanks oin high lvl raids....

Can you imagine if they were? How much of a pain would it be to find 1 specific class to do your raid? Right now you can select between only 2 as it is (it seems) and what if only one class could play the healing role? or Dps....it would be a pain..and their would be a lot more complaints about that.

jsut my opion however and I know things will change throught he course of getting to lvl cap as well as more changes/balance will come to all the classes anyway
  15. ARCHIVED-Mentin Guest

*fat fingers*
    Message Edited by Mentin on 12-02-2004 04:39 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Mentin Guest

*fat fingers*
    Message Edited by Mentin on 12-02-2004 04:39 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-Mentin Guest

Most of the guardians/berserkers are still in the low-mid 20's. In that level it is only 5 levels or so since the warriors split apart. So I would not really expect them to differ that much at this point, tanking-wise.

Tanking really comes down to 2 things:
    - Soaking up damage
    - Keeping aggro

A berserker sacrificing damage for defense by wearing a shield should not be that far behind a guardian in the soaking up damage part. The guardians might have a slight edge in that because they get more defensive buffs.

It is in the keeping aggro department the berserkers will fail most compared to a guardian. In the mid 20's the warrior skills like shout and anger still suffice. However they will be more and more outdated the higher up in level you go. Guardians get upgraded taunt skills. And remember you need AE taunts, not just single-mob taunts. Heh, one of he guardian level 50 skills is a new AE taunt.

Berserkers specialize in weapon damage, guardians specialize in taunts. Damage soaking ability should be roughly equal with a small advantage to the guardians.
  18. ARCHIVED-Wanten Guest

The most fun Ive had in the game comes with me ( the zerker ) being the MT and the Guardian assisting off me and intercepting the damage. With this combo its amazing the rate you can chew through entire groups of mobs.
  19. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

Mentin atm i can outtaunt a warrior 4-5 lvls higher then me ( im 24 ) with just Bloodlust. Imagine if i use Anger our AETaunts etc... I dont think Guardians will ever outagro berserkers, the key now is can a berserker manage his agro without sacraficing too much DPS

Strykr Destructicus
    24 Berserker AB Server
    (Knights of Qeynos)
  20. ARCHIVED-Ntuk Guest

:smileysad: I have a feeling bloodlust is going to be changed and I hope not. It's one of the few good things i got goin for me.