Fury - Nature's Ferocity cancelling other spells

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Calamoor, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Calamoor Active Member

When I start up the Nature's Ferocity, I noticed that the effects on Casting Expertise, Battle Prowess and Sacred Follower are cancelled. I was trying to increase my double-cast when I noticed this. Anyone else experiencing this and/or have an understanding as to why this is occurring? This doesn't occur with the Master of Storms which is the healing stance rather than the melee stance of NF.
  2. Koko Well-Known Member

Casting Expertise, Battle Prowess, and Sacred Follower are buff dependent on each other, it is only possible to have one active at a time.
  3. Calamoor Active Member

Yes, I know the you can only have one of CE, BP and SF up at any time. I've indicated that the Nature's Ferocity will cancel any of those 3 regardless of which you choose to use. The icon of the selected one of those 3 is shown when used, it's just that you loose the adjustment buffs they provide.
  4. Quabi Active Member

Nature's Ferocity is your healing stance. As the description says, the Litany of Combat buffs suspend while your heal stance is active.
  5. Venea New Member

As Quabi said, Nature's Ferocity is your healing stance. Looking at the AA info...
    Nature's Ferocity: Increases casting time and reuse speed of hostile spells by 15% (IE: Slows them down), Reduces damage of hostile spells by 15%, Adds an additional tick to primary HoTs, Improves critical heals by 5%, increases heal amount by 15%.
    Master of Storms: Improves casting speed of hostile spells by 15%, Improves base and critical damage of hostile spells by 10%, Reduces heal amounts by 25%.

So, yea. Ferocity is healing, and thus suspends the effects of CE/BP/SF.
  6. Calamoor Active Member

Thanks for clarifying this. It's wasting points in CE/BP/SF if you choose the Ferocity. So using the mirror I've respec'd as follows:

Soloing: Master of Storms: +5 points into CE/BP/SF and No points to Nature's Ferocity.
    Grouping: Nature's Ferocity: +5 points elsewhere (leaving 0 in CE/BP/SF) and No points to Master of Storms
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

For much group content, you can run in your dps stance and not having any problems keeping people alive. Litany of combat is always worth having unless you need to stay heal stance 100%