Guardian Leaving Finally.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Estred, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

Well after 3 months of deliberations. I finally decided to quit Everquest 2. The lack of care I feel Sony has been giving Heroic and Raid content players is abhorrent. I can get better gear from Soloing the same boring zones day in and day out then I can by grouping. Even EM Raiding is just a plethora of Turn-N-Burn fights. Perhaps if I wasn't in a high end guild it would be different.

I can solo even heroic stuff. You can 1 group Raid trash in CoE. SS and Drunder and DoV are dead despite only being 3-5 levels under content which is stupid to me. SOE has been trivializing content so fast that there is now nothing to do only a month after CoE went live. If you enjoy this game still please enjoy it while it lasts. I have played for almost 3 years straight now and believe me it will one day get tiresome and you too will consider quitting.

Goodbye to Norrath and all who dwell there. Enjoy your games for what they are. When they aren't what you enjoy anymore... move on.

Edit: This btw is just a farewell because I liked this game, or used to. I don't want/need "Feedback" as to my reasons for quitting.
  2. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Sorry you weren't able to see more of the game. /wave After many more years I am still here and still haven't seen it all and I am pretty sure I never will. This is a huge world and I think you missed some along the way.
    This is the bowling alley, the neighbor's kitchen for coffee, the race track and the park playing frisbee with the kids. This is a theme park and holidays and a place where the world has fun and makes lasting relationships. This is a world where we come together and support each other and help each other and learn from each other. The theme song from CHEERS comes to mind every time I think about what this game means to me. Disabled who can't get out into the world come here and soar into the skies, kids who haven't learned to share come here and learn about teamwork, people tired from a day's work come here to relax. This is a rich beautiful world in which you have established yourself and built a foundation, I am sad you won't be around to enjoy that.
    Guiscard and Tylia like this.
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

If you didn't want/need feedback as to why you were quitting, why did you post it on the forums? See you in a couple of weeks when you get over whatever ticked you off. :)
    Guiscard likes this.
  4. Kindle Heartforge Active Member

Sorry to see you go Estred. But I am a firm believer that sometimes we need breaks from things. Often times when we love doing something we wrap ourselves so tightly in it that we lose perspective on what we loved about it in the first place. This may or may not describe you, but it does describe my experience.

I recently returned to Norrath with newfound vigor and I am thoroughly enjoying myself.

Should you decide to return, you'll be welcomed. Please do take care as you pursue new adventures!
    Filly67 likes this.
  5. mouser Well-Known Member

Fare Well Estred!

It's a game, and if you're not enjoying yourself playing it, there's no reason to punish yourself by staying.
    Find something out there in the world (maybe another MMO, maybe something else entirely) worthy of your time.
  6. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Maybe he wrote it in hope's they would change the game mechanics better, he isn't wrong on his statements, anyone who played hardcore since launch knows exactly what he is talking about. Good Luck to you, I already left. I still check into the forums though.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

I may not quit depends on if my guild can convince me not to, which is dubious at best in my mind. Still though I posted this on the belief that any company should know why a multi-year user of their product has decided to stop using it. If one person stops usage for any reason it is not inconceivable that another may.

I also said I did not want feedback because honestly I did not want to draw a lot of random comments along the lines of being basically ridiculed for my own decision.
  8. Zannah Active Member

It's been years since I was in a raiding guild, but what you posted here really brought up some memories that make still make me furious. Members like this - who one day decide to quit, but then don't, instead hanging around like drama queens expecting you to talk them into staying, as if they're the irreplaceable centre of your universe - did much more damage to my old guild than SOE and their "lack of care" ever did. It's extremely annoying, and out of respect for your guild, I think you should either just politely say good-bye and leave or be quiet and stay.

In my experience, these "I'm quitting! Unless you can convince me not to"-types, tend to repeat the threat numerous times, each time causing trouble for their guild, until finally one day they leave for about a week or two, and when they return they've mystically joined another, competing guild. In the same way that you're tired of the game, I got tired of the raid guild social game and quit that. EQ2 still gives me plenty of entertainment though.
    Nebula, Guiscard, Ladymist and 3 others like this.
  9. Kraeref Well-Known Member

If you didn't want to see replies why to create a thread in the first place? Why not just pm your concerns to a dev or two? This thread is very strange and doesn't carry any purpose. My oinion
    Guiscard and Feylone like this.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Estred has serious concerns about how Solo zones are handing out raid level gear and how raid content in Chains of Eternity is now so ridiculously easy that no skill is required. The pendulum has swung too far the other way. There's something wrong when almost nobody wants to group.
    Your reply serves no more purpose.
  11. odericko New Member

Was thinking the same thing. If you post in the forums you're gonna get feedback.
    Guiscard likes this.
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

Most of which ends up being trolling in these kinds of threads.
  13. odericko New Member

True, yet another reason not to make these kinda posts IMO. But saying you don't want opinions is kind of asking for it.
    Guiscard likes this.
  14. Salty21db Active Member

The exact reasoning I was going to leave. I even resubbed to Tera and everything (Tera because of their combat and the fact I CAN trio dungeons just is harder before people are like OMG TERA?!?!?!?).

Oddly enough I hopped on one more day and found a guild with nice/intelligent players in it, quite difficult in MMOs these days to find. For the time being I will stay but I'm certain after raiding the same thing for awhile with no group content to really do worthwhile that it will get tiresome again. Which is funny how sadly easy it is since it was the first time the guild was in the HE raid and we downed the first 3 bosses with one shots with 3 full grps and the rest mercs and only couldn't complete the 4th because of lack of people. As discussed in the many other threads the entire itemization/progression is screwed up bad imo and I can see why Estred would leave.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

I agree that the content has gotten too easy. We 9 manned all of Altar (EM SS raid gear mostly) except for the monkey because we didn't feel like a 30 minute fight. That's 9 people, no mercs, no HM raid gear. While the Imp was was still doing his 'red light/green light' script. That is too easy.
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

That is solely because my guild is already trying to convince me not to on our own forums. I had made up my mind when I posted both here and there that Sunday was my final raid... granted now it seems there are other things I did not know about my guild. This is not the place for me to discuss what has been going on in Khrama nor will I. Suffice to say I was quitting for the above reasons and that I honestly need to stop spending so much time on EQ2 and get a job. That "competing guild" I have already talked to once before... I want nothing to do with them.

You tell me if you decided to quit and quite truly overnight there are at least 3 posts of people trying to convince you not to if you may at least hesitate. Even if you are tired of the game you still have very strong social connections to your guildmates or at least you should so of course most guilds if they actually give a **** about you will try to convince you to stay. I was gone two days ago till those posts were made Sunday I was removing myself from guild and bidding farewell to my server, now it seems that there are people trying to get me to not do so. They may be right, they may be wrong. I know the type you are talking about.

Edit: The whole "not wanting feedback" I knew would just incite people to comment and talk about it all the more ;)
    Call me underhanded but anytime someone quits for defined reasons it should be at least discussed.
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

Also there is the fun fact of even if I do change my mind for personal or otherwise reasons. This act of quitting/almost quitting is now permanently archived and perhaps may serve a reminder that there is such a thing as "too easy to be fun".
  18. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I just don't understand why on this forum? Where majority do not even know the OP /sighs... all for show-off ...
  19. mouser Well-Known Member

I don't know. If you've been following any of the raid/item/solo threads going on lately he's been a pretty consistent voice. I disagree with views a lot, though we do have some common ground. I think ultimately we both want this game to continue to do well, but disagree as to what that entails or how to get it there.
  20. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Nice to know that you were happy to oblige.. Maybe his post was exactly what it said it was, a need to say his piece. Many share his opinion of the direction that the game is going.