Game wont start

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by flub, Feb 21, 2013.

1. flub New Member

As the title suggests the game wont startup
    I don't run EQ2 through steam, as I have nothing nice to say about steam, if I didn't have to use steam for other games, would not use it at all...

Since the last update *( Wednesday 20th Feb 2012) the game wont run, the launch pad starts as normal, click play and it changes to playing and that as far as it goes, now and again the launcher window will vanish, but the game itself does not start, but the EverQuest2.exe remains in the windows task manager using 74,536k, but fluctuates.
    It is less then the game usually uses when running

I have tried deleting the eq2.exe and reinstalling it, validating the game assets after each attempt, I even tried defragging both my drives, OS on one drive, game on another.
    I don't have any external UI
    I have set the game to full screen mode from the configuration options.

I am at a loss, I don't know what else to do, it ran fine before the patch, I wont say perfect, as its never been perfect in all the time I have played, 16 months.

Help :(

thank you in advance for any effort to help :)
  2. Shaelynn New Member

Same exact problem here. at a loss.
  3. firestorck Member

I had something similar. found the solution. go into your sony folder. then into the game's folder. look for the icon for EQ2 settings. should have two tabs. one for main. and one for settings. go into settings and there should be a box for full screen. make sure the box for full screen is marked. hopefully this helps
  4. flub New Member

the game actually starts now, but locks up randomly.

I deleted the main everquest exe and all of the launcher folder, and ran the launcher, with auto play ticked, then I went out for 5 hours.
    when I returned the game was loaded, with the log on screen asking for account password, and char to load.

played for a bit, swapped cjhars and the game locked up for about 30 mins, unfroze the locked up again and crashed.

Upon restarting the game, back to stage 1 of the launcher doing nothing.
  5. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Flub, please submit a support ticket with both your Dxdiag and Msinfo so we can further assist you with your launchpad issues.
  6. flub New Member

Been checking the forums a lot recently while waiting for the game to unfreeze or startup, sometimes it works, so not all bad.

On some other topics I had seen you as people to submit a ticket, so I did just that yesterday.

Ticket number is : #130224-000251

when I exited the game last night and then shut down the pc all seemed good, but this evening when I started the pc, and started the game, the everquest2.exe was corrupt, so I deleted it, crossed my fingers, and clicked the launcher... ah well

thank you in advance for any help !

I have always had some problems with the game, dont think it makes any difference that I am in europe, and this is an american based server, as I know people from all over the world who play on the server with just the basic problems of the game crashing