Ghoulbane Quest

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-Celestian_GC, Nov 20, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Tydde Guest

Yes, that we get 8 levels later then the stinking pallys. Well it wouldnt really surprise me, but NO. This is not "our" Ghoulbane, had it been it woulndt be placed in Stormhold, it would have been in Fallen Gate.
    Also - the classical weapon of choise would be the heritage-quest Shiny Brass Halberd, which as we know, cant be used by SKs in EQ2. So that leaves us with... *drumroll* ...Ghoulbane!
    And fortunatly for us, whatever some might think - Shadowknights CAN use it. As mentioned before some people acctually are. I might clear a few things here - it is possible to get into "enemy" cities (the cities have an alliance, so technically - we are not enemies). 2 rules apply: 1. You cannot enter through the main gate and 2. You will get thrown out by the guards (prolly far from the entrypoint) if you are seen. So use the sewers, the sewers is your friend.
    I am pretty sure that is no bug that other then Pallys can use it, but the intention is that evil toons will have more work cut out for them because: 1. They prolly never ventured to Stormhold and other places thus lack orientation. 2. they will need to travel all across the "world" to get there and 3. They will have to invent alternative means to complete the "Dust Blue Stone"-quest.
    I have the Weakened Ghoulbane and will be able to wield it in 2 levels - and btw, its "LORE, NO-TRADE" if you ever wondered.
  2. ARCHIVED-RAYVEN2 Guest

Would you please state how you were able to complete the dusty blue stone quest? How can you do this quest without being a citizen of Qeynos? Sure the sewers might take you to the zone you need to go to but won't the guards throw you out? I'm pretty sure this is indeed a bug but only SOE knows for sure if this was intended or not. Did'nt SKs have a SK only sword in EQ1... I'm sure if they did there is a heritage quest for that as well or its a major oversight by SOE.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kreigmeister Guest

Can anyone confirm that Ghoulbane is a pally only weapon in this game like the last? It would be really lame if i am able to complete the quest as a Bezerker and not be able to use the final version of the sword.
  4. ARCHIVED-RyanLynx Guest

Well, the guards have to actually see you first.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=quest&message.id=18504
    No, the final weapon hasn't been finished yet, if the fix is put into next weeks "big patch" there will be a few threads with the answer I'm sure.
  5. ARCHIVED-luwkwul Guest

I don't know if anyone posted a great mining location already, but I'm not reading through the 4 pages.

THE best spot I have found in TS (trust me I have tons of xp debt racked up from exploring) is by the Southern Bandit Camp. All around the shrine of decay over into the bandit camp, there is Windswept Stones (needed for Ghoulbane quest) and Stonecrest Ore. Obviously you have to be dodgy, especially if you're kos to the centaurs like I am. But, if you're on your horse you can outrun those mobs and loh yourself if needed. This is the best spot I have found. It took me about 2 hours total to get all 40 collected.

Servers are down now, so getting my Ghoulbane after they go back up heh.
  6. ARCHIVED-gachamann Guest

RobleeS, do you have to quest for that Claymore, or can you just grab it at 40? Seems kinda anti-climatic if you can just grab it, because then every fighter and his brother will have one :/

As fas as collecting the minerals in TS, the best place I found was the southern craters with massive amounts of skellies and spirited orbs at the bottom. The craters with spirited orbs popped them sometimes, but on the other side with all the skellies the windswept rocks spawn constantly. I would sometimes see 3 of them grouped together, near several mobs that were red^ to me at lvl 21, of course. Just be patient and get around them and you'll have the 40 components in no time.

There was a red named Orb that was ^^^ that I saw. He was aggro while the other orbs weren't. I wonder what he drops :)
  7. ARCHIVED-RobleeS Guest

You just grab it, however you can not use it until 45. It also starts a quest to empower the sword....since it is Inert when you get it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lathaniel Guest

9. ARCHIVED-jarbonn Guest

Ok, it looks like somebody just finished it... I'm dying to know where these 3 mobs are and how you get them to spawn.
    Details, anyone???
    My weakened ghoulbane is just an oddity sitting in my bank at the moment..
  10. ARCHIVED-Vinditax Guest

Being as im cheap and didnt pay the extra 99 cent to get item thing, can someone post a pic or the stats here?
  11. ARCHIVED-Vulkan_NTooki Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Muddeh Guest

My self and another SK got most of the quest done last night.
    Its NOT an exploit to go into Quynos as some people have posted.
    Heres how we did it.
    You get some one to trade the dusty blue stone across to start the quest. You then Zone into Myst Mere forest from Anatonica via the mariners bell. The guards there ignore you as they are not "city" guards.
    Then zone into, I think graystone yard, speak to the Dwaft who gives you the mining quest.
    Go mine 40 units of windsweft rock (note, mining in Thunderstepes is not an exploit :) )
    return to the dwarf
    Then you have to go to south queynos, Do this by accessing the underwater passage near queynos gate griffen tower into the peat bog, from the peatbog go to the vermins snye, then the down below. then south queynos. then you talk to some mage in the mage place.
    He asks you to deliver some steel bars to the village in thndering steppes, return to the mage.
    Then you need to speak to the cleric person in the temple of life in north queynos, so back to the sewers to N queynos.
    All the time you run around in the queynos city zone, you need to be mindful of the guard patrol paths as getting caught means you get kicked out into the middle of anatonica.
    jump in the water and swim along to avoid most of the patrols of queynos guards. enter the temple of life, go left talk to the guy there, he sends you off to storm hold or some such to kill some ghouls. Kill the ghouls and return, he then asks yo if you want to continue the ghouls bane or not. if you select not, you get some other weapons as a reward, if you selct ghoul bane you then get the ghoul bane heritage quest.

Thats as far as we have got.
    But it was fun sneaking around queynos, made a decent quest into a really interesting and challenging one.
    Jolenar.
    Message Edited by Muddeh on 12-21-2004 07:17 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

can someone confirm that the lich is good up after patch (if servers are stable nough to get em up)
    thx forward
    Zergosch
  14. ARCHIVED-RAYVEN2 Guest

The spectre is nice and easy to find in the crypt of betrayal but I can not for the life of me find the vampire decendant in Nek forest. Anyone have any idea where this NPC is in Nek?
  15. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

as i wrote or forgot to wrote in another thread... vamp of nek is inside the "Hohlkessel" instance (sry duno how to spell in english)
    reg
    Zergosch
  16. ARCHIVED-gachamann Guest

Not sure what Hohlkessel is. I've read that he's in Cauldron's Hollow zone from Nek, which you need to finish access quest for.

I'mm on the restore GB as well. Does anyone know what you have to kill in the Creator's room in Varsoons to make him spawn? I saw Incomplete Guardians, Enchanted Clays, and Skellie workers. Just wondering since there's so many if a certain group is PH, or just slaughter everything?
  17. ARCHIVED-Rennyn Guest

So how about sharing where the spectre is then? Went all over CoB and didn't see him.
  18. ARCHIVED-Faxon Guest

Hey guys, is the first time I have ever posted in the forums (I've read them though, and thanks for the info on how to obtain it from everyone) and I would just like to post the stats that I have when I examine the weakened ghoulbane:

Weakened Ghoulbane
    Lore
  19. ARCHIVED-Faxon Guest

Hey guys, is the first time I have ever posted in the forums (I've read them though, and thanks for the info on how to obtain it from everyone) and I would just like to post the stats that I have when I examine the weakened ghoulbane:

Weakened Ghoulbane
    Lore No-Trade
    +5str +1wis +24 health +24 Power
    Wield Style: One-handed
    Damage: 13-40 (24-71 at level 38)
    Base Damage :11-33
    Delay: 1.7s
    Skill: Sword
    Required: 160
    Mastery: 190
    Slot: Primary
    Condition: 100%
    Weight: 2.5

That's what It says when I examine. Oh, and sorry about that other post lol. Don't know how that happened.....
  20. ARCHIVED-Faxon Guest

Hey guys. I was just wondering, what are the names of the three mobs we need to kill to restore the ghoulbane? Because I just kill the Specter or Ire, or what ever it's called, and didn't get the quest credit for the specter in CoB.